Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Getting Patapon 2 from another user.

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
level42

Getting Patapon 2 from another user.

Post by level42 »

I understand that all the 3.36 games are currently gone, and not available for download. My question is simply. Could someone in theory lend out their PSN account that has Patapon 2 on it (or other game)? In order to do the hack? Or does one require Patapon 2 at all time in order for this to work?

If so, is there a place that we can request accounts on loan to complete this?

[Edit]
4. You got the game and accidentally formatted your memory card/deleted the game (Again, you can always re-download it but only up until the game is pulled) this to is also a common complaint
Does this imply that once Sony "pulls" the game, that you cannot re-download it. Even if you purchased it?
Advertising
dmaskell92

Re: Getting Patapon 2 from another user.

Post by dmaskell92 »

Nobody's going to lend you their account... There is no free way to do this. You would need to have the account running ALL the time. You can't just swap accounts and keep games from another account.
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
Cyber

Post by Cyber »

level42 wrote:I understand that all the 3.36 games are currently gone, and not available for download. My question is simply. Could someone in theory lend out their PSN account that has Patapon 2 on it (or other game)? In order to do the hack? Or does one require Patapon 2 at all time in order for this to work?
Theoretically speaking it's possible, albeit with many restrictions as long as the account owner is fine with breaking Sony EULA. Namely, SEN accounts can only have 2 Vita systems activated at the same time with activation resettable via PC once every 6 months (deactivating via Vita is not possible here since the games on that Vita will stop working). So it should be possible to activate 2-3 "foreign" Vitas per account, assuming that the account isn't banned before that.
Edit: one could also abuse "family sharing" or whatever Sony calls it, but there's also a limit to how many "children" you are allowed to have, so to speak.
level42 wrote:Does this imply that once Sony "pulls" the game, that you cannot re-download it. Even if you purchased it?
Yes, you will not be able to download the game even if you bought it, although the game will become downloadable again sooner or later (after the exploit is fixed in a new Vita firmware).
taliesintaliesin

Post by taliesintaliesin »

u can save to PC using openCMA, transfer it back to vita anytime you want. in condition that the vita pulling the game from PC must have the same or greater than OFW "version no." compared to the host (ori) vita. just like vita backup & restore.
arcadekidflo

Post by arcadekidflo »

I still have not understood some things :

1 . Is the exploit game required only for the first installation of the eCFW then you can remove it and even delete the account ? Or the game needs to be there every time you boot into the eCFW?
2. You can not disable the account from Vita because it can't acces PSN or there is no such option in the Vita menu ?
Cyber

Post by Cyber »

arcadekidflo wrote:1 . Is the exploit game required only for the first installation of the eCFW then you can remove it and even delete the account ? Or the game needs to be there every time you boot into the eCFW?
You must have both the account and the game at all times.
arcadekidflo wrote:2. You can not disable the account from Vita because it can't acces PSN or there is no such option in the Vita menu ?
You can deactivate Vita from itself, but the games will stop working on a deactivated Vita, including the exploited game and eCFW. The deactivation should be done from PC instead: it will remove all Vitas from an account making room for 2 other Vitas to be activated. Previously activated Vitas must be kept offline so that they won't know that they've been deactivated and will work normally.

It all boils down to PSN account-specific act.dat file and game-specific .rif license files.
Each game has its own unique .rif file with account name inside; activated Vita has its own act.dat file also with account name inside. The game will only start if account names in both files match, that's why Vita must be activated AND the game (its .rif license file actually) must be present.
eCFW and custom bubbles don't have their own licenses and use legit game's license as their own, that's why legit game and PSN account are always required.
arcadekidflo

Post by arcadekidflo »

But can you remove the User1 that holds the account login and leave only User 2 without any credentials ? I believe the game will still work , act dat and rif will still be there
Also , deactivating all devices from PC can be done every 6 months , so friends will have to wait
Cyber

Post by Cyber »

arcadekidflo wrote:But can you remove the User1 that holds the account login and leave only User 2 without any credentials ? I believe the game will still work , act dat and rif will still be there
Also , deactivating all devices from PC can be done every 6 months , so friends will have to wait
No, you can't. There's only one user on a Vita and removing the account on Vita results in deletion of act.dat file.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Cyber wrote:
arcadekidflo wrote:But can you remove the User1 that holds the account login and leave only User 2 without any credentials ? I believe the game will still work , act dat and rif will still be there
No, you can't. There's only one user on a Vita and removing the account on Vita results in deletion of act.dat file.
Exactly, it's not like PS3 where you can make as many SEN accounts as you want. So if you know somebody who will let you use their SEN account, that's fine. But nobody here is going to risk their credit card credentials to give you a free game. If there was someone, they would only be able to give the game to you solely, as there is a 2 account limit. Totally unfeasible, I don't know why anyone entertained this idea. It's not that expensive man.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD

Return to “General”