Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Stuck on "creating app list" when trying to load exploit.

Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
midnx

Stuck on "creating app list" when trying to load exploit.

Post by midnx »

I'm using ARK eCFW with the hotbrain exploit on 3.36

It was working fine until I FTP'd some PSP isos overnight, now everytime I try to launch the exploit it gets stuck at "Creating app list", anyone know how to fix this?
Advertising
GBOT
Developer

Re: Stuck on "creating app list" when trying to load exploit

Post by GBOT »

Do not ftp your isos..

Anyway why is people still using ftp? I mean cma is like 10x faster and wont corrupt your files :?
Advertising
Github
Twitter

Can't give enough crepes
midnx

Post by midnx »

I tried transferring with CMA before but it wouldn't work when I put the ISO on a psp save file, just gave error. I just reformatted and tried installing with a ps1 save file and it worked.
midnx

Post by midnx »

Just transferred another iso using CMA and am having the same problem.
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

This problem happens sometimes using menus like 138 in ARK. Some people may never see this problem. It is caused by certain game rips. You can either get a clean version of the game or you can use ARK's built-in menu to load the game. You can fix it by going into PSPFiler and overwriting or renaming a certain file in the ARK directory. There may be a way to bypass the menu. I thought I read somewhere you can hold R trigger when starting ARK to bypass a gui but I cannot confirm this right now.
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
nepsquare

Post by nepsquare »

Had the same, as I had no Filer nor FTP bubbles installed I had to wipe my device :(

Neps
midnx

Post by midnx »

Yeah I narrowed it down to 1 particular ISO. =/
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

midnx wrote:Yeah I narrowed it down to 1 particular ISO. =/
I believe that Prometheus patched games can cause this problem. You can unpatch them and try to get them to load or you can just use the plain ARK2 menu which works for those types of games and never freezes on the Creating App List error.
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

GBOT wrote:Do not ftp your isos..

Anyway why is people still using ftp? I mean cma is like 10x faster and wont corrupt your files :?
But moving files via Filer takes sooooooooooooo looooooooooong, and is soooooooooooooo complicateeeeeeeeeeeeed!
Transfering anything bigger than 50MB via FTP should not be done, imo. FTP should be used for smaller files, and USB for everything else, if not literally everything.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

The Z wrote:
GBOT wrote:Do not ftp your isos..

But moving files via Filer takes sooooooooooooo looooooooooong, and is soooooooooooooo complicateeeeeeeeeeeeed!
Transfering anything bigger than 50MB via FTP should not be done, imo. FTP should be used for smaller files, and USB for everything else, if not literally everything.
I used to agree totally with that statement but recently my FTP setup has become very stable.

I transfer at an average rate of 1.2MB/s to the VitaFTP and the last game was around 700MB and transferred just fine (8 minutes to complete upload). The game was short also and I finished the entire game with 0 errors. I do think if you do not have enough filespace for the file you are transferring over, the ftp may still allow it and that can cause incomplete uploads. At this point, I am able to easily play any game that is 700MB or under with ease by transferring via FTP. The last 20 file uploads have been a success. Actually I haven't had a single FTP error since I am using VitaFTP loading from UNO bubble on 3.36 (made with Patapon II.) I use Ubuntu with filezilla (binary mode, 1 connection). I do recall on 3.11 Gameocracy (in combo with Windows XP and Mozilla plugin Filezilla) I had slow ftp rate and problems, but all that is gone for me now.

Return to “ARK”