Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Signing EBOOT.BIN

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
samsara

Signing EBOOT.BIN

Post by samsara »

In case someone needs a tutorial to sign EBOOT.BIN files, here are the steps I use:

0. Make a folder, put the ISO, sign_np and UMDGEN here.
1. Get UMDGEN, http://dl.qj.net/psp/homebrew-applicati ... -v400.html
2. Start UMDGEN and drag the ISO onto it.
3. Select File>File List>Export and name it whatever. Very important for some ISOs to work.
4. Go into PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/ and right-click the EBOOT.BIN and extract it to to the same folder as all the other files.
5. Delete the EBOOT.BIN, which is inside the UMDGEN window, by right-clicking it and select delete.
6. Now you have no EBOOT.BIN in the UMDGEN window, but you have one in the folder.
7.Shift-right-click anywhere in the folder with everything in and select "Open Command window here" or something.
8. Write sign_np -elf EBOOT.BIN EBOOT2.BIN 2
9. Right-click on the UMDGEN window and choose Add>Existing File>select the EBOOT2.BIN
10. Right-click the EBOOT2.BIN and select Rename. Rename it to EBOOT.BIN
11. Select File>File List>Import and select the text file you made earlier.(step 3) Then choose Yes.
12. Save the ISO uncompressed.

You have now signed the EBOOT.BIN

Follow any other guide to sign the ISO using sign_np.

EDIT: For anyone having problems with signing EBOOT.BIN, try decrypting it using JPCSP. In the configurations for that emulator, in the crypto settings, set it to decrypt it in the tmp folder. Run the ISO and get that EBOOT.BIN and sign it.
Advertising
Last edited by samsara on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpmaster

Re: Signing EBOOT.BIN

Post by Alpmaster »

Thanks i am going to try that out i still have not been able to make my own masterboy custom bubble.
Advertising
Game On!
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

You don't need this method to sign MasterBoy. You need the homebrew loader.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
dMouZe

Post by dMouZe »

samsara wrote:In case someone needs a tutorial to sign EBOOT.BIN files, here are the steps I use:

0. Make a folder, put the ISO, sign_np and UMDGEN here.
1. Get UMDGEN, http://dl.qj.net/psp/homebrew-applicati ... -v400.html
2. Start UMDGEN and drag the ISO onto it.
3. Select File>File List>Export and name it whatever. Very important for some ISOs to work.
4. Go into PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/ and right-click the EBOOT.BIN and extract it to to the same folder as all the other files.
5. Delete the EBOOT.BIN, which is inside the UMDGEN window, by right-clicking it and select delete.
6. Now you have no EBOOT.BIN in the UMDGEN window, but you have one in the folder.
7.Shift-right-click anywhere in the folder with everything in and select "Open Command window here" or something.
8. Write sign_np -elf EBOOT.BIN EBOOT2.BIN 2
9. Right-click on the UMDGEN window and choose Add>Existing File>select the EBOOT2.BIN
10. Right-click the EBOOT2.BIN and select Rename. Rename it to EBOOT.BIN
11. Select File>File List>Import and select the text file you made earlier.(step 3) Then choose Yes.
12. Save the ISO uncompressed.

You have now signed the EBOOT.BIN

Follow any other guide to sign the ISO using sign_np.

i get the error "Invalid ELF file for EBOOT resigning!" everytime :(
[spoiler]PS Vita: 2.12
PS Vita: 3.35
PS Vita: 3.36 With VHBL

PS3: Latest OFW

3DS XL: 4.5.0-8E

2xNintendo Wii: Softmodded (Bannerbomb)

Wii U: vWii Softmodded (Smash Stack)

Xbox360 Elite Slim: RGH2
[/spoiler]
xfullmetal17

Post by xfullmetal17 »

I'm in a similar boat... At least with Tag Force 5

Kingdom Hearts BBSFM worked with this method.

edit: be aware that although the OP uses 2 after EBOOT2.PBP you may have to substitute the correct tag (00-23) for it to work properly. Try this especially if it throws an error at you when you're trying to build the .iso

next edit: Are you sure on uncompressed .iso? That just ballooned Birth By Sleep Final Mix to 4GB :o I'd hate to think what it'll do to Final Fantasy Type-0
Always follow *all* steps of the friendly tutorial. They aren't there just as 'guidelines.'
dMouZe

Post by dMouZe »

still can't get **** to work with this method. i'm just using the sign_np cmd thing, works perfectly everytime. for every game i've tested so far, FF Type 0 works with cubixx btw..
[spoiler]PS Vita: 2.12
PS Vita: 3.35
PS Vita: 3.36 With VHBL

PS3: Latest OFW

3DS XL: 4.5.0-8E

2xNintendo Wii: Softmodded (Bannerbomb)

Wii U: vWii Softmodded (Smash Stack)

Xbox360 Elite Slim: RGH2
[/spoiler]
xfullmetal17

Post by xfullmetal17 »

Interesting... I can't get Type-0 to work with Cubixx... Maybe it doesn't like the custom boot icon or something? (or it's a EU vs US thing)
Always follow *all* steps of the friendly tutorial. They aren't there just as 'guidelines.'
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

Thanks to this I was able to get FFT0 work with Cubixx :P
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
digileandro

Post by digileandro »

In my yu-gi-oh tag force 6 iso, in the PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/ there is an eboot-copied.bin file (1,8 mb) and an eboot.bin (only 12 kbts, I think this is a too small size for a eboot.bin file :| ) Which one do I have to sign?
xfullmetal17

Post by xfullmetal17 »

Missed step 0, which turned out to be the most important... Turns out when exporting the .iso from where I had it originally it was adding a bunch of 'garbage' files to it as well which caused the size to balloon so much.
digileandro wrote:In my yu-gi-oh tag force 6 iso, in the PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/ there is an eboot-copied.bin file (1,8 mb) and an eboot.bin (only 12 kbts, I think this is a too small size for a eboot.bin file :| ) Which one do I have to sign?
It *should* be EBOOT.BIN. Worst that happens is you have to redo it with the other one. (note that UMDGen shouldn't touch the original .iso file, that's why you export a new one in the last step.) I agree though, that does seem a bit small (the EBOOT.BIN file in Type-0 was 4.9MB for me).

edit: also learned that the custom image you use when launching one of these bubbles has to be 480x272, matching the PSP's screen size.

Return to “Tutorials”