Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Qcma - Crossplatform content manager for the PSVita

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
damex

Re: QCMA - Cross-platform content manager for the PSVita (0.

Post by damex »

hi,
i'v added linux version of qcma to the funtoo/gentoo overlay.
https://github.com/damex/funtoo-playsta ... -util/qcma

there are also utilites like sign_np and vitamtp (fork).

i thought that there might be funtoo users or just gentoo derivative users... and they might be interested.
it works like charm without dancing around device connection for me.
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

shadowknight1620 wrote:Aww it doesn't work on XP :cry: my laptop is from 1998 there is no way for me to update to another version of windows :( and I love QCMA. Is there anyway you can make an XP build? Thank you codestation in advance.
Install a Linux distro
>->-D.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
shadowknight1620

Post by shadowknight1620 »

I was thinking about it honestly :|
ShadowKnight1620 PSP-3001 6.60 PRO-C2 & PSVita 3.36 ARK-2
ImageDownload ShadowKnight1620's CTF
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Look up Arch Linux, Tho if you are new to linux stuff then it might be a tad complicated, If that is the case then maybe OpenSuse would be more to your liking but IDK what with this old PC of yours.
Also KDE master race FTW! Even if I do like to use Gnome from time to time....
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
shadowknight1620

The only thing thats kept me from switching to linux was program support but that has seemed to change ;)
I just hope to get a new laptop soon.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Other than games linux has had everything I could ever want and in fact can run the games as well but the requirements go up and its a pain in the a "A" to set up unless you run then in a VM but then we have that increase in spec requirements.
Anywhooo end of the day the choice is yours but I think you will be surprised by how a good linux distro can breath life into an old PC, Or go nuts and get some crazy fancy set up to make full use of some Tri-SLI 980's or something.
shadowknight1620

:P sparky linux :lol:
Last edited by shadowknight1620 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
angelic_sedition

Post by angelic_sedition »

fate6 wrote:Other than games linux has had everything I could ever want and in fact can run the games as well but the requirements go up and its a pain in the a "A" to set up unless you run then in a VM but then we have that increase in spec requirements.
Anywhooo end of the day the choice is yours but I think you will be surprised by how a good linux distro can breath life into an old PC, Or go nuts and get some crazy fancy set up to make full use of some Tri-SLI 980's or something.
If you have multiple graphics cards and two monitors, vga passthrough running windows in a vm with a dedicated monitor is probably the best option. Though I'm guessing that most of us don't have this option. I stopped dualbooting maybe half a year ago and decided the booting into windows wasn't worth the hassle.

I don't want to get too off topic, but I do want to say that I don't think recommending Arch to someone who is completely unfamiliar with linux is a good idea. Not because it's necessarily "hard"; it's time consuming and probably more likely to cause frustration in most inexperienced people (who are more likely to screw something up). Suddenly they're attempting to install and run a distro with no graphical installer (unless an Arch variant is used) that installs very little default software. They have to have a much better understanding of partitions, different filesystems, learn at least some shell, learn what the heck an fstab or pacman.conf is, and then choose all their software or a Desktop Environment to start with. At that point, plain Arch isn't really all that more lightweight than another distro that bundles this by default. I think Arch is works better for people who already know exactly what they want and prefer scripted to friendly installation/setup. Especially for someone who gets easily distracted by choices this becomes hel.l on earth... When I was on linux mint things were like, "I'm fine with a browser and this default stuff. Oh Banshee crashes when reading my music library; I'll just use Clementine. Oh I'll just use the graphical package manager for now." When I moved to Arch, things were more like "Oh I need to repartion my hard drive, figure out how to install this distro, install zsh immediately after and read through the entire manual while simultaneously learning vim and emacs throwing out sublime, learn shell scripting and tmux, learn LaTeX and throw out libre office, try every DE and then not use any of them, try every display manager and then not use any of them, pick one of the 20+ mpd clients, pick a file manager, pick a mail client, spend hours customizing everything, etc."

Tl;dr Arch is not noob friendly and may cause unproductivity in obsessive people.
Nezumi46

Post by Nezumi46 »

can i install driver manual? my driver never works
Game i usually play
[spoiler]1. Osu!
2. Counter-Strike Global Offensive(Offline Play)
3. Need for Speed Most Wanted(PSVita)(Offline Play)
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3(Offline Play)[/spoiler]
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

Updated to 0.3.7.

This should fix the multiple disconnection messages when the PSVita is connected on standby mode. Also the update downloader should be fixed (for those without WiFi who need to update firmwares). Also XP support is back.

I have dropped Linux 32 bits since is a pain to compile so many debs/rpms. If you need a 32bit deb/rpm there are instructions to compile them from source on the wiki.

This is probably the last release using this codebase, the next one will be a complete rewrite so i can remove the Qt dependency on the android port.

Download links are on the project page: http://codestation.github.io/qcma

Note: Qcma is now built with Docker containers, if you are curious these are the build scripts: https://github.com/codestation/qcma-build
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..

Return to “Programming and Security”