Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

guide how to use vitaFTP command mode

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
dark69

guide how to use vitaFTP command mode

Post by dark69 »

hi guy this is my first tutorial on how transfer files from/to psvita/pc FTP command mode (windows (cmd), linux (terminal))

this tutorial assumes that you already have TN-V on your vita
firs you need to install vitaFTP you can download from here http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/7673
if you dont know how to install hombrews, here is a tutorial http://www.wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=16115

-once you intall vitaFTP, press select and restart VSH
-now connect your ps vita and your pc in the same internet conection
-run vitaFTP on your vita and open "cmd" or "terminal" on your pc
-on you pc (cmd, terminal) write "ftp iIPfromvitaFTP" and click enter
-at this time on your cmd or terminal gonna ask for a user and password, you can let it blank if you want or choise a user and password (dont make diference)
-now you gonna get only this
ftp>

--------------------------------------------------------------------
its time for a little fun writing

-if you wanna know what folders/files you got on the directory you are just write "dir"

-if you want get into a folder just write "cd path/folder/desire"
example cd PSP/GAME/NPUG80155 (talkman dir :) )

-if you want go to root dir just write "cd /"

-if you want make a folder just write "mkdir path/dir/you/want" if want make a ISO folder on root dir just write "mkdir ISO"
example "mkdir /PSP/GAME/SNES" creating SNES folder

-if you want delete a file just write "delete path/to/file.txt"
example "delete /ISO/FFTYPE0.ISO" (thats my iso game :) )

-if you want delete a folder you need delete first all files into the folder and then write "rmdir folder/you/want/delete"
example "rmdir /PSP/GAME/s9xTYLcm_mod/rom"

-if you want transfer a file from you pc to your vita write "send /input/file/on/pc /output/file/on/vita"
example (im on linux) "send /home/dark/backup/fftype0.iso /ISO/fftype0.iso"

-if you want to get a file from the vita to your pc write "recv /input/file/psvita /output/file/pc"
example "recv /PSP/GAME/s9xTYLcm_mod/rom/zelda.sfc /home/dark/snes/roms/zelda.sfc"

-if you want rename a file or folder just write "rename /input/file.sfc /output/file.sfc"
example "rename /PSP/GAME/s9xTYLcm_mod/rom/zelda.sfc /PSP/GAME/s9xTYLcm_mod/rom/zeldaXXX.sfc"

all you write without " "

if you got any question just let me know but im not here all day, so i cant answer quickly
Advertising
"seek no happiness, she will find you"
dark69
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: guide how to use vitaFTP command mode

Post by fate6 »

Or ya know just use filezilla, But no matter how you do it make sure to only transfer one (1) file at a time or it will error out and cause all sorts of trouble.
In filezilla you can limit it to one at a time in it's options.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
dark69

Re: guide how to use vitaFTP command mode

Post by dark69 »

fate6 wrote:Or ya know just use filezilla, But no matter how you do it make sure to only transfer one (1) file at a time or it will error out and cause all sorts of trouble.
In filezilla you can limit it to one at a time in it's options.
yeah i know but its better know what the apps are doing, well thats is how i think for me its better with commands but to other ppl maybe they dont like keep writing if they can drag and drop files/folders,
"seek no happiness, she will find you"
dark69

Return to “Tutorials”