Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

I have a 1.76 firmware PS4, without browser access :(

Everything that is PS4-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Goku Junior

I have a 1.76 firmware PS4, without browser access :(

Post by Goku Junior »

Hi!, sorry for the question, but I was trying to test the browser exploit since I'm in 1.76 (the exploitable firm) but my PS4 has the browser locked by the Playstation network, what can I do to execute the exploit? thank you!
Sorry about my english, and for being a noob :?
Advertising
Goku Junior

Re: I have a 1.76 firmware PS4, without browser access :(

Post by Goku Junior »

Sorry to make double post, but nobody know what can I do? I think if I update to 2.03 I won't have problems,right?
Advertising
madgernader

Post by madgernader »

Hey, I asked the same question here awhile ago after picking up a 1.72 destiny console and was told I could use a proxy to make the systems help page redirect to the web instead of sonys website for the manual.

I tried for a little bit just fumbling around with charles proxy and got it redirecting to google so its possible, I just didn't have the time to figure out the whole process.

I wouldn't update to 2.03 yet in case something gets discovered that needs a pre 2.0 firmware. Once something is released I'm sure someone will write up a guide to getting around the psn account requirement to use the browser or whatever ends up being used for the exploit.
symban

Post by symban »

I wanted to try the webkit exploit POC on my 1.75 PS4 but it won't allow me to access the web browser without first logging in to PSN. Anybody can explain how to overcome this problem and get the web browser working/ or other alternatives to get the webkit working?

Return to “General”