Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] PSPDrone 0.5

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
DS_Marine
Developer

[Release] PSPDrone 0.5

Post by DS_Marine »

I have recevied a query via PM about my done app. Since the person who sent it has incoming PM disabled (duh) I'm replying here.
PSPDrone was never released, because it was mostly a POC and it lacks a lot of functions to be user friendly. Still, its a waste not to release it so here it is.
I need to update the youtube video (at sig.), because this version has a better menu and it is able to do flips in all directions!!(v2 drone only, this feature is not available in iDevice freeflight app, where you can only flip in one direction)
Also you can test the led animation and movement animation (beware, some move animations needs space so only try those while at outdoors)
The app lacks all the GUI needed to change all drone parameters (boring and time-consuming to code), so if you need to reconfigure your drone you have to do it from freeflight or other compatible app.
You can only set the most important parameter, which is movement scale.
At 1.0 it will move at the full speed defined in your drone configuration, and it can be scaled downwards.
AFAIK it won't work on vita (yet, I'm working on that)

And of course, use at your own risk. I can't be held responsible if you crash your drone and break some stuff.
Download Here
Advertising
ImagePSP-Controlled drone
"Hackers don't have superpowers. Just a hackable PSP and a brain (ships by default on most humans models)" -Wololo
Joel16

Re: [Release] PSPDrone 0.5

Post by Joel16 »

Just saw the video, this is pretty cool :)
Advertising
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

Finally a release! I've seen your video a couple times and it's cool.
Sadly, I will not be able to add to my threads as I don't have a drone.
If someone has one and wants to be a volunteer for testing this on their Vita, PM me.

EDIT:
Or does the ePSP have the function to use this?
DS_Marine
Developer

Post by DS_Marine »

@Joel Thanks : D

@Smoke It didn't work on my vita, but the net stuff is horrible (a mix of stuff I found on the net). I have to upgrade it to use net modules and then maybe it will work. I will update here.
I didn't want to release before adding navigational data reading and displaying on psp, but wth...
"Hackers don't have superpowers. Just a hackable PSP and a brain (ships by default on most humans models)" -Wololo
Applelo

Post by Applelo »

WoW, its so crazy to controls AR Drone with a PSP !
Great jobs :p
Davis9278

Post by Davis9278 »

and the source code, do not plan to release ?.
I think, if seeing the source code, it was feasible to carry a port to ONELUA,
It is an interpreter for the psp, and you would have on hand all graphical interface, and also, very quickly to create the application or improve :)
Please refer to me as DevDavisNunez,
I am looking for some way to change my nick on wololo!
kertrej

Post by kertrej »

Yeah, i'm interresting by source code too please !!
I made a robot with raspberry, and for the moment, I control it with a modified version of "psp wireless controller".
I've got some problems with video streaming (I just start programming for psp with this project)

Can you help me by giving me some clue please. Has you already made something similar, maybe you know how to get video stream from raspberry and saw them.
I haven't found easy tuto for this part.

Please, help me... :cry:

BTW, really good work !
DS_Marine
Developer

Post by DS_Marine »

Ok yea..I was supposed to clean up the code a little before sharing, but just can't.
I'll publish it as is, but since it was my first psp app some stuff may not be good as example. Still, it works good enough.
As for video, I was going to decode the VLIB video of v1 drone (which seemed doable) but now v2 with mpeg4/h.264 I don't think that the psp can handle it.
As a general suggestion, I started this program in the language that I know the most and it's so easy to debug (visual basic 6). Once I had it working and solved the big problems, then I ported it to PSP and solved the new problems created there...
So here it is:
https://github.com/DSMarine/PSPDrone05Rel
oh and thanks for the PM..I wasn't checking the forum.
kertrej

Post by kertrej »

THanks to you !
It will be helpfull for me to study your code.

For the video, I have the possibility to doing the encodage by my raspberry.
With your exp, what is the best format for video stream that psp can easily handle ?
DS_Marine
Developer

Post by DS_Marine »

Well, you have a better case since you can change the source stream (which I can't do in the drone).
So for a fast hack, you may just try low framerate MJPEG (just a stream of chained jpeg stills), you should be able to implement quickly and easy (wastes bandwith). Then, if you can encode a stream that the psp's mpeg4 libraries will decode, that might be a good next step.

Return to “Homebrews”