Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Ninjhax and 3ds homebrew

reprep

Ninjhax and 3ds homebrew

Post by reprep »

Did you like Ninjhax? So far i love it. It is elegant, clean, simple and it doesn't depend on a flashcart.

It also introduces a new file format, .3dsx for homebrew. Some good stuff is there on the starter pack.

here are my favourites:

SNES emulator (blargsnes):

http://blargsnes.kuribo64.net

GB/GBC emulator (GameYOB):

https://github.com/Drenn1/GameYob/tree/ ... atform/3ds

GameYOB for DS is much better than GameYOB 3DS for now, but it will get there in time as Drenn is porting functions slowly.

So, any homebrew you want to share, or what are your expectations?
Advertising
gunzjones

Re: Ninjhax and 3ds homebrew

Post by gunzjones »

Haven't got to mess with it too much. It was pretty simple to set up. I am hoping for GBA compatibility at some point maybe. GB/C is still a work in progress. The SNES is great, but with chip emulation for the few games that had it, would be awesome. I'm just watching for someone to use make something new. 3DSCraft is a great start.
Advertising
1k - 6.61 me 2.3 cipl
2k - 6.60 me 2.3. Cipl
Vita 1k - 3.51
nightnero253

Post by nightnero253 »

3DS craft is amazing!
xfullmetal17

Post by xfullmetal17 »

Gameyob does mention something about detecting GBA in the settings, perhaps all that's needed is to drop the GBA bios and a ROM in?

And either I'm being an idiot with game choices or a lot of them seem to just completely hang the 3DS and force me to do a power cycle with blargsnes
Always follow *all* steps of the friendly tutorial. They aren't there just as 'guidelines.'
reprep

Post by reprep »

xfullmetal17 wrote:Gameyob does mention something about detecting GBA in the settings, perhaps all that's needed is to drop the GBA bios and a ROM in?

And either I'm being an idiot with game choices or a lot of them seem to just completely hang the 3DS and force me to do a power cycle with blargsnes
Some gbc games detect if they are working in a GBA and unlocks some additional features like Zelda oracle of ages/seasons. This feature just fakes the games to think they are working in a GBA. It doesn't let the emulator run gba games.

BlargSNES is still a WIP, also there are 2 versions floating around. one with hardware renderer and one with software renderer. You can try both.
internally-Blazed

Post by internally-Blazed »

Though i still wish Smealum released the hack once the New 3DS was released worldwide. I have a funny feeling that when the New 3DS goes global, it will be on the next FW with NinjHax blocked. Was looking forward to the porting emu's on the more powerful New 3DS (and the access of the two extra triggers, jk they wont help much)
Im a dragon in the scene. I've modded everything i can get my hands on :)

Learning C for the vita :)
gunzjones

Post by gunzjones »

It would've meant holding off for almost another 8 months going by projected timelines. Holding onto it didn't make much sense to him.
1k - 6.61 me 2.3 cipl
2k - 6.60 me 2.3. Cipl
Vita 1k - 3.51

Return to “Homebrew”