Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to deactivate ps vita on lower firmware

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
udo4ever

Re: How to deactivate ps vita on lower firmware

Post by udo4ever »

The Z wrote:
udo4ever wrote:Thanks guys! Your advice were interesting. What ended up happening was that I actually deactivated all my devices and found out that the Kexploit still worked since I never connect to PSN with this Vita since it is at a lower firmware. Now, rather then open a new account I will simply hand over the vita I wish to give away to my friend (minus any credit card info) along with all my ps plus games installed and voila. If the friend decides to update he will lose the kexploit and will likely not be able to log into psn unless he formats since I have changed my password for psn via my pc. As is, I now have two ps vita slots opened but will register the newer vita I received shortly.

One thing I did discover and, in retrospect, which should have been obvious, was that as soon as you hook up the ps vita to a ps3 using the open cma trick, and install a game you purchased, it automatically activates that ps vita on your account. I made this mistake since I was trying to install some of my old ps plus games. The end result was that I reactivated the system I wanted to get rid of. To solve this, I called Sony and they manually deactivated my two vitas for me. So for the future, I will download ps plus games from the ps3 onto the vita that I want activated on my account, transfer said game onto my pc, hook up the vita I don't want activated on my account (but still acts as active since I never go on psn with it) on my pc and transfer the game.

Oof this seems quite complicated but it gets the job done ;-)
It is kinda a workaround to get more than just 2 devices. Those extra devices MUST NOT connect to the PSN (via PS3, Wifi, normal CMA), otherwise it will know it is deactivated! You can exploit this to sell a Vita + working kxploit, but only every 6 months and this is kinda a dickish move to do, if you intend to make profit of it, but still works.

Ive used this method to be able to use my 4 PSPs for my PSN content, and still be able to use my Vita as my only officially activated device.
Quick question, why every 6 months? If I don't go on PSN with my vita for a year or more than why would it suddenly stop at six months? Am I understanding correctly?

Also just to clarify, I agree 100% that making a profit out of this would be very very very dishonest. I am not making any profits on this. I am actually giving my vita away for free. Why? because this friend is down on his luck and I figured I already had 3 Vitas why not give him one to cheer him up. Since he has no cash I figured I might also try to give him my kexploit one with PS plus games. I'm not saying this for praise, I just want to make sure that I am also not seen as a dishonest person by any means.
Advertising
blueheaven

Post by blueheaven »

Thanx, saved my day :) had to use the exploit on another Vita but i already reached the 2 devices limit barrier :(
The 6 months is a $ony rule, because you can only deactivate all your systems once every 6 months.
Advertising
dirtabd

Post by dirtabd »

I am having the same problem recently, I have 2 Vitas and 2 PS-TVs and an old PSP Go and I have found out the hard way that Sonys greedy shmuck-bums have device activation limits, which are very strict. I mean most companies allow 5-10 activated devices, WTF? I have 1 Vita and 1 PS-TV activated and on TN-V at 3.18/3.20, so If i deactivate all my devices the activations will remain on my 2 TN-V devices and wont count against my device limit, is this correct? Also does Sony have any back doors into the software on lower firmwares? Like say I accidentally go to PSN and it prompts me to update, does Sonys server then deactivate my device or am I just being paranoid and thinking Sony is way more advanced than they really are. Thank to any nerd who replies to my Q's.

Return to “Programming and Security”