Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Use remote play on any android smartphone and tablet

Post here your guides, tips, How-to, etc...
jeremylars

Use remote play on any android smartphone and tablet

Post by jeremylars »

Through this tutorial you will learn how to enable remote play on any android smartphone and tablet even if it isn't a Sony product.

Read the whole tutorial once before starting to avoid inconvenience or misunderstanding.

You will need :
- A smartphone or tablet on Android 4.0 in CFW (no matter the which one).
- Your smartphone must be ROOT.
- Your smartphone must have a CWM RECOVERY or TWRP.
- A PS4

Now follow these steps :

- Download this pack : https://www.mediafire.com/?aei7t385h5avt16

- Extract the pack archive you just downloaded to your desktop.

- Open the folder of the extracted file.

- Open the folder “files to flash via RECOVERY”.

- Copy the file, PS4 Remote Play Port 4.0 + zip to your smartphone to the root folder:
Android/SDCARD

- Restart your smartphone in RECOVERY mode.

- Via RECOVERY, flash your file: PS4 Remote Play Port 4.0 + .zip

- Now do a Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache. (If you don’t know how to do this, you can find how to do it easily by searching in the internet (Google is your friend)).

- Restart your smartphone.

- Copy the file: playstationapp.apk in your smartphone, and install it. (Remember to check: Unknown Source)

- Launch the application PlaystationApp and click Remote Play button.

- Wait for the connection to your PS4.

- You can now remote play your ps4 games to your smartphone.

Enjoy !!!
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Use remote play on any android smartphone and tablet

Post by fate6 »

- Now do a Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache. (If you don’t know how to do this, you can find how to do it easily by searching in the internet (Google is your friend)).
I might be missing something here but is this not a tutorial? Should this not be covered here? Also who made that file? where does it come from? What does it do exactly?

Pictures would also be nice, Oh and Teh blarg is "A smartphone or tablet on Android 4.0 in CFW"? Android CFW? Wha?
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

fate6 wrote:
I might be missing something here but is this not a tutorial? Should this not be covered here? Also who made that file? where does it come from? What does it do exactly?

Pictures would also be nice, Oh and Teh blarg is "A smartphone or tablet on Android 4.0 in CFW"? Android CFW? Wha?
Haha Android CFW... I guess it's not technically wrong, but I've never heard it put like that..

Someone took the files meant to be exclusive to Sony's Xperia Z3 which has the ability to support remote play similar to the PS Vita and ported it over to any android device on 4.0+ so long as it's rooted. I'll give these files a shot, but if it's a Copy Paste from XDA-Dev's site I had no luck getting those files to work (gave me an error code before but now just force closes).

EDIT: OP You never explained what to do with the dualshockmanager.apk since it fails to install every time I click on it. And once you download remoteplay.apk from the play store you still get the error 88001003. At least this is the case for me.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Yomp not exactly wrong but it just "feels" odd >_<
And yea just covering some questions that really should be answered since OP wants to make $$ from this.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
fouadtjuhmaster

Post by fouadtjuhmaster »

jeremylars wrote:Now do a Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache. (If you don’t know how to do this, you can find how to do it easily by searching in the internet (Google is your friend)).
Gee, thanks! Perhaps I can also Google on how to use remote play on any Android smartp... oh wait..
JMQMOfficials

Post by JMQMOfficials »

Lol there's a tutorial about this that was made a month ago
http://forum.xda-developers.com/crossde ... e-t2868092
SynchroDrive

Post by SynchroDrive »

This tutorial was released before, but it works on the XDA version. I have it running on Cyanogenmod 11 for Nexus 5 (11/5/14 nightly build). Works great.

I don't think that many people realize the importance of this. Now that we have the apks for the Remote Play app, we can decompile the APKs to learn more about the source code of Remote Play. Using that, we can potentially modify the source code to do amazing things.
JMQMOfficials

Post by JMQMOfficials »

I'm running ParanoidAndroid 4.6 beta 5 on S3 but it didn't work.
It worked one time, but I don't think I needed to wipe my cache
SynchroDrive

Post by SynchroDrive »

JMQMOfficials wrote:I'm running ParanoidAndroid 4.6 beta 5 on S3 but it didn't work.
It worked one time, but I don't think I needed to wipe my cache
Have you tried a different ROM? I used the 11/5/14 nightly for CyanogenMod 11 on Nexus 5.
scooter61686

Post by scooter61686 »

Just to avoid any confusion, Google doesn't support L2CAP Bluetooth in anything above ANDROID 4.0, right? So this wont work on 4.1-4.4.4 android, right?
My most important Gadgets
PS3 Slim 4.55 Rogero CFW
PS4 User ID CapMyAssElmo
PS Vita US 3G 3.60 HENkaku

Return to “Tutorials”