Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Help with Open CMA Trick?

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Bert960

Help with Open CMA Trick?

Post by Bert960 »

Yo guys. I need your help with this. I have two Vita's. First one is on 3.18 with TN-V and the Second one that I just got today is on FW 3.35. When I do the OpenCMA trick with the first Vita, it works perfectly. But when I try it on the FW 3.35, it tells me I need to update CMA. Is there anyway I can use OpenCMA on the latest FW, or do I have to resort to Downloading the latest CMA on a different computer?
Advertising
Jd8531

Re: Help with Open CMA Trick?

Post by Jd8531 »

Download QCMA for your 3.35 and use OCMA for the other.

Otherwise try reapplying the OCMA patch again in your folder.
Advertising
xSASxZaros

Post by xSASxZaros »

Jd8531 wrote:Download QCMA for your 3.35 and use OCMA for the other.

Otherwise try reapplying the OCMA patch again in your folder.
I thought installing QCMA installed some different drivers so OCMA does not detect the Vita anymore?

If this is so, I'd recommend either using 1 PC for 1, and another for the other, like I do.

I use the real, up to date CMA on my laptop for the 3.35 Vita, and OpenCMA on my PC for my 3.18.

Regards.
Conjo

Post by Conjo »

xSASxZaros wrote:I thought installing QCMA installed some different drivers so OCMA does not detect the Vita anymore?
It does. I have both installed and I can only use USB with QCMA and Wi-Fi with CMA

QCMA should work with both 3.35 and 3.18 without problems
Playstation Vita (PCH-1010) Firmware 3.60 + HENkaku
Xbox 360 Latest Firmware
Nintendo Wii 4.3U + HBC + USBLoader GX + Nintendont
Bert960

Post by Bert960 »

Never mind. I found a way to make it work on both my Vitas. All I had to do was update my CMA to the latest version. I was afraid of doing this at first because I thought it would delete the OpenCMA files and would prevent access for my TN-V Vita. Turns out it only overwrote the previous version but kept the functionality for OpenCMA. I tested this on both my laptops and they worked. I guess this was obvious from the start. I'm guessing as long as I keep the 3.18 one on Airplane mode, I won't have any problems. Anyway, I'm just glad I can transfer files for both Vitas on one laptop. Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate the help.

Return to “General”