Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Activating your PlayStation/Vita TV *without* updating!

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
be0ut

Re: Activating your PlayStation/Vita TV *without* updating!

Post by be0ut »

Kankertje wrote:^
You can just put in the memory card and have it work, as long as the console is activated with same psn account and the firmware is same or higher than the one saved on mem card

Once you do that, you won't be able to put it in lower firmware console, because it *remembers* the highest fw it was used on

Thanks for clarifying alpmaster.. So kankertje even after getting the ps tv to activate at 3.2 I STILL won't be able to use the same memory card on both the tv and the handheld ?
Advertising
Kankertje

Post by Kankertje »

be0ut wrote:
Kankertje wrote:^
You can just put in the memory card and have it work, as long as the console is activated with same psn account and the firmware is same or higher than the one saved on mem card

Once you do that, you won't be able to put it in lower firmware console, because it *remembers* the highest fw it was used on

Thanks for clarifying alpmaster.. So kankertje even after getting the ps tv to activate at 3.2 I STILL won't be able to use the same memory card on both the tv and the handheld ?
You would need to have same firmware on both, getting vita to 3.20 isn't possible
Advertising
Alpmaster

Post by Alpmaster »

NeonAera wrote:Alright folks, some PSTV news.. yet another long wall of text again lol I hope you all don't mind. Just some of my advice, tips, and info for the PSTV exploiting scene here.

After doing some research, I don't think that you can just simply put your existing psvita's memory stick, with all the exploits, apps, and media into your PSTV in an instant and have it work. I believe it just doesn't work like that.. The PSTV might, very likely tell you to update your vita or format the ms in order to use the memory stick on the pstv.. So why doesn't the psvita ms's files work with pstv? Of course, I believe probably because the PSTV is at firmware 3.20. With the apps and everything in the memory stick used with a psvita that is only compatible with firmware 3.18, it just won't work out, even though they are very similar firmwares or technically the same, so yeah, that is probably why.. Well, poopers.. there you have it guys. It's not going to be that easy, I think.. :mrgreen: BUT tomorrow when my PSTV comes, I'm going to give it a shot anyways! See if putting in a ms that is currently used on my vita presently on firmware 3.18 along with all of my media that's in it, with pstv's firmware 3.20, if it doesn't work, okay looks like all of us, if we want to run TN-V on the PSTV, we have no choice but to either going through another hassle of getting another ms separately for the PSTV itself as well besides getting a PSN game and the PSTV activated, and installing homebrew via PC starting off fresh like how we done before with our vitas, or if you want to exploit your pstv asap NOW, even if it means not being able to play your exploits on your vita temporarily, back up your vita files to pc first for a future ms to restore and use with a vita, so then format the ms to use with pstv, install a game, get it activated, and install exploits. So the conclusion is trying to share ms for both systems are probably not a good idea at all lol It's a shame.. Hope this all helps. It's the least I can do to give back to the hacking scene here ;) .. Anyway I'll get back to you guys soon later on. Meanwhile, if you guys want a hacked PSTV, now is probably the best time to take advantage! Buy one and hope you guys get a a firmware no higher than 3.20 and also have a unhacked PS3 around and learn how vitaupdateblocker works.. Good luck.

**EDIT**
Alpmaster wrote:Hello friend the problem is once you put your memory card from 3.18 to 3.20. You will not be able to put it back in 3.18 without updating. Also just by putting in a memory card does not mean your vita tv account is activated.

Well, there you have it guys, Alpmaster himself gave some little bit of valuable PSTV info.. I've been wanting to ask again about a similar question be0ut asked.. Sounds like it will work! But it won't work when you put it back on your vita that's on firmware 3.18, huh? Bummer. :\ Looks like I personally might have to just get a separate ms and start from scratch or something.. but hey Alpmaster, I have a question for you, I hope you don't mind answering.. what will appear and what will not appear on the PSTV menu after putting in a ms that was used before by a vita? Will all of the media still remain around (PSP games, PS games? Apps) and will not work at all until installing a new PSN game and having the PSTV activated? Maybe I don't need to go through the hassle of formatting, but just making sure I get the PSTV activated so everything will run like on the vita.. Will the PSP game Talkman travel Tokyo work on PSTV? What exploit do you have working with your PSTV if you have one right now activated and

Anyway thanks a lot for some of the much needed info, Alpmaster.
No problem friend so basically the files on the catd will show but you will get a message about you may have to update vita tv to access these games. The best advice load all emulators PSP and PS1 games depending on what you want on vita tv before you transfer the memory card from 3.18 to 3.20.
Game On!
NeonAera

Post by NeonAera »

Hmm okay I see.. oh, so you mean back up the games and everything I want on the card first before putting them in PSTV's memory slot.. but wait, isn't the PSTV able to connect to PC using OpenCMA to transfer files? You mean it can't connect to PC using the PSTV and the only way to transfer is by PSVita's memory settings with the PC to get the files or something?

Thanks for getting back with us on this, Alpmaster.
▬ PSVita 1000 » OFW 3.60 → TaiHEN, Adrenaline [Talkman Travel: Tokyo]
▬ PSTV » OFW 3.20 → TN-V [Patapon 2]
▬ PSP Street E1000
▬ PSPgo » CFW 6.60 → PRO-C
▬ PSPslim 3000 » CFW 6.60 → PRO-C
▬ PSPslim 2000 » CFW 5.50 → Prometheus
▬ PSP 1000 » CFW 3.40 → OE-A
reprep

Post by reprep »

Yes, you can connect PS TV to your pc via QCMA. You should use vitaupdateblocker though.
NeonAera

Post by NeonAera »

I see, well that's good to know. Thanks, reprep.
▬ PSP Street E1000
sogarth

Post by sogarth »

reprep wrote:Yes, you can connect PS TV to your pc via QCMA. You should use vitaupdateblocker though.
OpenCMA works fine as well. Your Vita TV will try to connect to both your PC and Sony's update servers, so the idea is to spoof the latter while letting the former go through. It's the same story as when it's connecting to a PS3.
muzz

Post by muzz »

Pretty sweet, copied Patapon via OpenCMA and the save after registering with the windows binary and TN-V is running on my PSTV. Thanks!! Actually ARK2, will try TN-V next.
Running browse in ARK give C1-2858-3 error.

TN-V booted into recovery, installed 660.pbp and have the xmb. hmmmm.. :)

It works, a PSP with HDMI output.
NeonAera

Post by NeonAera »

8-) Alright guys, a little late here because of mail delay, so I had to do it today instead.

Well, good news for myself! I got TN-V installed on the PlayStation TV today. Big success.. I was able to get my PSTV activated, and I am able to get homebrew, emulators, PSP games, everything running nicely now. Gee, I don't know what I'd do without my unhacked 60g PS3, vitaupdateblocker, and PC haha.. ;) Well, I got the games installed on a separate 4 gb card instead for now that originally came with my PSVita in a bundle, and I plan to restore files over to the ms with more space that I'm currently using on my vita later on. Anyhow, one important thing I would like to touch on is that Talkman Travel: Tokyo WILL NOT WORK on the PlayStation TV. It is currently incompatible. I already tried running it after installing and copied over from my PS3. It was not able to to work! It really discouraged me, but I'm glad to report that the PSP game Patapon 2 US version works with PlayStation TV though. It works for me. So if you guys looking to get TN-V on PSTV, you all are better off with Patapon, Patapon 2 or I believe Gladiator begins works as well.

So far, so good. Everything is looking pretty good and running smooth. PSVita games compatible with the PSTV are working really good; UMvC3, Final Fantasy X HD, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Killzone Mercenary are working great with no lag, or slowdowns, in my experience. PlayStation games XS Moto for PSone loader is able to run and is compatible, meaning PSone loader is going to work. I ran SNES9X emulator and it works great, it's just exactly like on the psvita, but on the big screen. 2 player mode works on SNES emulator works as long as you have another PSVita with he very same emulator version, and games. You have to turn on netplay on both systems, press start to turn on netplay and run the games on both PSTV and PSVita consoles and have them connect and confirm with each other. The screens of both system will in-synced. So far, all of the games worked with two players flawlessly. So the person on the vita playing the game with another friend can just look up on the screen playing instead of looking at the vita unless he/she wants to play in another, different room, so yeah. Neogeo and Capcom 2 player adhoc, unfortunately seems like it won't work, because WLAN is not turned on and it's only an option on PSPs, unfortunately.

Anyway, PRETTY. AWESOME. :mrgreen:

So sogarth, lastly, my hats off to you, my friend; couldn't have gotten this far without your guidelines! And some of you guys were really helpful too chiming in. This tutorial paid off big time and I'm really glad things worked out in the end. Thanks a lot man and good luck to the rest of you guys trying to get exploits on the PSTV. An invisible +1 thumbs up rating for this thread.
▬ PSP Street E1000
Memento

Post by Memento »

Don't forget guys and gals, the PS VT has built in 1GB so its easy to get Patapon 1/2 and exploit data to internal memory and then once you get a bigger or new memory card once you stick it in it will ask if you want to transfer the internal memory to external. I'm using Patapon 1 exploit, I tried a few plugins and found that one of them would lock up TNV from running anything, even recovery. It may have been the Custom Themes but I think I had 4 more active too so I'm not sure which was the culprit.

Its all good and well to have the PS VT run TNV. I have the Japanese Vita TV running it and just like the Japanese version the problem is the resolution. On a big screen TV the graphics are pretty horrible. Seems the better solution is just to plug my Nvidia Shield Tablet to HDMI and run PPSSPP with non-buffered rendering and Upscale. Also with the super easy towelroot, you can get a PS3 controller recognizing like its the Nvidia Shield Controller.

Anywho I still love doing exploits like this and the PS TV is so portable it my come in handy. Really wish Shinobido 2 was playable on the PS TV, hope someday it is really love stealth action (miss Tenchu).

Cheers all!.

EDIT: Looks like CWCheat and TempAR are the problems with TNV locking up when loading anything :( .

Return to “Tutorials”