Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

N64 emulator with native HBL

Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Re: N64 emulator with native HBL

Post by Acid_Snake »

yifanlu wrote:While davee's complier is great, it's still limited. First there's no asm to rop, you need to code in a custom language he came up with. There's even a lack of support for loops. It's still impressive though, but for analysis only. With little interest already on the vita, I doubt anyone is willing to learn a new tool/language that is very limited and write code that will be useless when a native exploit comes out. (I mean lots of emulator is based on porting code over. With this you have no choice but to write everything from scratch. No standard libraries at all)
Ah true, but this is a case of "let's use what we for have now instead of mouring what we don't have" as he himself put it.
A lot more can and needs to be done, but while we keep digging we might as well release something to allow certain degree of coding capabilities.
Advertising
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

I think rop is great but I just want expectations to be clear. OP was wondering if ROP can be used to make an N64 emulator and the answer is flatly no.
Advertising
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

yifanlu wrote:I think rop is great but I just want expectations to be clear. OP was wondering if ROP can be used to make an N64 emulator and the answer is flatly no.
yeah the limitations and goals of the webkit exploit is something I need to clear out in the blog. I feel most people expect it to be able to fully use the Vita's hardware when this is sadly not the case.
Samus

Post by Samus »

Fleshing out some of the limitations of the webkit exploit in a blog post would be greatly appreciated, so that people have realistic expectations about what to expect.
anhell28

Post by anhell28 »

doesn't the PS4 webkit have JIT enabled?

can someone confirm that both psvita upto fw 3.20 and PS4 on fw 1.76 use similar webkits?

im no dev or coder, i just love getting info on the subject

Return to “Homebrews”