Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Vita POPS, PSP POPS differences?

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
deathblade200

Re: Vita POPS, PSP POPS differences?

Post by deathblade200 »

qwikrazor87 wrote:^ as tinostar91 said.
PSP and PS1 games are run on the exact same emulator on the Vita, when a PSP game is launched you don't have access to the media engine, and when PS1 games are launched you don't have access to wlan or normal audio functions, and the video ram under PS1 is in the main ram instead of the usual address at 0x04000000.
I truly don't believe media engine is the only difference they have as I've tested games on both my psp and vita for a comparison of compatibility and speed (for the record the psp is on 6.60 without any sort of plugins to influence its results) ps1 games on vita while using the ps1loader are MUCH faster if you don't believe me play a game that is known for lagging during certain animations such as chrono chross it runs smooth as heck for me (and this is also true for psp games on tn-v while I'm at it) and games that freeze or don't even start on psp WITHOUT using pops work on my vita without problems I've tested a few games that people say aren't working on here and they have worked for me but everytime I seem to say anything anymore I'm ignored as if I have NO idea what I am talking about when I have tested it myself between the two systems
Advertising
MysticalLiete

Post by MysticalLiete »

I would assume that PEOPS (the PS1 audio plugin used in TN-V due to the lack of a media engine) is what causes the lag and framerate issues. I imagine it affects some games more than others.

For example, WipEout 2097 runs at about 2/3 framerate in TN-V compared with the PS1 Loader. And both without CDDA support until Popsloader is released.
Advertising
a.k.a sj33
reprep

Post by reprep »

MysticalLiete wrote:I would assume that PEOPS (the PS1 audio plugin used in TN-V due to the lack of a media engine) is what causes the lag and framerate issues. I imagine it affects some games more than others.

For example, WipEout 2097 runs at about 2/3 framerate in TN-V compared with the PS1 Loader. And both without CDDA support until Popsloader is released.
yup, i agree with you. so a true test should be comparing a psp with 6.60 firmware and vita with PS1 loader not TN-V10 with PS1 loader.

here is my test. i have a psp go with 6.60 Pro-C2 with the PS1 games fix. i converted fighting force NTSC-U with cloneCD format via PSX2PSP 1.4.2. i used 0 compression. The image black screens in my psp go if i don't use popsloader and it works when i use 3.52 via popsloader with CDDA audio. The very same image boots fine both with TN-V10 and PS1 Loader in Vita. Though CDDA audio is absent as expected. i don't have another PSP except PSP go, so i couldn't test it more, but it still shows VITA POPS compatibility is not equal to 6.60 PSP GO POPS compatibility.
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

Yeah, running PSP/PS1 games on the Vita is faster than on the PSP.
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob »

No popsloader is not possible. qwikrazor87, do not tell ****, your knowledge is limited by kernel/user exploits only. Popsloader for TN-V11 was done weeks ago, but this won't ever be released. Oh and no, PSP POPS and VITA POPS is quite different. What qwikrazor87 or Coldbird once told is ***, it's not 100% adaption of PSP POPS. It's like 50% only. SPU/GPU things are all done on Vita land, that's why it's faster. Sony only uses the POPS module of the PSP Emu for core things.
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

Keep talking out of your ***, when have I ever mentioned that it's a 100% adaption of PSP POPS, enlighten me by providing a link to a post where I mentioned that.
And who gives a *** whether or not you're gonna release popsloader? I haven't touched the PS1 exploits in months.

Edit:
Oh, and you forgot to mention my knowledge is limited to PS1 exploits too, without it, running code on the Vita PS1 side would only be a fantasy for you.
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
deathblade200

Post by deathblade200 »

Total-Noob wrote:No popsloader is not possible. qwikrazor87, do not tell ****, your knowledge is limited by kernel/user exploits only. Popsloader for TN-V11 was done weeks ago, but this won't ever be released. Oh and no, PSP POPS and VITA POPS is quite different. What qwikrazor87 or Coldbird once told is ***, it's not 100% adaption of PSP POPS. It's like 50% only. SPU/GPU things are all done on Vita land, that's why it's faster. Sony only uses the POPS module of the PSP Emu for core things.
im sure people will **** on me for this but dude seriously this is the second time I've seen this It will never be released **** from you (the other time being about TN-X) which just screams attention seeking...don't get me wrong I appreciate the work on TN-V but seriously it sounds like you have let it go to your head you are starting to sound as bad as Phil Fish
Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob »

deathblade200 wrote:
Total-Noob wrote:No popsloader is not possible. qwikrazor87, do not tell ****, your knowledge is limited by kernel/user exploits only. Popsloader for TN-V11 was done weeks ago, but this won't ever be released. Oh and no, PSP POPS and VITA POPS is quite different. What qwikrazor87 or Coldbird once told is ***, it's not 100% adaption of PSP POPS. It's like 50% only. SPU/GPU things are all done on Vita land, that's why it's faster. Sony only uses the POPS module of the PSP Emu for core things.
im sure people will **** on me for this but dude seriously this is the second time I've seen this It will never be released **** from you (the other time being about TN-X) which just screams attention seeking...don't get me wrong I appreciate the work on TN-V but seriously it sounds like you have let it go to your head you are starting to sound as bad as Phil Fish
There are other reasons than attention seeking why I am doing this.
rabehkamal

Post by rabehkamal »

I believe the hack needed to be shared now is a "Calm down, devs of the scene...". I don't know what happened other than Acid_Snake leaks... but one thing is for sure. we won't see devs trusting each others anymore... It is better to calm down and keep stuffs private than harming each other... well, everyone has his own reasons to be mad... but please, take a rest of 1 month at least.

Normal users are always asking for "releases" while they don't give a **** of respect to devs... i code webpages, and it takes me heck amount of time and headache. so what about Vhbls, TN V, and any respective work done...

I think some known trusted devs/popular writers should try to fix what Acid did, like Wololo, hackinformer, Heliuis, The Z, Mathiew, Yifan... they are trusted and everyone can listen to them.

Let's forget about what happen. i personally prefere a scene with no releases. than these flamewars...
Alpmaster

Post by Alpmaster »

Total-Noob wrote:It's TN-X with TN Menu, homebrews support, screenshot feature, buttons remap for every game, no games limit. But will never be released.
What does game limit mean so a fix for the limit of 16 games on the PS1 Loader that i have heard about?
Game On!

Return to “TN CEF”