Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Monday morning 9am has Sony had an emergency meeting yet?

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
ss4gogeta069

Re: Monday morning 9am has Sony had an emergency meeting yet

Post by ss4gogeta069 »

It would make sense if they just made all games region free and translated into all languages. I would love to play some JP games but I DON'T READ OR SPEAK JAPANESE!!!!!
Advertising
GAME GENIE ROCKS! CHECK IT OUT!
Game Genie Website
hinata

Post by hinata »

SILENT_Pavel wrote:
hinata wrote:Also remove the stupid PSN region thing and just make a single PSN store where every game is available to everyone and I won't need eCFW, seriously why can't I play JP PSP games when I'm using my US PSN account
Well actually first time in history i was able to officially buy Japanese PS1 game on Japanese language from psvita ofw without an exploit any kind some times earlier from EUROPE PSN, and this is awesome. So it was already some kind of "region free" actually before.
I might be wrong but wasn't that limited to certain titles?

Also as much as I love the PS1 I don't just want PS1 games but also PSP and Vita and so far it seems to only provide a tiny bit, to be honest that to me isn't good enough since there are great PSP and Vita titles as well.
ss4gogeta069 wrote:It would make sense if they just made all games region free and translated into all languages. I would love to play some JP games but I DON'T READ OR SPEAK JAPANESE!!!!!
My problem is less with understanding but with availability since it seems Sony and Nintendo are really keen to segregate the market.
Advertising
PS Vita 1002 - OFW 3.51 Rejuvenate
PS Vita 2002 - OFW 3.60 HENkaku
Vita TV - OFW 3.60 HENkaku
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

ss4gogeta069 wrote:It would make sense if they just made all games region free and translated into all languages. I would love to play some JP games but I DON'T READ OR SPEAK JAPANESE!!!!!
Ah, that sweet sense of entitlement. "I would love to play these games, why don't you make them in MY language". Or you know, go learn Japanese or don't play these games. Other options that don't involve thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours on their part but minimal effort on yours.
ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 »

Yifanlu, minimal effort? From what I hear Japanese is rather difficult to learn, especially coming from English. Secondly, I have no entitlement feelings. I was just expressing an opinion. I would like to play some of the Japanese games but can't. Has nothing to do with me thinking that I deserve to have them translated. It would just be nice. It's not like ENGLISH is some obscure, middle of the Congo language that only 3 people speak.
Game Genie Website
chihuahua

Post by chihuahua »

id love to of been a fly on the wall in that meeting :lol: :twisted:
2 x Vita TV PVE-1000 - 3.18/3.18
4 x Vita 1000 - 1.80/3.18/3.18/3.18 kiosk
1 x Vita 2000 - 3.18
PS3 Slim 320gb OFW
PS3 Phat 40gb CFW 4.55 Rogero
PS4 White 500gb
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

yifanlu wrote:
Ah, that sweet sense of entitlement. "I would love to play these games, why don't you make them in MY language". Or you know, go learn Japanese or don't play these games. Other options that don't involve thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours on their part but minimal effort on yours.
No offense, but I bet his first language is english and he might be a little entitled to not learn a foreign language since "they can just learn mine".

Am I right?

Lernt mal besser Deutsch, ist sowieso viel besser als Englisch ;)
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
SILENT_Pavel

Post by SILENT_Pavel »

The Z wrote:Lernt mal besser Deutsch, ist sowieso viel besser als Englisch ;)
Русский язык - самый наибогатейший и красивейший во всём мире! Даёшь перевод Final Fantasy Type-0 на русский язык! :D

[spoiler]Russian language - the most richest and beautiful in the whole world! Lets translate Final Fantasy Type-0 into the russian language![/spoiler]
vita
PCH-1008 WiFi, 3.18 OFW, 16Gb, EU PSN --> Go! Sudoku + Sports Superbikes 2 exploits.
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

SILENT_Pavel wrote:
The Z wrote:Lernt mal besser Deutsch, ist sowieso viel besser als Englisch ;)
Русский язык - самый наибогатейший и красивейший во всём мире! Даёшь перевод Final Fantasy Type-0 на русский язык! :D

[spoiler]Russian language - the most richest and beautiful in the whole world! Lets translate Final Fantasy Type-0 into the russian language![/spoiler]
I only understood cyka and vodka, but okay :)
ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 »

You are correct Z. I do speak English, as do a huge number of people in this world including you. So why not put all games in English? wouldn't that make sense? Does that make me have a sense of entitlement? If so then I guess I do.
Game Genie Website
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

ss4gogeta069 wrote:You are correct Z. I do speak English, as do a huge number of people in this world including you. So why not put all games in English? wouldn't that make sense? Does that make me have a sense of entitlement? If so then I guess I do.
People like to do their own work in their own language.

If you want to understand it or have it in english, learn their language (and translate it).

Before WWI/WWII, a lot of people in the world spoke german. Do I now feel entitled that everything should be in german? No.

Return to “General”