Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

3.30 firmware for PS Vita

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
ErnieBall

Re: 3.30 firmware for PS Vita

Post by ErnieBall »

Are you realy that exited about this?
Kankertje wrote:Wow best feature ever, after months of system stability improving they allow us to change icons of stock applications, **** yeah.
At least someone is with me (assuming you're being sarcastic)
Advertising
PSP 1004 6.60 ME
PSV 1000 3.60 HENKAKU
PS3 CECH-2004A FERROX 4.80 Cobra 7.3
reprep

Post by reprep »

is this the only thing we get? yes, better than stability improvement, but i want some real stuff, like promised DLNA support (http://www.ps3blog.net/wp-content/uploa ... TM1PM1.jpg), more media support (FLAC, MKV, AVI etc.), the FM radio which the Wifi chip is capable.
Advertising
Dero

Post by Dero »

hinata wrote:So Sony finally added a feature people have been requesting from the start and in the end it is just too limited with little to no good use since want to be able to make our own custom themes not have pre-made ones "provided" for us, still at least that is one thing off a long list of requests.

Now if only Sony will;
- Fix the web browser to be better and have a built in ad blocker
- Use a better and more intuitive keyboard such as Minuum
- Allow disabling of system sounds and animations
- Remake the UI to use less "bubbles" and adapt it to look more like the PS4
- More than 10 items in a folder
- Allow removal of rubbish like "welcome park"
- Able to change the text so it is bigger or smaller depending on preference.
- More audio format support eg. FLAC, OGG, M4A etc
- More video format support eg. MOV, MKV etc
- Change the homescreen so you don't have to swipe through all open pages until you get to the page you want
- Battery percentage instead of just an icon so you can accurately measure your battery.
- Multiple PSN account support
- Different startscreens instead of the current one

We won't see those changes until 5.30 or something, if we are lucky.
PS Vita 3.18TN-V 10
PS Vita 3.18 OFW
PS3 Rogero CFW 4.21

Gaming, Play it like you wanna ;)
JCK07115

Post by JCK07115 »

nazar_ops wrote:It's a really awesome feature, they should've added this from the start. What I don't like about this thought is that you can not make your own themes. But either way I'm happy that we be will finally get themes for PS Vita. I'm sick of the bubbles not being customizable.
Eventually, we will be able to make custom themes; this is a gaming device, right? We will work on it until we are able to make our own CTF themes, just like back in the days :lol: 8-)

=====

@Dero, how can I use a gif as my avatar? I uploaded my desired gif to my gravatar account but it doesn't seem to using it as my avatar over the Internet. Thanks in advance. I read somewhere that only the first frame of the gif is used after cropping hence, the reason the gif would not appear as a gif (if it ever appeared as my avatar, which it isn't).
Last edited by SMOKE on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts
PSP3001 - 6.60 PRO-CFW
PSVita PCH1001 OFW 3.15
iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4 - evad3rs' evasi0n7
iPad mini, iOS 7.1.2 - Pangu jailbreak
MacBook Pro, Early 2013

...God bless you and Jesus Christ loves you...
Dero

Post by Dero »

JCK07115 wrote:@Dero, how can I use a gif as my avatar? I uploaded my desired gif to my gravatar account but it doesn't seem to using it as my avatar over the Internet. Thanks in advance. I read somewhere that only the first frame of the gif is used after cropping hence, the reason the gif would not appear as a gif (if it ever appeared as my avatar, which it isn't).
The way I did it was

1. Save the gif to my computer

2.Resize the gif to 100 x 100 pixels (with paint program)

3. Save it

4. Uploaded the gif to my Google+ Profile

5. Right Click on the Gif and go to "Copy image address" and paste the address on wololo where you post your Avatar

I am pretty sure that there is an easier way to do it, but thats how i did mine.

Hope I helped :)
PS Vita 3.18TN-V 10
PS Vita 3.18 OFW
PS3 Rogero CFW 4.21

Gaming, Play it like you wanna ;)
Cyber

Post by Cyber »

It's not much, but at least it's better than usual.
Hopefully the themes will be freely downloadable in all regions, regardless of whether you own the associated game or not.
What's more important is the release date, which is currently set to "October":
https://twitter.com/PlayStation_jp/stat ... 7027950592
...or, rather, its impact on the upcoming VHBL release date, which is currently unknown.
reprep

Post by reprep »

Cyber wrote:It's not much, but at least it's better than usual.
Hopefully the themes will be freely downloadable in all regions, regardless of whether you own the associated game or not.
What's more important is the release date, which is currently set to "October".
Or, rather, its impact on the upcoming VHBL release date, which is currently unknown.
assuming even the psn avatars of the game you bought aren't free, i doubt themes will be free for the non-owners of the game. i would even be happy if it is free for the owners.
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

nightly_dragon wrote: As it says over at IGN, no word has been released yet on a release anywhere else in the world other then Japan.
But it should be coming over to the rest of the world... right?
The firmware files for the Playstation 3, 4, Portable and Vita are NOT regionally seperated, they can be installed from any regional source and they will have the same features, regardless if you download the firmware update from the european Sony servers or the japanese ones.

There is just ONE INTERNATIONAL firmware release, if there is a new firmware available.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
JCK07115

Post by JCK07115 »

Dero wrote:
JCK07115 wrote:@Dero, how can I use a gif as my avatar? I uploaded my desired gif to my gravatar account but it doesn't seem to using it as my avatar over the Internet. Thanks in advance. I read somewhere that only the first frame of the gif is used after cropping hence, the reason the gif would not appear as a gif (if it ever appeared as my avatar, which it isn't).
The way I did it was

1. Save the gif to my computer

2.Resize the gif to 100 x 100 pixels (with paint program)

3. Save it

4. Uploaded the gif to my Google+ Profile

5. Right Click on the Gif and go to "Copy image address" and paste the address on wololo where you post your Avatar

I am pretty sure that there is an easier way to do it, but thats how i did mine.

Hope I helped :)
Thanks, I appreciate it. Whether or not this method works, it helps :D

JCK07115 o/ \=/ \o Dero - cookies
PSP3001 - 6.60 PRO-CFW
PSVita PCH1001 OFW 3.15
iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4 - evad3rs' evasi0n7
iPad mini, iOS 7.1.2 - Pangu jailbreak
MacBook Pro, Early 2013

...God bless you and Jesus Christ loves you...

Return to “General”