Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP-GO Cradles

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
suloku

Re: PSP-GO Cradles

Post by suloku »

:twisted: You'd need something like this if you want to connect it to scart: Image
(The switch is a output/input toogle)
Advertising
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

suloku wrote::twisted: You'd need something like this if you want to connect it to scart: Image
(The switch is a output/input toogle)

Yeap a monster with 6 arms and a scart as its head which is another expenditure. My room is like cable cemetary I dont want to add another to it. Also many new TV's dont have Scart connection instead there is a converted version of it I wonder if UHDs have it :!: I checked it on wiki its designed 44 years ago :shock:
Advertising
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
suloku

Post by suloku »

Oh, the composite output should work with the adaptor at the rightmost in the first photo you posted (with the switch at input). You have to use the three cables on the right of the second photo you posted (right audio, left audio and composite video), which are connected to the connector next to the mini usb in the cradle.

You'll have to set the switch in the craddle to composite (I think it has 3 positions, component-composite-off).
Last but not least, you may have to configure pspgo's tv output to interlaced (but I don't think your tv doesn't support progressive.
Thrawn

Post by Thrawn »

So now I know more:

The psp go (n1000) & 3000 can display games & video via the composite / fbas but image quality will be sh*t.
http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... _3000.html

The only exception to this rule are the psp 1000, e1000(?) & 2000.
The psp 1000 can't export to external display at all as well as the e1000(?).

The psp 2000 does display on tv BUT with composite / fbas only videos will work, with component / YPbPr / RGB games as well as video will work. (As I experience myself. :/)
http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... outvo.html

So with the scart adapter shown in the first picture on the most right like suloku already posted it should work.
http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... tchvo.html

Now I still think you already have the needed materials to hook via component, the cradle, the adapter cable for the cradle (shown in the second pic the one with 3,5 mm klinke and the red green blue cinch connectors)
Now hook up the red blue green onto the back of your loewe tv where it says component / av in (seen in the third pic of yours) be careful as to not connect the red cinch to the audio (right I believe it was).

Now attach the other 3,5 mm klinke cable to the cradle to where it says video/L/R (the one with the yellow red and white cinch connector). Now only route the white and the red cinch to the back of your loewe tv where the component is already attached, there should be two more sockets free (Audio left and right). The yellow video out leave disconnected, you will not need it anyway. Just watch that it does not short cut anything, best is to isolate it with a strap of duck tape.

Now start up your loewe, set the input to AV in (RGB), start up the psp go and maneuver to - Settings / Connected Display Settings / External Video Output - there you should set it component.
Now you should be done.
The internet is a bottomless barrel of sh*t, we try to fill it, everyday. But we fail, because its bottomless.
suloku

Post by suloku »

I'm pretty sure I used the composite output with my 2000, but that might have been irShell magic. I'll test since I have both cables for that model.

By the way, if you keep the screen button on the psp held, first the screen will shut off, but if you keep it pressed then you will switch the video output. Pretty useful when you are in game mode.
psp_revival

Post by psp_revival »

Dragged this usb cradle mod up in a trawl.

What does it do just allow the PSP GO to remain in the dock when transferring files?

http://blog.kourin.org/blog/?p=236
PsP Go 6.61 - 2.3 LME
Vita TV 3.01 TN
PlayStation TV 3.60 HENkaku
PlayStation TV 3.63 ps+ Japan - USA
RPi2 Lakka
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

Thrawn wrote:So now I know more:

The psp go (n1000) & 3000 can display games & video via the composite / fbas but image quality will be sh*t.
http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... _3000.html

The only exception to this rule are the psp 1000, e1000(?) & 2000.
The psp 1000 can't export to external display at all as well as the e1000(?).

The psp 2000 does display on tv BUT with composite / fbas only videos will work, with component / YPbPr / RGB games as well as video will work. (As I experience myself. :/)
http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... outvo.html

So with the scart adapter shown in the first picture on the most right like suloku already posted it should work.
http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... tchvo.html

Now I still think you already have the needed materials to hook via component, the cradle, the adapter cable for the cradle (shown in the second pic the one with 3,5 mm klinke and the red green blue cinch connectors)
Now hook up the red blue green onto the back of your loewe tv where it says component / av in (seen in the third pic of yours) be careful as to not connect the red cinch to the audio (right I believe it was).

Now attach the other 3,5 mm klinke cable to the cradle to where it says video/L/R (the one with the yellow red and white cinch connector). Now only route the white and the red cinch to the back of your loewe tv where the component is already attached, there should be two more sockets free (Audio left and right). The yellow video out leave disconnected, you will not need it anyway. Just watch that it does not short cut anything, best is to isolate it with a strap of duck tape.

Now start up your loewe, set the input to AV in (RGB), start up the psp go and maneuver to - Settings / Connected Display Settings / External Video Output - there you should set it component.
Now you should be done.
Thrawn I can connect PSP-go to Loewe I got the cables of the dock, in the first post I wanted to know keeping those cables on Loewe can I connect with those scart adapters to Samsung LCD but as the topic advanced all these connection types and different terms confused me if I had the best quality I can with the the original cables. There are terms like composite, component, progressive, interlace, scart and it keeps going.

I shoot a video of my screen there was always this flickering but now I wonder is it about the way I connect those cables or its normal for a resolution/technology of that type ?
These colourful cables are connected behind the Loewe and I set the button on cradle to component and setting under PSP TV out tab to Progressive

Is there a better option ? Can I get better picture if I set interlace and use scart port ? If I use the interloace setting screen is turning red but picture is enlarging.
suloku

Post by suloku »

SCART is a standard that supports component, super-video and composite video, it all depends on the connector you plug to the TV. The adaptares you showed us are for s-video and composite.

[spoiler]Scart:
S-video:
Composite:
Image[/spoiler]

Component: 3 video signals (Y / Pb/ Pr) + 2 audio channels
S-video: 2 video signals (color+intensity) --> there's no cable for the PSPGo. The other psp models get the audio from the jack output.
Composite: 1 video signal + 2 audio channels

More video signals = more quality, so I'd say you have the best setup you can get. Maybe there's some component to HDMI box that makes a good job converting the video signal, but those are usually expensive and I don't have any knowledge about those boxes.

There's an option in the psp xmb screen settings to reduce flickering, but it is only for interlaced mode. Progressive mode should be better afaik, but you can try to enable interlace mode and flicker reduction.
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

suloku wrote:SCART is a standard that supports component, super-video and composite video, it all depends on the connector you plug to the TV. The adaptares you showed us are for s-video and composite.

[spoiler]Scart:
S-video:
Composite:
Image[/spoiler]

Component: 3 video signals (Y / Pb/ Pr) + 2 audio channels
S-video: 2 video signals (color+intensity) --> there's no cable for the PSPGo. The other psp models get the audio from the jack output.
Composite: 1 video signal + 2 audio channels

More video signals = more quality, so I'd say you have the best setup you can get. Maybe there's some component to HDMI box that makes a good job converting the video signal, but those are usually expensive and I don't have any knowledge about those boxes.

There's an option in the psp xmb screen settings to reduce flickering, but it is only for interlaced mode. Progressive mode should be better afaik, but you can try to enable interlace mode and flicker reduction.
I did flicker is on but it doesnt have any effect probably because Im on progressive. Actually picture quality is fine if when playing there is nothing bothering, I only see that flicker on XMB menu, wallpaper and pictures. Its just 60 HZ after all but surprisingly performing well even with very speedy games such as MACH.
Thrawn

Post by Thrawn »

You already got the best setup.

There will always be some very very minor fuzzing on the edges or flickering in the picture.
Because the psp puts out an analog signal and your tv is trying its best to convert that video signal back into a digital for its display.

THE VERY ONLY WAY to get an even better picture is either spend money on an high end converter box (those analog to digital converter inside tv's are usually crappy junk due to the company saving money there) or you use your psp go on an old CRT tv. Those old CRT TV's can PERFECTLY work with component signals, you will not see any fuzzing nor flickering because this only comes from the way the signals are interpreted by an HDTV like your loewe.

I used one of those for my PS2's, WII's, Gamecube's, PSP Go's and XBOX's. As well as PS3's, my xbox 360 is the only exception.
http://www.amazon.com/SuperColor-Conver ... a+color+hd
And nowadays I use one of those:
http://www.amazon.de/Hama-00042504-Vide ... +converter
in conjunction with three few of those:
http://www.amazon.com/Hama-00042590-YUV ... v+selector
The internet is a bottomless barrel of sh*t, we try to fill it, everyday. But we fail, because its bottomless.

Return to “General”