Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP batteries

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
ali_ihsan21

PSP batteries

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

For a long time batterry of my PSP go wasnt charging fully it was charging up to %90 and when I take it from charger rapidly droping to 60 then 30 in less than an hour. A few days ago device stopped charging, red light wasnt turning on.First I thought it was about the charger, I tried to charge it with its original charger ( dock is usually taking energy from satellite receiver ) it didnt work too. Device was working on external power but since there was no sign of charge that let me to think there was another problem, actually I still dont understand why it didnt charge cause I have some mobile phones, laptops, shaving machine which have dead or near dead batteries they still appear as if they charge although there is no juice left.

So I decided to make a factory reset and that mistake made my day :? draining all battery juice and losing bluetooth pairs after reset when I connected the device to USB it was staying on just 15 seconds and you need more than 15 seconds to pair it with sixaxis :lol:

I dont need USB to transfer files cause I use wifi, most of the time I leave it on dock and send files from my room but not having sixaxis paired **** up everything. After a little search on youtube I found that video which revives your battery maybe a few more months. Keep in mind that battery wasnt charging and before that incident it never displayed %100 for more than a year maybe. After that I began to see %100 and had more than an hour battery life.
While taking out PSP-go's battery be careful at this step put whatever you use to take the connecter up between white and black plastic if you put it under black you'll break it from motherboard ! ;)

Today I bought a battery taken out from a bricked PSP-go and at the moment placed it inside for charging paid it 8 $, price is going up to 30 $ people are crazy they even claim that their battery is unused when it still has broken guarantee tape on it :roll:

And by the way never trust these, I bought this type of batteries a few times for PSP-1000 they dont have any juice, they're just plastic box in a battery package :cry:

edit : Is that value shows how much juice can be charged on that battery ?

Advertising
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
suloku

Re: PSP batteries

Post by suloku »

About the bootleg battery: it claims to be 1860 mah, but it is actually 800 mAh.

About the values you ask for in the last pic: pspgo's battery doesn't have the chip that tells the psp the exact percentage, time left and temperature or any other data, so those functions in the pspggo report weird numbers.
Batterypatch plugin patches the function that returns the percentage with a custom function that extrapolates the percentage from the battery voltage, since this data can be retrieved on the pspgo.

I'll take my chance to ask the following: I know the pspgo can't work if the back cover isn't in place, but can the pspgo work without a battery like the other models?

If it can't, would bridging the anode and catode make it work? I know that from the 5V of power input, 3,7v are used to run the psp when connected to the carger and the remaining 1,3v to recharge the battery.
Advertising
tinostar91

Post by tinostar91 »

suloku wrote:I know that from the 5V of power input, 3,7v are used to run the psp when connected to the carger and the remaining 1,3v to recharge the battery.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
To charge a battery, you need higher voltage on the input of the battery than what the battery outputs. If you will try to charge 3,7 V battery with 1,3 V, you'd be draining it, not charging.
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

suloku wrote:About the bootleg battery: it claims to be 1860 mah, but it is actually 800 mAh.

About the values you ask for in the last pic: pspgo's battery doesn't have the chip that tells the psp the exact percentage, time left and temperature or any other data, so those functions in the pspggo report weird numbers.
Batterypatch plugin patches the function that returns the percentage with a custom function that extrapolates the percentage from the battery voltage, since this data can be retrieved on the pspgo.

I'll take my chance to ask the following: I know the pspgo can't work if the back cover isn't in place, but can the pspgo work without a battery like the other models?

If it can't, would bridging the anode and catode make it work? I know that from the 5V of power input, 3,7v are used to run the psp when connected to the carger and the remaining 1,3v to recharge the battery.
Yes its working without the battery if its on external power, I even took the risk of scr..ing motherboard and changed the battery when its on charger in order to keep bluetooth pairs. :D In the last days it was working without backcover on dock since I was planning to buy a new battery, I didnt bother to close it :mrgreen:
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
suloku

Post by suloku »

tinostar91 you are right, it is the other way around. It was probably well written where I read it, but my nearly inexistent knowledge of how batteries work made me think it was the other wayaround. But then I don't understand how can the PSP run and charge the battery if lets say 4v go to the battery and only 1v is for running the PSP if the battery provides 3,7v when running under battery power.

ali_ihsan21, it is nice to know the PSPGo works without a battery, I didn't expect it to work without the back cover though, seems all I thought to know about the battery was wrong :roll:
I've been thinking that it would be nice to make little mod to add a switch that connects and disconnects the battery from the PSPGo, so i won't suffer by being connected to the charger for many hours (I know it is supposed to stop chargin the battery when it is at 100%, but still after some time it would discharge a little and be charged again right). That is unless it's totally harmless to keep the PSPGo connected to the charger and the battery plugged in.

Return to “General”