Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP-GO Cradles

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
ali_ihsan21

PSP-GO Cradles

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

There are two different types of cradles for PSP-go one is original Sony product another is third party. Back in 2009 I bought original TV connection cable for 30 $

Price of original cradle was very expensive I thought that it doesnt worth it because I thought it only served to charge the device while its connected to TV. After a few years I saw a third party cradle which include TV connection cable and charging cable ( original cradle is coming with non of these ) and price was just 10 $ ! I thought even those cables worth that price and bought it.

third party

original

When I connect the third party cradle to LCD TV I didnt see any difference quality wise when compared to original cable. I wonder if Im missing something here, is that original cradle upscaling PSP's resolution ? As far as I remember it was around 50 $ in stores ( its still 30 $ on Amazon although PS Vita's Cradle is just 10 $ atm ) it has to do something more than just charging when you think that even it doesnt include a few cables for charging and TV connection. Another thing about that original dock it doesnt have any button on the dock although the third party one has with 3 different settings.

Sony has a different understanding about docks, it has to have TV connection ability or speakers on it imo. PS Vita has a dock too and it just sits on it and charges, I know that there is Vita TV for TV then at least put 2 speakers on that dock is it that difficult or expansive :? I can lean it a few books to hold it with an angle instead of paying 20 $ :evil:
Advertising
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
psp_revival

Re: PSP-GO Cradles

Post by psp_revival »

Not entirley sure what is your question.

Sony decides the recommended retail price of its hardware - you decide if you want to pay that price.

Third party or in this case bootleg manufacturer produces a product with a pricepoint more closer to the production cost of the unit.

I dont understand why there is the video selector switch on the bootleg device, but the usb charging port was a neat move.
Advertising
PsP Go 6.61 - 2.3 LME
Vita TV 3.01 TN
PlayStation TV 3.60 HENkaku
PlayStation TV 3.63 ps+ Japan - USA
RPi2 Lakka
suloku

Post by suloku »

The switch is for toogling between component and composite output.

I ordered a sony one from canada for 15€, but this bootleg one is great because it converts the go's propietary port into standard ones. In a single device you get the xomponent cable, composite cable and data cable, qhic can charge the psp with any mobile phone charger. Too bad I couldn't find it anywhere.
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

suloku wrote:The switch is for toogling between component and composite output.

I ordered a sony one from canada for 15€, but this bootleg one is great because it converts the go's propietary port into standard ones. In a single device you get the xomponent cable, composite cable and data cable, qhic can charge the psp with any mobile phone charger. Too bad I couldn't find it anywhere.
Can you clarify what its benefit is ? It doesnt make any change on my LCD panel, is it converting the signal for old school CRTs ? The guy in the store who sold it to me said " just dont bring it back " :lol: probably he thought I will never sell this to anyone :D Actually I was ready to pay much more to it cause playing without power supply and bluetooth on draining battery rapidly.
suloku

Post by suloku »

Composite output is basically there just for the old non-flat TVs (the electron beam cannon ones). It has lower resolution than the component output. In that craddle the composite video RCA cable is the one that goes with the left audio and right audio (red and white cables).

The output has to be changed in the system settings of the psp from component to composite too, not just the craddle: http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... _3000.html

ps: I wanted that cradle... :(
Thrawn

Post by Thrawn »

Composite output is basically there just for the old non-flat TVs (the electron beam cannon ones).
Umm NO. All tv's with scart have it, most tv's still have scart.

Composite or / FBAS for me (f*ck BAS) is the poor man's version of a "video stream signal" it cannot exceed the maximum resolution of 640 to 480 px, its an old standard which still every piece of electronic junk featuring an video out possesses.
Only exception to that rule are mobile devices (phones and tablets) as well as the sh*tstation 4 and the f*ckbox one. Because of their fear of someone grabbing a rented video... sh*t drm again.
(And still they can't block out high end video grabber cards with hdcp support XD or you rip it directly from the retail source with any dvd hd)

If you set the psp go with the cradle to composite / fbas then it will whine around as soon as you want to play a game... it wants you to connect it via RGB / YPbPr, only the umd video (?) works with composite as far as I remember.
(Was on the psp 3000 this way, for the GO I have not tried with a ripped umd video)

So do yourself a favour and sh*t on that composite / f*ck bas. If you don't know if your TV has RGB/YUV/YPbPr, then look for it if it has a scart plug. If so, there is your RGB/YUV/YPbPr, just need the right scart adapter.

Scart, the best standard ever, has everything you need embedded.
The internet is a bottomless barrel of sh*t, we try to fill it, everyday. But we fail, because its bottomless.
suloku

Post by suloku »

Try reading any text from a PS3 trough composite output. But it's true that for the PSP the composite output is useful, I had forgotten for a moment its resolution is lower.
reprep

Post by reprep »

even though i have all the official cradle and cables vs, i still want this cradle. mini usb charging is great plus the price is unbeatable.

does anyone have a link?
psp_revival

Post by psp_revival »

reprep wrote:even though i have all the official cradle and cables vs, i still want this cradle. mini usb charging is great plus the price is unbeatable.

does anyone have a link?
There are two with the usb port on ebay UK now but not cheap enough.

EDIT.
Been looking around and there is a third cradle adopting the Sony design. This one only has a usb port nothing more - so no video output.

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.ph ... e-any-good
PsP Go 6.61 - 2.3 LME
Vita TV 3.01 TN
PlayStation TV 3.60 HENkaku
PlayStation TV 3.63 ps+ Japan - USA
RPi2 Lakka
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

reprep wrote:even though i have all the official cradle and cables vs, i still want this cradle. mini usb charging is great plus the price is unbeatable.

does anyone have a link?
I have the official cables as I said before but since my cradle have that weird video and sound output I cant use this cradle with the Samsung panel in my room and thanks to German design its impossible to take out the cables of the cradle without taking down that huge Loewe from the wall :evil:

I tried everything but couldnt connect that cradle to scart, these are my cables. If Samsung would have S-Video that would work too because I use bluetooth headset all the time I dont need audio.

Return to “General”