Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Tutorial] GTA VCS Cheat Device On 635 PRO B-8

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
aqualisschock

[Tutorial] GTA VCS Cheat Device On 635 PRO B-8

Post by aqualisschock »

This is my first tutorial on how to install the gta vcs cheat device on 6.35 PRO-A3 . Im using the umd version of gta , with my 3004 PSP . So i dont know if it works with PSP-GO or on ISO or CSO files.

First , What is this so called cheat device ?

The GTA VCS cheat device is a cheat device ( duh ) specially made for gta vcs , so it has many more options than any other cheat device . Its created by : edison carter and all the credits go to him.

Anyways ill start with the tutorial

1. Connect psp to computer, and go to ur ROOT ( ms0: ef0: right there , where the folders : PSP , PICTURE and MUSIC are too ) of ur psp . Then make a folder called : seplugins .

2. When u have that , make inside the seplugins folder a .txt document called : game . so it should look like this ms0:/seplugins/game.txt ( or ef0: for psp go. )

3. INSIDE that text file , place the following line : ms0:/seplugins/vcscheatdevice.prx 1 . ( Or ef0:/seplugins/vcscheatdevice.prx 1 if u own a PSP GO ! )

4. Download the cheatdevice from here : http://www.mediafire.com/?ev94gsm5klt9l7y

5. U will get a rar file that u can open with the program Winrar ( google it if u dont have it )

6. When u winrar'd the file , u will have a folder .

DO NOT USE THE INSTALLER THAT COMES WITH IT !!!!

7. inside that folder , u got 2 prx files :
vcscheatdevice.prx
vcscheatdevice371.prx .

8. MOVE the vcscheatdevice.prx to the seplugins folder that we made earlier on our psp . U dont need vcscheatdevice371.prx , u could just delete it , it should look like this : ms0:/seplugins/vcscheatdevice.prx ( or ef0: for psp go. )

9. NEXT UP make a folder in the root again ( so in the beggining of ur memory stick again ef0: ms0: ) and call it : cheats

10. Inside that cheats folder make another folder called : vcs , now u got : ms0:/cheats/vcs

11. Now go to the folder u downloaded ( this one http://www.mediafire.com/?ev94gsm5klt9l7y ) and ull see a .txt doc called topcheats . MOVE that text file to the vcs folder inside the cheats folder ) it should look like this ms0:/cheats/vcs/topcheats.txt ( or ef0: for psp go , bla bla )

12. UR DONE ! go start up VCS and if u did this correctly , the menu will pop up in at the end of the loading screen !!

Also Q&A :

Q: Can this cheat device brick my psp ?
A: No it cannot , its safe.
Advertising
Last edited by aqualisschock on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PSP Model : PSP 3004 Firmware : 6.20 -> 6.35 -> 6.35 PRO-A4 -> 6.35 PRO-B3
XxNiNjAxX

Re: [Tutorial] GTA VCS Cheat Device On 635 PRO A-3

Post by XxNiNjAxX »

Hello! :oops: Seeing as this is my first post, i want to tell you that i have a psp go with 6.35 pro B3.
Now, the problem is that when i play my gta it doesnt load the cheats.
it gives me the message "LoadUserCheats malloc error! 00000000" at the top and i i try to look at the page with usercheats on it, it freezes! Could you please help me?
I also have a 1001 and 2001 and they run cheat device just fine.
I have done exactly what you said too, but really i just want all my cheat to work.

- XxNiNjAxX
Advertising
aqualisschock

Post by aqualisschock »

u moved the TOPCHEATS doc to the folder CHEATS/VCS ? also did you use ef0: in game . txt ?
XxNiNjAxX

Post by XxNiNjAxX »

aqualisschock wrote:u moved the TOPCHEATS doc to the folder CHEATS/VCS ? also did you use ef0: in game . txt ?
Yes, and Yes.
XxNiNjAxX

Post by XxNiNjAxX »

BTW i also have TempAR installed and am aware that you have to have one off for the other to work.
do i have to delete TempAR?
And my cheats do work... it's just when i go to the next page topcheats.txt and all my others freeze the psp and turns it off when i select them.
twoface262

Post by twoface262 »

Hello, I'm using 6.20 TN-E (HEN), and I followed your tutorial I also enabled the plugin in the TN-Setting, but after restarting Hen I started VCS and the plugin never loaded...is there any cause for this? please help.
King Raaa

Post by King Raaa »

Wow, it works!
Very good tutorial, thank you! :D
aqualisschock

Post by aqualisschock »

twoface262 wrote:Hello, I'm using 6.20 TN-E (HEN), and I followed your tutorial I also enabled the plugin in the TN-Setting, but after restarting Hen I started VCS and the plugin never loaded...is there any cause for this? please help.
Hmmm.... try using the other plugin that came with it ( cscheatdevice371.prx ) .
I dont use TN-E so if it doesnt work than i dont know the answer :(
aqualisschock

Post by aqualisschock »

King Raaa wrote:Wow, it works!
Very good tutorial, thank you! :D
Np.
blackoprice

Post by blackoprice »

XxNiNjAxX wrote:Hello! :oops: Seeing as this is my first post, i want to tell you that i have a psp go with 6.35 pro B3.
Now, the problem is that when i play my gta it doesnt load the cheats.
it gives me the message "LoadUserCheats malloc error! 00000000" at the top and i i try to look at the page with usercheats on it, it freezes! Could you please help me?
I also have a 1001 and 2001 and they run cheat device just fine.
I have done exactly what you said too, but really i just want all my cheat to work.

- XxNiNjAxX
:D :D :D I found a solution.......just disable the plugin and select reset vsh.....enable it again and run the game...it worked for me...and keep that plugin disabled when u r not playing becoz it freezes the psp when u quit a homebrew....hope it helped........

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”