Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP 2000 charging problems

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Goobley

PSP 2000 charging problems

Post by Goobley »

Hi all,
I've been trying to resolve this problem for a couple of weeks now. I had phat quite a while ago which I had to sell, then I recently got the opportunity to pick up a cheap 2000 so I did :).

Given that the unit has been around for a while the battery isn't as good as it was, however I have one of those portable USB batteries that I use for my iPad on long train journeys and thought I could use it with my PSP. I know the PSP can normally only charge in USB mode so I bought one of those cables with a DC jack on USB cable. It was cheap and didn't work regardless of the charger used (computer/2.1A iPad charger/2.1A portable battery...). So I got another one with data and a DC jack. This one will charge the unit with just the jack plugged in but only when the PSP is sleeping... as soon as I turn it on it reverts to battery (the light goes back to green) even though the iPad charger and mobile battery have a higher current output than the official PSP charger.
Anyone know what's up with this and how I can charge my PSP from my external USB battery whilst using it?
Many thanks.
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: PSP 2000 charging problems

Post by fate6 »

If you are using CFW then there is an option in the recovery menu to charge from USB
iirc you do need to start USB mode for it to start to charge but yea once its started its all good
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “General”