Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Succesfully installed CWCheats but no effects when enabled??

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
Swing

Succesfully installed CWCheats but no effects when enabled??

Post by Swing »

So I was happy enough to get VC3 installed on my VITA and to finally get CWCheats working (as in the menu pops up along with the cheats to turn off and on), but even when I turn them on I get no effect?? I know there's some confusion regarding the game codes between regular and E2 version but I'm pretty sure the cheats I installed were for the E2 English patched version. What I did was switch the game code in my cheat.db to ULJM-05781 for E2 from ULJM-05957 so even though when I press select it says Valkyria Chronicles (JP) without the E2 I'm still using the right cheats. On top of that I added my own and turned those on as well but nothing is happening. I can give you pictures and my cheat.db if that can help. Can anybody give me some help, or does anybody have any experience with running it on VITA, or know if I'm doing it right?

-----
Well I've been testing it both on my PSP and my PSP on my VITA... Even though I switched game ID's on the cheat.db on the PSP they both recognized the game ID as 05781, I thought swapping the game ID for my regular PSP would make it show up as the 05957... but I guess they both show up as 05781?? And the English patch said the game ID was 05957, but I just noticed you could "save" cheats by pressing select after going through them, and on my PSP emulator and my PSP they both froze after it... Maybe you can't use CWcheat on the English patch?? But I swear somebody here said they got it to work on English patch... on VITA??

-----
Ok after swapping the code ID's I got it to work on my PSP, at least the max EXP and max DCT, the thing is CWcheat still says it's the opposite game code, but that doesn't matter, I just want to gain proficiency faster, so I wonder if I just cut and paste it on my cheat.db if it'll work??

If I can get this to work I'll post a working English patch cheat.db for ppl to copy and paste for their PSP's and hopefully VITAs
Advertising
Last edited by jc_gargma on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged Triple Post
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Succesfully installed CWCheats but no effects when enabl

Post by fate6 »

Look at the cheats themselves

iirc the game ID is there as well(and name) so change it to the game you want
(should be at the top of the cheat list)
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
grief3r

Post by grief3r »

_S GAME ID
_G GAME NAME
_C0 CHEAT NAME
_L 0xADRESS 0xVALUE
_L 0xADRESS 0XVALUE
_C0 NEW CHEAT 2
PSV1001 2.61 FieldRunners
PSP1001 6.60 Pro-C
PSP 3001 6.20 Pro-C2
Tifamh

Post by Tifamh »

grief3r wrote:_S GAME ID
_G GAME NAME
_C0 CHEAT NAME
_L 0xADRESS 0xVALUE
_L 0xADRESS 0XVALUE
_C0 NEW CHEAT 2
So for this game
_S ULJM-05781
_G Senjou no Valkyria 3 Extra Edition
_C0 Max DCT
_L 0xaddress 0xvalue
etc etc...
Should look like this in the .db file. This is what works on my Vita with no problem at all. The game ID can't be ULJM-05957.
grief3r

Post by grief3r »

cwcheat should tell you the game ID, make sure they correspond
if it still doesn't work then make sure you have a working cwc version
also cwc never worked for me with the few psn titles i had, but iso always worked

about the game code i don't know much about this, but maybe there's a checksum to ensure the game id is the original, or maybe it's reading the wrong ID to display but still detects as the patched ID as the game id to load the cheats,
and the cheats themselves could be causing the freezing issue so try comparing the address and value of each cheat you wanna from both games and see if they have changed

edit....correction about the line with the _L
i think it's 0x2Xremaining 3 bytes 0xvalue,if the cheat is storing 32 bit values,
1 is 16, and 0 is 8
PSP1001 6.60 Pro-C
PSP 3001 6.20 Pro-C2
Swing

Post by Swing »

Yeah it's just weird that you can make the game ID virtually ANYTHING and CWCheat will list it as the correct one... I don't get what the point of putting the game ID in is if it auto detects it unless for human error?? lol
Tifamh

Post by Tifamh »

It works by checking the game ID with your game and searches your .db file. They need to match so it finds the cheats for that game specifically. If not set right it won't find what your looking for.
grief3r

Post by grief3r »

if you can see your cheats but id is different dont worry its just a bug
PSP1001 6.60 Pro-C
PSP 3001 6.20 Pro-C2
Swing

Post by Swing »

Well the English partch for E2 is the original game id not the E2 id... but
I exchanged the cheats from extra edition to the regular games database and it freezes the game (sometimes and depending on the cheat)... Can you guys try and help me find VC3 regular edition Cwcheats because that's what works with the English patch and I can only find like 5 game breaking cheats I just want the proficiency cheat
bacacho

Post by bacacho »

Tifamh wrote:
grief3r wrote:_S GAME ID
_G GAME NAME
_C0 CHEAT NAME
_L 0xADRESS 0xVALUE
_L 0xADRESS 0XVALUE
_C0 NEW CHEAT 2
So for this game
_S ULJM-05781
_G Senjou no Valkyria 3 Extra Edition
_C0 Max DCT
_L 0xaddress 0xvalue
etc etc...
Should look like this in the .db file. This is what works on my Vita with no problem at all. The game ID can't be ULJM-05957.
I've the Valkyria Chronicles 3 patched english version, but not all the cheats works with the ID ULJM-05781 'cus the cheats are of ID ULJM-05957 (the only ones i can make work is the EXP and ACT 99999999). Do you have working cheats for ID ULJM-05781 ??... i'll be very thankful.

Return to “TN CEF”