Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

HOW DOES RSOD, BLUE SCREEN AND BRICK HAPPENS ??

All topics regarding downgrading with TN Hen
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Re: HOW DOES RSOD, BLUE SCREEN AND BRICK HAPPENS ??

Post by Disturbed0ne »

EarlZ088 wrote:Would donwgrading to 6.20 restore the flash0 to defaults ?
That hadn't crossed my mind. :shock: I'm currently on 6.20 already but maybe updating to 6.35/6.31 and then downgrading again to 6.20 would do the trick.

I'd like some input from Wololo/JJS/M0Skit0/One of the mods or someone who's really familiar with the PSP 3001 4g before I attempted that though.

If I don't get an answer to this question by tomorrow then I'll make a separate thread about it in this forum.

I would be overjoyed if that worked and I was able to use CXMB and RemoteJoy lite again. :oops:
Advertising
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

I wouldn't recommend downgrading at all. And again, you shouldn't mess with flash0 on unhackable mobos, this has been said a thousand times. If you mess with it, don't come here crying. You were warned but still wanted to do it anyway.
Advertising
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
EarlZ088

Post by EarlZ088 »

m0skit0 wrote:I wouldn't recommend downgrading at all. And again, you shouldn't mess with flash0 on unhackable mobos, this has been said a thousand times. If you mess with it, don't come here crying. You were warned but still wanted to do it anyway.
From what he said it was ISOtool that may have messed up his flash0, why would you not recommend downgrading to 6.20 ?
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

m0skit0 wrote:I wouldn't recommend downgrading at all. And again, you shouldn't mess with flash0 on unhackable mobos, this has been said a thousand times. If you mess with it, don't come here crying. You were warned but still wanted to do it anyway.
My PSP 3001 4g was already downgraded to 6.20 from 6.35 via davee's downgrader and all was well until I installed ISO Tool and on it.

So in your expert opinion you don't think that the update then downgrade would fix the Flash0 problem I have with plugins?

(This is not a "OMG I'm so sad that my PSP is bricked". This is just looking for possible solutions to a "somewhat" minor problem)

I'll be just fine without plugins, but I'd enjoy it more if I were able to use them again.
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
EarlZ088

Post by EarlZ088 »

Well since you were able to successfully downgrade it to 6.20 , why not try it again update to 6.35 and see if you can use plugins in 6.35 if not downgrade back again to 6.20.
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

EarlZ088 wrote:Well since you were able to successfully downgrade it to 6.20 , why not try it again update to 6.35 and see if you can use plugins in 6.35 if not downgrade back again to 6.20.
I've gotten a bit of advice/suggestion from someone else on trying something very simple. :lol:

I'm not going to risk the update/downgrade and I'm just going to go through my previous plugins until I find the culprit. So far it's still ISO Tool.

I've got pprefs, RemoteJoy Lite and CXMB back and all working just fine again.

Honestly there aren't even any other plugins that I can think of that I really want/need to use.
EarlZ088

Post by EarlZ088 »

Disturbed0ne wrote:
EarlZ088 wrote:Well since you were able to successfully downgrade it to 6.20 , why not try it again update to 6.35 and see if you can use plugins in 6.35 if not downgrade back again to 6.20.
I've gotten a bit of advice/suggestion from someone else on trying something very simple. :lol:

I'm not going to risk the update/downgrade and I'm just going to go through my previous plugins until I find the culprit. So far it's still ISO Tool.

I've got pprefs, RemoteJoy Lite and CXMB back and all working just fine again.

Honestly there aren't even any other plugins that I can think of that I really want/need to use.
So what did you do ?

EDIT:

Since your using remotejoylite as well, do I only add the line under vsh and game txt files?

My psp powers down if I have remotejoylite but 0.19 is listed to be compatible with Pro-A
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

EarlZ088 wrote:So what did you do ?

EDIT:

Since your using remotejoylite as well, do I only add the line under vsh and game txt files?

My psp powers down if I have remotejoylite but 0.19 is listed to be compatible with Pro-A
Yes. All I've got for RemoteJoyLite.prx is the "ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx 1" in vsh.txt and game.txt and it works fine. I'm using a PSP 3001 4g though. You've got it listed as "ef0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx 1" in both vsh.txt and game.txt right?
EarlZ088

Post by EarlZ088 »

ms0

anyway how did you get it back to work ?
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

I completely removed ISO Tool from my memory stick and installed Prometheus ISO loader and I've been slowly adding plugins back. I've learned that dayviewer.prx won't function on my PSP as well. Not that I really need it at all.

Return to “Downgrading”