Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Fieldrunners (US) How to get this on the Vita?

SeongGino

Fieldrunners (US) How to get this on the Vita?

Post by SeongGino »

So, I stayed on 2.61 and found that Fieldrunners was the next exploit and that it was the best. Since I already bought it, I was excited... problem is, I have no clue how to get it on the Vita. Of course, I tried the PS3 trick where you put the Vita into PC transfer mode, disconnect then reconnect to PS3, but the option isn't there. And when I tried Charles Proxy, the internet connection test on Vita failed at Internet Connection, even though it connects to the YouTube application just fine... (Error is NW-10743-5 btw)

So, how do I get about doing this? I have all the components, but it just isn't working out for me for whatever reason. And if this is the wrong section of the forum (Which it probably is) move it there.
Advertising
I'm just your average Seong. Move along, nothing to see here...
afabledhero

Re: Fieldrunners (US) How to get this on the Vita?

Post by afabledhero »

This wasn't meant for the public i think
Advertising
megaman781

Post by megaman781 »

im not sure what your problem is mine worked just fine. It seems it is not possible using the CMA-ps3 trick, but i got it with Charles, here is what i did:

*start Charles, start new session, click Help on the top part and click "local ip address", make note of that IP.
*on your Vita connect to your Wifi and click on it to change some settings, go to Advanced settings, scroll down to where it says Address and input the IP address you got from Charles, on Port type 8888, go down and press ok.
*Now go back to Vita Settings, system update, update using Wifi, youll see something come up on Charles on the left plane, right click on it and "Save All" to desktop.
* Go to the file you saved on you desktop and open it with notepad or something like that, scroll to the right and everytime it reads "3.00" just change it to whatever your actual firmware is, example. 2.61. Once you are done with that save the file and exit. Go back to charles.
* On the left pane once again right click on the "http://fus01..." and go all the way to the bottom where it says "Map Local" click on it then click on Choose and look for the File you saves earlier to you desktop, click ok.
* On the vita go back to settings then press Update and try to update through Wifi, if everything is fine it should tell you, you have the latest Firmware :) good luck!
neji_ro

Post by neji_ro »

Thank you!! megaman781
SeongGino

Post by SeongGino »

megaman781 wrote:im not sure what your problem is mine worked just fine. It seems it is not possible using the CMA-ps3 trick, but i got it with Charles, here is what i did:

*start Charles, start new session, click Help on the top part and click "local ip address", make note of that IP.
*on your Vita connect to your Wifi and click on it to change some settings, go to Advanced settings, scroll down to where it says Address and input the IP address you got from Charles, on Port type 8888, go down and press ok.
*Now go back to Vita Settings, system update, update using Wifi, youll see something come up on Charles on the left plane, right click on it and "Save All" to desktop.
* Go to the file you saved on you desktop and open it with notepad or something like that, scroll to the right and everytime it reads "3.00" just change it to whatever your actual firmware is, example. 2.61. Once you are done with that save the file and exit. Go back to charles.
* On the left pane once again right click on the "http://fus01..." and go all the way to the bottom where it says "Map Local" click on it then click on Choose and look for the File you saves earlier to you desktop, click ok.
* On the vita go back to settings then press Update and try to update through Wifi, if everything is fine it should tell you, you have the latest Firmware :) good luck!
Actually, this may just be what I need. :D I will report back with results.

SUCCESS!! Thanks again guys, you are great, like I remember!
Hopefully I can make some kind of compatibility list for this exploit.
artmaze7

Post by artmaze7 »

The ps3 cma trick does not work. I can confirm this. But the charles proxy does work.
Proud PS Vita YouTuber w/ 4,000+ subscribers! <3 My Channel

Former tester of Coldbird's ARK eCFW (before it got leaked)

Follow me @Artmaze_
SeongGino

Post by SeongGino »

artmaze7 wrote:The ps3 cma trick does not work.
Correcto, it didn't.
artmaze7 wrote:But the charles proxy does work.
Correcto, it did.

And last question, will the US files be uploaded tomorrow?
artmaze7

Post by artmaze7 »

SeongGino wrote:And last question, will the US files be uploaded tomorrow?
They have already been released on Frostegater's Twitter page.

https://twitter.com/frostegater

Here is the download link: http://t.co/Mw1FbfQxhW
Proud PS Vita YouTuber w/ 4,000+ subscribers! <3 My Channel

Former tester of Coldbird's ARK eCFW (before it got leaked)

Follow me @Artmaze_
airkingbr

Post by airkingbr »

anyone have success on run snes roms?
every rom i tried still on black screen.
megaman781

Post by megaman781 »

no, i havent been able to run any Homebrew the cursor just jumps back to the top, i tried other launche m138, but it doesnt recognize any of the savestates i copy over, i dont know what to do anymore

Return to “Homebrews”