Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Tutorial] Creating & Adding Cheats on gpSP Kai

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
mad789

[Tutorial] Creating & Adding Cheats on gpSP Kai

Post by mad789 »

Creating & Adding Cheats on gpSP Kai

This tutorial is for people who want to use cheat codes on their favorite emulated Gameboy Advance game on the PSP. Before I start, you need the following:

Requirements::
  • Action Replay or Gameshark Codes for a certain game
  • gpSP Kai Cheat Creator.exe Downlaod
  • Hacked PSP with the most recent gpSP Kai
  • Common Sense/Logic
1) All gpSP Kai cheat codes should be inserted in ms0:/PSP/Game/gpSP Kai/GBA/CHT , assuming that gpSP Kai is any version of the Gameboy Advance Emulator. These cheat codes have a specific format, which is .cht .

2) Gather the Action Reply/Gameshark codes that you want and open up the gpSP Kai Cheat Creator.exe program. Enter the game name at the top bar in the program (i.e. Pokemon Emerald). The game name will help you identify the cheat file.

3) There is a specific form in which you need to enter these codes to get a .cht file.

Action Replay Form:

PAR_V3 (name of code) <---make sure PAR_V3 and the code name is separated by a space
XXXXXXXX YYYYYYYY
XXXXXXXX YYYYYYYY

Enter the code as shown in the X and Y column above if it is an Action Reply Code. Remember that there are 8 characters in each column because it is an Action Replay Code. Column X is separated from Column Y with a space. If the code has more than two lines, do not get part of it and instead get the whole thing.

Gameshark Form:

gameshark_V3 (name of code) <-----again, gameshark_V3 is separated from the code name
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Enter the code as shown in the X rows. In gameshark form, there are not columns, but there are rows. Remember that there are 12 characters in each row because it is in gameshark form. After one row ends, another row starts. If the code has more than two lines, do not get part of it and instead get the whole thing.

4) Enter the codes that you have gathered in the wide box area of the gpSP Kai cheat creator program after you put them in the gameshark/Action Replay form from above. After every code, make sure to not leave them attached to eachother, for this will mess up the code. Press the "enter" key to separate them.

5) Create the .cht file after you enter all the codes.

6) Connect your PSP to your computer using a USB Cord. Go to this directory: ms0:/PSP/GAME/gpSP Kai/GBA/CHT . This directory may not be the same as others, and if that is the case, then just look for the CHT folder in your gpSP Kai.

7) Insert your new .cht file into the CHT Folder

8) Disconnect your PSP from the USB Cord and start up your gpSP Kai. After you start the game that you made the .cht file for, press the triangle button to open up the gpSP Kai menu. In that menu, you should see the words "Cheats and Miscellaneous Options". Click on those words to take you to the cheats part of the menu.

9) Go to "Load Cheat File". Then, you will see the .cht file that you recently created. Click on that cheat file.

10) Loading the certain .cht file will show you the cheats that are in that .cht file. You can disable/enable those cheats in the menu.

11) Happy cheating :D
NOTE:This guide is not made by me
Advertising
Image Image
PSN
IWannaTest

Re: Creating & Adding Cheats on gpSP Kai

Post by IWannaTest »

THANK YOU!
I was stuck on how to make the gameshark cheats work, so i was stuck with the average AR cheats :cry:
Advertising
My Devices :D
PSP 1000 - (Triple Boot) 1.50 POC, 5.00 M33-4, 3.40 OE-A
PSP 2000 - 6.60 PROMOD-B10
PS Vita 1001 - (Custom Vita) 3.18 TN-V 10/PS1 Loader :D
PS Vita 1001 - 3.50 OFW
Casavult

Re: Creating & Adding Cheats on gpSP Kai

Post by Casavult »

I'm going to change the title so it stands out a bit more. The current title doesn't say whether it's a tutorial or a help thread and may confuse people like it did with me (I thought this was a help thread lol).
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
EdnaHall

Re: [Tutorial] Creating & Adding Cheats on gpSP Kai

Post by EdnaHall »

Gather the Action Reply/Gameshark codes that you want and open up the gpSP Kai Cheat Creator.exe program. Enter the game name at the top bar in the program (i.e. Pokemon Emerald). The game name will help you identify the cheat file.????
Tamwhex

Post by Tamwhex »

Hi im new here and im having a problem with my codes for megaman battle network 5 team protoma
i found out thru here that they are gameshark codes and now they appear in the screen but i cant "use" them...
can someone helpme out?? :cry:
top_ramen

Post by top_ramen »

Uh, where do these save to?
stuff9414

Post by stuff9414 »

no matter what i try i can only get one cheat to appear... any one else have this issue?

this is what i've tried for golden sun

gameshark_V3 (M)
99A1BD8F862B EBF661EEF0DB DAC993B258D6
gameshark_V3 (Have 50,000 Coins)
ABEE45AD694A
gameshark_V3 (Quick Coin Gain)
CCCB6FBDAD0E
gameshark_V3 (Quick Level Gain)
7E7C078F7342

Return to “General”