Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Android/ios apps on ps vita by psm

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Re: Android/ios apps on ps vita by psm

Post by hgoel0974 »

m0skit0 wrote:@SMOKE: check this.
hgoel0974 wrote:are the apk's anything like the exe's generated by a .NET language?
Not quite so. APKs are usually developed in Java, so this is the point in common with .NET (you most likely know that .NET is a copy of Java from Microsoft). APKs have much more packed inside, like files, directories, images... (EXE format doesn't support all this). In fact an APK is basically Google's custom JAR format.
hgoel0974 wrote:(you can decompile them back into the exact source code, even translate between .NET languages)
Not to extact source code, but pretty close. This is because both compilers (Java and .NET) do not optimize too much, so resulting bytecode (in Java terminology, which Microsoft calls MSIL assembly) is very similar to the source that generated it, contrary to C/C++ where code optimizations are common in compilers.
Thanks! :D
I won't say anything more than I don't think that I'll answer that :P
I have no reason to not agree but at the same time I can't help but disagree for some odd reason :lol:
Advertising
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

That's because you're still inside the Animus :lol:
Advertising
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
SsJVasto

Post by SsJVasto »

decookaaron wrote:[...]Just think you can get a 99cent game on android or apple and sony would charge 4.99$.[...]
Hmm, The price is [almost] up to the programmer's (or publisher's) discretion. Basically, the price looks like this:

SalePrice = ProgrammerPrice * 1.50;
or
SonyProfit = (SalePrice / 3)
ProgrammerProfit = (SalePrice / 3) * 2
PSVita Model PCH-1001 (OFW 2.61);
PS3 Model CECH-2101B (OFW 4.46);
PSP Go (OFW 6.60)
PSP Model PSP-2001 (God of War Edition)(CFW 6.60 PRO-B10);
PSP Model PSP-1001b (CFW 4.01-m33 + Kernel Plugin);
decookaaron

Post by decookaaron »

SsJVasto wrote:
decookaaron wrote:[...]Just think you can get a 99cent game on android or apple and sony would charge 4.99$.[...]
Hmm, The price is [almost] up to the programmer's (or publisher's) discretion. Basically, the price looks like this:

or
SCE will decide the retail price based on the wholesale price the PSM Publisher set. For example, if the wholesale price is set at USD 0.69, SCE will set the retail price at about USD 0.99.

Games and applications distributed through the PlayStation®Store will be limited to paid (including freemium) content for the moment.

I got this straight from their site. Like I said you can get a Good game for free from the Google Playstore and iTunes, But SCE would charge for it. This is what I was trying to imply. And the ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore graphics on the Vita is said to support DirectX, OpenGL ES, OpenVG, and OpenCL which I don't think it's true but I might be wrong. But if it is couldn't you make a game based off their software and us PSM Studio to test it out on your Vita?
I have 4 PSVs diff regions, 4 PS3s diff models+2 dead ones, 1 Xbox360+5 dead ones, 4 xboxs diff models+2 dead ones, 4 ps2s diff models, and had 18 psps diff models and regions. All modded except the PSVs. I'm a console collector and repair man. :)
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

m0skit0 wrote:That's because you're still inside the Animus :lol:
lol, I've been inside so long that I am stuck :lol:
SsJVasto

Post by SsJVasto »

decookaaron wrote:
SsJVasto wrote:

or
SCE will decide the retail price based on the wholesale price the PSM Publisher set. For example, if the wholesale price is set at USD 0.69, SCE will set the retail price at about USD 0.99.

Games and applications distributed through the PlayStation®Store will be limited to paid (including freemium) content for the moment.

I got this straight from their site. Like I said you can get a Good game for free from the Google Playstore and iTunes, But SCE would charge for it. This is what I was trying to imply. And the ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore graphics on the Vita is said to support DirectX, OpenGL ES, OpenVG, and OpenCL which I don't think it's true but I might be wrong. But if it is couldn't you make a game based off their software and us PSM Studio to test it out on your Vita?
Sce will distribute free games, if that's what the publisher wants, but the publisher will need to pay Sony 1$ every time the game is "purchased", which is why all the free games have microtransactions. And that's the hard decision when programming on PSM... "Do I restrict content to make it free and force players buy add-on content to finance the game, or do I charge right off the bat and just keep them updated?"

During this inquiry, I contacted Sony directly, and got this reply:
Justin D wrote:Customer By Web Form - 05/02/2013 06:13 AM
Is it possible to change the price of a game? I was wondering if I could start off a Game at 1$ and use the sales to finance the development of the Online Gaming system for said Game, and then sell it for a higher price once complete. This would ultimately mean that the first players who bought the game (and supported me) would get updated at no extra charge, and new gamers would need to pay the revised price. Is this an option on PSN/PSM?
PlayStation(R)Mobile Developer Support <en-support-psm@mailap.custhelp.com> wrote:Response Via Email(PlayStation(R)Mobile Developer Support) - 05/10/2013 04:22 AM
Thank you for contacting us.

You can change the price of your game.
You can start off a game at $1 and then set the price of the next version at $1.5.

However, a player who already bought Version 1.0 should be able to update the game for free. There is no option to charge for an update to an existing version at the moment.

Kind regards,
PSP Go (OFW 6.60)
decookaaron

Post by decookaaron »

I don't go by Sony's tech support for ***. They'll tell you something and the next support will tell you different. Until they change what is said there site I ain't going to beleive the tech support. Update the site first before giving an answer. PlayStation support has gavin me wrong information tons of times while I have there site up in front of me. Just like there licence agreement and repair information. They wanted me to pay 50$ to receive my Vita back or they'll keep it, but another tech said that ill get it back for free. So I don't send stuff in no more, even though I got my vita back. And yes I know for a fact 100% no doubt that they told me 50$ to get my vita back. So I don't ask Sony for help at all. Ill fix it with my reball machine and what ever else to repair my stuff. I can't rely on a company.

What I'm implying is that you can't beleive everything they tell you. Cause if you do then you are really gullible. I hate getting false info cause then they'll confuse the heck out of me. Since my car wreck I lost 65% of my memory. The doctor said it will comeback through time. I lost everything. I use to be able to modify anything you could dream of. I was in college for 4yrs for computer engineering and abunch of othings. Computer and electronics are my life. And now I have to relearn everything even hardware design. I was working for Intel in Arizona before the accedent. But now I have no job cause lost of memory. So if I get a few things wrong just give me some slack.
I have 4 PSVs diff regions, 4 PS3s diff models+2 dead ones, 1 Xbox360+5 dead ones, 4 xboxs diff models+2 dead ones, 4 ps2s diff models, and had 18 psps diff models and regions. All modded except the PSVs. I'm a console collector and repair man. :)
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

SsJVasto wrote: SCE will decide the retail price based on the wholesale price the PSM Publisher set. For example, if the wholesale price is set at USD 0.69, SCE will set the retail price at about USD 0.99.

Sce will distribute free games, if that's what the publisher wants, but the publisher will need to pay Sony 1$ every time the game is "purchased", which is why all the free games have microtransactions. And that's the hard decision when programming on PSM... "Do I restrict content to make it free and force players buy add-on content to finance the game, or do I charge right off the bat and just keep them updated?"

During this inquiry, I contacted Sony directly, and got this reply:
Justin D wrote:Customer By Web Form - 05/02/2013 06:13 AM
Is it possible to change the price of a game? I was wondering if I could start off a Game at 1$ and use the sales to finance the development of the Online Gaming system for said Game, and then sell it for a higher price once complete. This would ultimately mean that the first players who bought the game (and supported me) would get updated at no extra charge, and new gamers would need to pay the revised price. Is this an option on PSN/PSM?
PlayStation(R)Mobile Developer Support <en-support-psm@mailap.custhelp.com> wrote:Response Via Email(PlayStation(R)Mobile Developer Support) - 05/10/2013 04:22 AM
Thank you for contacting us.

You can change the price of your game.
You can start off a game at $1 and then set the price of the next version at $1.5.

However, a player who already bought Version 1.0 should be able to update the game for free. There is no option to charge for an update to an existing version at the moment.

Kind regards,
[/quote]

Two things:
The publisher doesn't have to pay for those 'free' games, instead they're called freemium games, they have in app purchases because that's the way Sony (and thus the publisher) earns money from them, think of it like this, Sony isn't interested in your game until they can make a profit.
SsJVasto

Post by SsJVasto »

hgoel0974 wrote:Two things:
The publisher doesn't have to pay for those 'free' games, instead they're called freemium games, they have in app purchases because that's the way Sony (and thus the publisher) earns money from them, think of it like this, Sony isn't interested in your game until they can make a profit.
RTFM
If you read the Publisher's License that you agreed to when you signed up for PSM (if you didn't, why are you arguing with me?) then you should have read this:
https://psm.playstation.net/static/sys/dev/agreements/publisher/scea/1.00/publisher.html wrote:10.6. In consideration for the rights granted under this agreement, Company shall pay SCEA or a designated Affiliate:

A. One U.S. dollar each time a User downloads any Application that (i) the parties have agreed to make available to Users without charge; and (ii) has no other revenue model supported by PlayStation®Network's commerce engine such as an in-Application store or "freemium" model. SCEA may change this amount by giving reasonable notice to Company of the change. Company's payment for these Application downloads is in lieu of any payment obligation arising under section 10.2. Company shall make payments under this section 10.6.A at the time and in the manner that the Guidelines specify or as SCEA instructs Company after giving Company reasonable notice.

B. Fifteen percent of any direct or indirect revenue, income or other monetary value earned, recognized or derived from Applications (other than from any sale of the Application itself) and Online Gameplay (whether or not supplied to Users for free or for a charge), including revenue sharing or advertising revenue. Company's payments under this section 10.6.B is in addition to any payment obligation arising under section 10.2. Company shall provide SCEA with monthly reports of the gross revenues actually received by Company or credited to Company's account for which Company's payment obligations arise under section 10.6.B and shall pay SCEA invoices within 30 days of the invoice date.
PSP Go (OFW 6.60)
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

SsJVasto wrote:
hgoel0974 wrote:Two things:
RTFM
If you read the Publisher's License that you agreed to when you signed up for PSM (if you didn't, why are you arguing with me?) then you should have read this:
https://psm.playstation.net/static/sys/dev/agreements/publisher/scea/1.00/publisher.html wrote:10.6. In consideration for the rights granted under this agreement, Company shall pay SCEA or a designated Affiliate:

A. One U.S. dollar each time a User downloads any Application that (i) the parties have agreed to make available to Users without charge; and (ii) has no other revenue model supported by PlayStation®Network's commerce engine such as an in-Application store or "freemium" model. SCEA may change this amount by giving reasonable notice to Company of the change. Company's payment for these Application downloads is in lieu of any payment obligation arising under section 10.2. Company shall make payments under this section 10.6.A at the time and in the manner that the Guidelines specify or as SCEA instructs Company after giving Company reasonable notice.

B. Fifteen percent of any direct or indirect revenue, income or other monetary value earned, recognized or derived from Applications (other than from any sale of the Application itself) and Online Gameplay (whether or not supplied to Users for free or for a charge), including revenue sharing or advertising revenue. Company's payments under this section 10.6.B is in addition to any payment obligation arising under section 10.2. Company shall provide SCEA with monthly reports of the gross revenues actually received by Company or credited to Company's account for which Company's payment obligations arise under section 10.6.B and shall pay SCEA invoices within 30 days of the invoice date.
Not arguing because I really didn't read it but:

https://en-support.psm.playstation.net/ ... N2bA%3D%3D

And also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemium

so we can both agree that the PSM team doesn't even know what they're saying :P I'll point them to this thread, hopefully they'll clear things up

Return to “Programming and Security”