Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Can Anyone Else Not Transfer Gamocracy One From PS3 To Vita?

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
DarkenLX

Re: Can Anyone Else Not Transfer Gamocracy One From PS3 To V

Post by DarkenLX »

ViRGE wrote:
mlc wrote:I was unable to do it on... 1.81? (i think that's my fw), so I assume that it requires a higher Vita firmware than 2.02 to be recognized as transferable.
I had not seriously considered that, but I suppose it's a possibility. Does Sony actually have that power? It strikes me as weird that they'd require such a new firmware for a years old Mini. It's not as if older Vitas somehow can't properly emulate the PSP.
mlc wrote:
The Z wrote:Since your region is US, just download it with your Vita.
He can't because his Vita FW is 2.02, which probably means he has a previous exploit as well.
Bingo. I'm banking this exploit in case some of the fall games I'm looking forward to (e.g. Rayman) end up shipping on 2.12. There's no sense in giving up my kernel hack right now, but it may be something I want to do in a couple of months, so it's best to get the game now.
DarkenLX wrote:well for one your ps3 is CFW and in order to transfer anything from ps3 to vita as far as installs go the ps3 must be signed into psn for the vita to allow the install and to my knowledge cfw ps3 can use psn but youll get banned most likely so... ya the vita checks to see if the ps3 is signed in to psn before it will allow the install if not it refuses the install
My PS3 isn't banned from PSN, but that's not a bad idea.
Actually if your ps3 is not banned and you have cfw you can go on psn BUT this is a big BUT there is a high precent that youll get banned not just the ps3 ether your whole psn account and any others on the ps3 aswell so even if you unban the ps3 via console id the second you connect to your psn account again bam ps3 banned quite possible the ps3 mac addy will be ban this time anyway if these risk dont worry you then atleast use extreme caution when using cfw ps3 online....on a side topic:
speaking of the cfw in the emulator is the cfw a full blown psp CFW or are there things that have been removed? like xmb etc etc.
as i have never had the cfw pleasure on my vita.
Advertising
PsVita 1: OLED Model 3G [3.36] [PSN?: Y]
PsVita 2: OLED Model 3G [mOFW3.00/eCFW] [PSN? :N]
mlc

Post by mlc »

DarkenLX wrote: speaking of the cfw in the emulator is the cfw a full blown psp CFW or are there things that have been removed? like xmb etc etc.
as i have never had the cfw pleasure on my vita.
Depends on the exploit, I believe. TN-V fully emulates a PSP, complete with the XMB and everything, but the prior exploits used user created menus like ymenu (just like with the user mode exploits) only with the added ability of launching ISOs in addition to homebrew.
Advertising
snakekill77

Post by snakekill77 »

I'm in the same boat - I'm on 2.02 with UNO exploit and I can't find Gamocrazy in CMA to transfer. I'm not upgrading because I don't want to lose CEF
Alpmaster

Post by Alpmaster »

ViRGE wrote:
Mister X wrote:So far I've managed to download the game on the PS3, but I can't see it when I connect the PSVita to it, it's not in Applications in any subcategory, any ideas?
It sounds like you're blocked too. Otherwise it would be under Applications->PSP/Other->Downloaded
Nope im not blocked Sony has prevented the mini from showing up.
I had to install it to my Psvita.
The only way i can see =[
Game On!
windgust

Post by windgust »

hi all im just letting you know i got legit ps3 with the latest firmware but my ps vita is 2.02 i think it might be the ps vita firmware. cuz it dont show up on my ps vita when trying to transfer it dont show up at all just them other ones weird i think.
ViRGE

Post by ViRGE »

windgust wrote:hi all im just letting you know i got legit ps3 with the latest firmware but my ps vita is 2.02 i think it might be the ps vita firmware. cuz it dont show up on my ps vita when trying to transfer it dont show up at all just them other ones weird i think.
Well I'm glad this isn't just me. But I guess this firmly establishes that Gamocracy requires a minimum firmware higher than 2.02, which all things considered doesn't make a bit of sense. :| Sony got lucky on this one.
djgerry300

Post by djgerry300 »

I think you'll indeed need 2.12 to be able to copy it to your vita.
I have OFW on ps3 and vita and I was able to download it to my ps3 and then copying it to my vita.
Sesquipedalian

Post by Sesquipedalian »

I have FW 2.05, and the open transfer is not working for me either. :(

Though I bought and downloaded Gamocracy onto my PS3, it does not appear in my PSP/Minis list on my PSVita when the two are connected.
Alpmaster

Post by Alpmaster »

windgust wrote:hi all im just letting you know i got legit ps3 with the latest firmware but my ps vita is 2.02 i think it might be the ps vita firmware. cuz it dont show up on my ps vita when trying to transfer it dont show up at all just them other ones weird i think.
I have 2.12 Firmware so that is not the case about early firmwares.

I beleive SONY has done something with security measure to prevent us using minis to exploit from PS3 to Psvita.
Game On!
Alpmaster

Post by Alpmaster »

djgerry300 wrote:I think you'll indeed need 2.12 to be able to copy it to your vita.
I have OFW on ps3 and vita and I was able to download it to my ps3 and then copying it to my vita.
How did you do that? Are you from the U.S?
Game On!

Return to “Programming and Security”