Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

What do we need to Put Sound on PSX?

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
wartaf

Re: What do we need to Put Sound on PSX?

Post by wartaf »

yeah, it's difficult!! i cant even find a good source for it..

btw, how can i help developing it??
Advertising
PS Vita white 1.81 FW + eCFW (Gravity Crash Portable)

ako'y isang Pinoy ONE PIECE fan
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

well are you proficient in any programming languages?
I belive CB is using C for this
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
wartaf

Post by wartaf »

if it is PL, i have no problem on coding it, i only need the basic of how PSP and PS1 sound is working.. :D

Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

Yea I dont know what he did either, but if we did we'd have sound by now. It took him 4 months of straight coding just to get it to a "buggy" stage. So my advice is just wait until they do it and then investigate how it works if thats all youre interested in.
Last edited by Jd8531 on Wed May 15, 2013 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
wartaf

Post by wartaf »

Jd8531 wrote:Yea I dont know what he did either, but if we did wed have sound by now. It took him 4 months of straight coding just to get it to a "buggy" stage. So my advice is just wait until they do it and then investigate how it works if thats all your interested in.
can't wait for it :D also i wish i could help :D btw, who are those people working on it?

Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

Originally I think it was just Coldbird, could of been some others in TP. Right now until he officially gets back its in the hands of TN to polish and work on.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

coldbird simply ported peops to the PSP and loaded all sound processing to the CPU as lack of media engine. But he never really got to polish it or implement some missing stuff (XA audio being one iirc). On the PSP, PS1 sound was done by media engine to leave the CPU handling other important tasks and thus keeping a good framerate, but on the Vita the CPU will have to do everything, although I don't think it'll bother framerate much as the vita overclocks the CPU around 500MHz, this should compensate the extra load that sound requires. But again, only two people have the ability to work on this, coldbird and TN, but they both are busy right now.
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

Acid_Snake wrote:coldbird simply ported peops to the PSP and loaded all sound processing to the CPU as lack of media engine. But he never really got to polish it or implement some missing stuff (XA audio being one iirc). On the PSP, PS1 sound was done by media engine to leave the CPU handling other important tasks and thus keeping a good framerate, but on the Vita the CPU will have to do everything, although I don't think it'll bother framerate much as the vita overclocks the CPU around 500MHz, this should compensate the extra load that sound requires. But again, only two people have the ability to work on this, coldbird and TN, but they both are busy right now.
lets see 15 days from may, 30 days from june and 2 days of july = 47 days
necropost? :lol:

where does everyone get all this info on the hardware? even yapsp doesn't go into detail about this peops stuff
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
pspfanMOHH

Post by pspfanMOHH »

hgoel0974 wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:coldbird simply ported peops to the PSP and loaded all sound processing to the CPU as lack of media engine. But he never really got to polish it or implement some missing stuff (XA audio being one iirc). On the PSP, PS1 sound was done by media engine to leave the CPU handling other important tasks and thus keeping a good framerate, but on the Vita the CPU will have to do everything, although I don't think it'll bother framerate much as the vita overclocks the CPU around 500MHz, this should compensate the extra load that sound requires. But again, only two people have the ability to work on this, coldbird and TN, but they both are busy right now.
lets see 15 days from may, 30 days from june and 2 days of july = 47 days
necropost? :lol:

where does everyone get all this info on the hardware? even yapsp doesn't go into detail about this peops stuff
So go to google and types this quote in search bar with the name hgoel0974
even yapsp doesn't go into detail about this peops stuff
10 years young!

Return to “Programming and Security”