Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

openCMA for Linux

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Re: openCMA for Linux

Post by Acid_Snake »

fate6 wrote:
onnz423 wrote: Im telling the truth. Win has loads of viruses and malware and linux has only few. PS. Windows is an virus :D
enough ok you dont like windows we get it
anymore off topic posts will result in a warning
fate6 is right, we all know windows sucks but we must only say that once or twice every thread, otherwise windows fanboys will start a flamewar and the thread derails, we don't want that
hgoel0974 wrote:I still find it convenient to have a GUI (so, I am making one)
how are you "making" one? you either do it or don't, it takes literally 5 minutes to make a GUI for such a small app (in terms of user interactivity)
Advertising
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

Acid_Snake wrote:
how are you "making" one? you either do it or don't, it takes literally 5 minutes to make a GUI for such a small app (in terms of user interactivity)
It takes 5 minutes to make one, 5 more minutes to make sure it works correctly and 5 minutes to upload, that is 15 minutes in total, waaaaaay too long to do in a single go :lol:
Advertising
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
Theredbaron

Post by Theredbaron »

hgoel0974 wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:
It takes 5 minutes to make one, 5 more minutes to make sure it works correctly and 5 minutes to upload, that is 15 minutes in total, waaaaaay too long to do in a single go :lol:
ADHD....
Vita 3G - 4GB/8GB - 3.00 TN-V
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

hgoel0974 wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:
dang you're right, way too much work to do at once, you must rest at least a week or two every 5 minutes
jvhellraiser

Post by jvhellraiser »

I install Linux Ubuntu 13,04 to try this, It lasted 15 minutes on my Laptop.
then i reinstall win7 you guys don't know what i have to go throw when i
try to install this thing,

1, I access installer directly once installation was finish Ubuntu 13.04 stay freeze on grub.
2, i try to reinstall it by entering live and installing without giving any updates to Ubuntu 13.04
it install this time but when i try to access the internet by Wifi it totally sucks at it. i mean i have
15 mb of internet connection and this thing is going like if i had 256 of internet connection.
it look it nice and cool but in no way i would stay on this OS for sure, then i went to AskUbuntu
and no one knew how to fix this issue with Ubuntu + Wifi is funny cause this is there OS.
so at the end i never try OpenCMA for Linux, i had never unistall and Os so fast in my life
Wifi and Ubuntu forget it. installing flash took half and hour in Ubuntu 13.04.

Like my best friend says Bunker's, Stupid Ubuntu! :lol:
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

jvhellraiser wrote:I install Linux Ubuntu 13,04 to try this, It lasted 15 minutes on my Laptop.

1, I access installer directly once installation was finish Ubuntu 13.04 stay freeze on grub.
2, i try to reinstall it by entering live and installing without giving any updates to Ubuntu 13.04
it install this time but when i try to access the internet by Wifi it totally sucks at it. i mean i have
15 mb of internet connection and this thing is going like if i had 256 of internet connection.
it look it nice and cool but in no way i would stay on this OS for sure, then i went to AskUbuntu
and no one knew how to fix this issue with Ubuntu + Wifi is funny cause this is there OS.
so at the end i never try OpenCMA for Linux, i had never unistall and Os so fast in my life

Although I didn't understand what you meant to say, I DID understand that you are judging an entire range of OSes based on one linux distro which gave you trouble. Never do that ;) If you're really want to see if Linux is for you, you should try out atleast three different distros (just look at me, I have already tried 4-5 distros and have Fedora 18, Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7 installed on one computer!)
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

hgoel0974 wrote:I have already tried 4-5 distros and have Fedora 18, Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7 installed on one computer!)
Then whats stopping you from making that GUI?
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

SMOKE wrote:
hgoel0974 wrote:I have already tried 4-5 distros and have Fedora 18, Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7 installed on one computer!)
Then whats stopping you from making that GUI?
Acid_Snake wrote: dang you're right, way too much work to do at once, you must rest at least a week or two every 5 minutes
I know how hard it is on you, but I am a very lazy person :(
jvhellraiser

Post by jvhellraiser »

hgoel0974 wrote:
jvhellraiser wrote:I install Linux Ubuntu 13,04 to try this, It lasted 15 minutes on my Laptop.

Although I didn't understand what you meant to say, I DID understand that you are judging an entire range of OSes based on one linux distro which gave you trouble. Never do that ;) If you're really want to see if Linux is for you, you should try out atleast three different distros (just look at me, I have already tried 4-5 distros and have Fedora 18, Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7 installed on one computer!)
Sorry but if your are talking about kubuntu and the other like i have try them before
the best one i did like was Ubuntu and right now Ubuntu is having problem's if you have
a Wifi connection like i said before for example i have 15mb of internet connection but
with Ubuntu and using wifi the speed of my connection is like if i had 56kb's Slow really
slow. i am not saying Ubuntu is Bad cause i have use Linux before, from writing with fire
the screen to seeing snow falling etc and many other stuff, is that this Ubuntu 13.04 is
really,really bad if you are using a Wifi Antenna like me and Alpha Antenna you will see
what i am talking about when you need to update Ubuntu and that wont happen cause
the Wifi connection is worst that a turtle Slow.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Kubuntu is just Ubuntu pre-packaged with KDE
its not another distro, try OpenSuse if Ubuntu gives you trouble or Fedora
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “Programming and Security”