Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Are you Sick Of Gaming Companys Ripping Us Off?

Everything that is PS4-related but doesn't go in any other subforum

How Many People Are Sick Of Gaming Companys Ripping Us Off?

Yes i am tired of it
43%
No i like them taking my money and giving me less
6%
I just do not care chill out man =D
18%
I agree i want to stay a Retro Gamer
12%
I will not be buying the PS4 or the Xbox 720
20%

Total votes: 49

Goteki 45

Re: Are you Sick Of Gaming Companys Ripping Us Off?

Post by Goteki 45 »

Alpmaster wrote:
Goteki 45 wrote:So I noticed. Lol I will admit though, the responses on this thread are much better than the ones from vitaforum
Yeah a lot of people actually said they wanted me to add a POLL choice Sony is not Ripping us off :roll:
THAT PSJamesMysterio is not being a reasonable guy...
Ignore PSJames, he just likes to argue. Still, good on you for staying retro 8-)
Advertising
Future Proof

Been waiting since 3/25/2012 :(
Alpmaster

Post by Alpmaster »

Goteki 45 wrote:
Alpmaster wrote:
Goteki 45 wrote:So I noticed. Lol I will admit though, the responses on this thread are much better than the ones from vitaforum
Yeah a lot of people actually said they wanted me to add a POLL choice Sony is not Ripping us off :roll:
THAT PSJamesMysterio is not being a reasonable guy...
Ignore PSJames, he just likes to argue. Still, good on you for staying retro 8-)
Thanks i appreciate it because i am getting burned by a lot of members like brain tumor and it got me pretty aggravated with with what he said.
Advertising
Game On!
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

All I know is that you're a WipEout player :D (Like me)

Anyway, I don't believe that this discussion will make any difference. If they are ripping us off, they'll keep on doing it, if they aren't, well, they might not do it later or maybe they will.

Oh, and your poll is clearly biased. It is like trying to force people into saying that they feel that they are being ripped off. Instead of "No, I like them taking more money and giving me less" (which doesn't even make sense because you are just buying another SINGLE item, it would be like saying I bought a computer for $500 but it was 'less' than one computer) try something like "No, I don't believe that I am being ripped off" ;)
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
Archaga

Post by Archaga »

Definitely need to calm down. While I agree that BC on PS4 would be nice, the architecture is just too different to even begin to emulate the PS3 and to expensive to add hardware to it to make it able to do so. They constantly make new versions of already existing consoles like the PSP Go to reach certain consumers they haven't reached yet and provide a convenience to others. As for PS2 emulation, the PS3 had it until they took it out to make it cheaper since consumers complained about the price, and I highly doubt the PS VIta can emulate a PS2 environment to run the games as-is.

That said, I do agree that zero PSN support on the PS4 is a *** move. While I like cloud service, getting rid of an already existing and widely used feature in their current 2 consoles is a terrible choice for money over customer loyalty. They've practically said they could easily add PS1 support, and maybe even PS2 (PS3 is out of the question of course), but they're simply choosing not to. Heck, I have pretty good internet speed but no way a cloud system can provide anywhere near as good performance as having the game in the console, maybe when Google Fiber is everywhere then this won't be an issue (future, please get here faster).

I thought you were going to talk about console makers in general or how game developers and publishing companies milk games and purposely withhold features until we fork over cash. But you're simply bashing 1 company over one console. Sony is not ripping us off, they are stating what it's going to offer, and when they tell you the price you can decide if it's worth getting or not. If you already have all those things on your PS3/Vita then your asking Sony to provide a convenience you don't need at their expense. A new Sony customer buying the PS4 isn't losing out since they don't have previous games. As much as I, like everyone else, would like BC and PSN purchases to roll over, a PS4 is primarily meant for PS4 games and that's what I intend on getting it for. If people protest enough and show discontent with a paid cloud subscription, we could possible get PSN back. If not, it shows that Clouding works, that people are willing to pay for it, and that it was a profitable move on Sony's behalf.

To whoever said the the Vita UI sucks, I agree. It's terrible. I want XMB back, just enhanced.
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

Archaga wrote: I highly doubt the PS VIta can emulate a PS2 environment to run the games as-is.
The Vita CAN possibly emulate a PS2 environment because of how well it is able to emulate the PSP, acc. to Sony, the PSP architecture is quite similar to the PS2 (I can't find where I read it but It was on the playstation website) and the PSV emulates the PSP quite well so theoretically, it can emulate a PS2.
Archaga

Post by Archaga »

hgoel0974 wrote:
Archaga wrote: I highly doubt the PS VIta can emulate a PS2 environment to run the games as-is.
The Vita CAN possibly emulate a PS2 environment because of how well it is able to emulate the PSP, acc. to Sony, the PSP architecture is quite similar to the PS2 (I can't find where I read it but It was on the playstation website) and the PSV emulates the PSP quite well so theoretically, it can emulate a PS2.
If that's the case, it would very nice if they found a way to actually do it. Still skeptical, but sure would be awesome to play SotC (among a few other games) on the go.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

hgoel0974 wrote:
it's not the same. Yes the PSP and PS2 have a very similar CPU (both MIPS), but the graphic cards is different, the PSP one is a lot easier to handle and emulate, but the PS2 one is a lot more complicated. If a PS2 emu is indeed created, it'll have more or less the same compatibility as the PS3 (around 30%)
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

Acid_Snake wrote:
hgoel0974 wrote:
it's not the same. Yes the PSP and PS2 have a very similar CPU (both MIPS), but the graphic cards is different, the PSP one is a lot easier to handle and emulate, but the PS2 one is a lot more complicated. If a PS2 emu is indeed created, it'll have more or less the same compatibility as the PS3 (around 30%)
30% acc. to me, is quite nice, better than 0% ;) :lol:
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

Perhaps to you, but for Sony, it would be a constant headache having to answer "why X game can't run", "why Z game is not on PSN", etc etc
There was alot of good PS2 games, and with just 30% success rates, there are going to be alot of unhappy people when they find their fave game doesn't work/isn't available.

The viability of maintaining a 2 generations old system with only 30% of its game supply able to run sounds financially shaky.
Easier to simply not support it like the PS3, and port the few extremely popular ones.

That's not to say it wouldn't be neat to have some games work well, but keep in mind, this isn't the PS3 with a DVD drive. If you're getting these games, its through the PSN, and entirely at Sony's mercy as to what games will be available.
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

jc_gargma wrote:Perhaps to you, but for Sony, it would be a constant headache having to answer "why X game can't run", "why Z game is not on PSN", etc etc
There was alot of good PS2 games, and with just 30% success rates, there are going to be alot of unhappy people when they find their fave game doesn't work/isn't available.
Well, Doesn't Sony have generic messages for most of their things? They could probably afford to set up an auto-responder for a message which contains 'Why ... [this game] won't work' It'd handle 90% of the 'spam'

Plus, if they add it but don't advertise it as a huge feature, people won't really care. The only reason I can come up with for why they haven't implemented this is because PS2 games are quite large.

Return to “General”