Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules: Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
#263282 by yifanlu
Fri May 03, 2013 6:03 am
Just uploaded to github the latest source that removes libmtp dependency. All you need is libusb and libxml to compile (directions as a reminder is in INSTALL). You linux users, please try again to compile.
Advertising
#263304 by SMOKE
Fri May 03, 2013 12:03 pm
yifanlu wrote:You linux users, please try again to compile.

Imma try it now, thanks

EDIT:
It says pthread not found.
Code: Select allchecking for iconv declaration...
         extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, char * *inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
configure: API documentation will not be generated
checking if the host operating system is Darwin... no
checking for pthread_create... no
configure: error: pthread not found

Ive googled it, but cant find anything to fix it
Advertising
#263318 by codestation
Fri May 03, 2013 1:58 pm
SMOKE wrote:It says pthread not found.
         extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, char * *inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);

Add the line
Code: Select allAC_CHECK_LIB(pthread, pthread_create)

Before
Code: Select allAC_CHECK_FUNC([pthread_create], [], [AC_MSG_ERROR([pthread not found])])

in the configure.ac file and it will pass the check. Of course there is still the error in the autogen.sh script....

Code: Select allconfigure.ac:79: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_NEED_BYTEORDER_H
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.

And this error makes the configure script to fail. Now i remember why i hate autotools....
#263335 by SMOKE
Fri May 03, 2013 4:37 pm
It still says pthread not found:
smoke@smoke:~/Desktop/VitaMTP$
#263339 by yifanlu
Fri May 03, 2013 5:02 pm
codestation wrote:
SMOKE wrote:It says pthread not found.

Add the line
Code: Select allAC_CHECK_LIB(pthread, pthread_create)

Before
Code: Select allAC_CHECK_FUNC([pthread_create], [], [AC_MSG_ERROR([pthread not found])])

in the configure.ac file and it will pass the check. Of course there is still the error in the autogen.sh script....

Code: Select allconfigure.ac:79: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_NEED_BYTEORDER_H
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.

And this error makes the configure script to fail. Now i remember why i hate autotools....

If you think /you/ hate it when using it, think of /me/ when I'm writing it. These tools are complete BS, but they're what the cool kids use.
#263419 by codestation
Sat May 04, 2013 5:30 am
yifanlu wrote:If you think /you/ hate it when using it, think of /me/ when I'm writing it. These tools are complete BS, but they're what the cool kids use.

I tried to help trying to write a cmake replacement when i noticed that ptp depends on autotools a lot (the gphoto2-endian.h is generated by m4 who is run/created by configure....ugh).

I found the cause of my last error: the byteorder.m4 and stdint.m4 aren't included in your git repo. I don't have these on my system so i assume that those are custom m4 files that you probably have to include in the source tree. Anyway, i updated my archlinux package so opencma builds again :D, gonna ttest/debug the directory creation tomorrow since is too late now (1:00am).
#263427 by yifanlu
Sat May 04, 2013 7:12 am
codestation wrote:
yifanlu wrote:If you think /you/ hate it when using it, think of /me/ when I'm writing it. These tools are complete BS, but they're what the cool kids use.

I tried to help trying to write a cmake replacement when i noticed that ptp depends on autotools a lot (the gphoto2-endian.h is generated by m4 who is run/created by configure....ugh).

I found the cause of my last error: the byteorder.m4 and stdint.m4 aren't included in your git repo. I don't have these on my system so i assume that those are custom m4 files that you probably have to include in the source tree. Anyway, i updated my archlinux package so opencma builds again :D, gonna ttest/debug the directory creation tomorrow since is too late now (1:00am).

Yeah, latest commit added these .m4 files. Now working on documentation and stuff.

I installed Ubuntu and compiled it successfully. Here's the directions: https://github.com/yifanlu/VitaMTP/wiki ... g-on-Linux
Here's the tar.gz if you don't want to install autotools: https://sites.google.com/a/yifanlu.com/ ... ects=0&d=1
#263455 by yifanlu
Sat May 04, 2013 10:44 am
Acid_Snake wrote:btw, I don't know if it's a bug in OCMA or my vita's USB cable, but yesterday I wasn't able to get it to run, it gave me segmentation fault, it took me a lot of retries before it worked again

It would be helpful if you have a debug log or something. Otherwise I can't do anything about it.