Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Thoughts on Soul Sacrifice (Killer App or not)

Discuss official PS Vita games here

Do you think Soul Sacrifice is the "Killer App" the Vita has needed?

Yes, it is a system seller!
26%
Its a must buy that might help Vita sales.
43%
Just another average Vita game.
29%
This game is horrible/boring/repetitive.
3%
Nothing Sony does can save the Vita.
No votes

Total votes: 35

jvhellraiser

Re: Thoughts on Soul Sacrifice (Killer App or not)

Post by jvhellraiser »

for me is not all that and that's the true, I believe this game is good and
it will sell but not that good I am playing the demo and I totally got tired
of it after 3 fights, I see that it repeats a lot, the missions are just the same
read the book, get a mission, kill the monster and repeat again and again until
you finish the game. I feel the story is just to plain I stop playing it because I find
Ninja Slasher more interesting than this game is more fun for me, Sony you want to
surprise me? give a Bioshock or if you can't cause you don't want to give me a Kingdom
Hearts HD and I will get it first day it releases.

Soul Sacrifice is a repetitive game, with good humor/good weapons/magic and bad story line
definitely not a console seller, battles feels repetitive in most of time just different bosses.

Game rate : Average
Score 4/5
Advertising
St33lDr4g0n

Post by St33lDr4g0n »

This game is AWESOME :mrgreen:

There's a crapload of content, controls are easy to get used to, the story line is very well-built, and it's easy to communicate with teammates in Multiplayer (And I thought the demo was big :shock: )

Only complaint I have is in the boss battles, where sometimes the monster will manage to trap you in a corner and repeatedly attack (ex. Slime, when on certain maps )

My rating: 9/10
Advertising
-PSP 3000 (03g): 6.61 PRO-C2
-PSP go (05g): 6.61 PRO-C2
-PCH [PS VITA] 1001: OFW 3.XX

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Archaga

Post by Archaga »

I was very excited for it, and I had a blast playing the demo.
But now that I have the full version and it's definitely not what I had hoped for. I was somewhat intrigued by the little story I got to play with on the demo but from what I've progressed on retail, I simply don't care for it anymore.
Maybe I haven't unlocked enough online missions but so far it's always the same 3 common monster with different elements. Same thing goes for the bosses, The Griffin is just a Harpy with flash, The gargoyle is just a stone Jack-o-Lantern. It already feels repetitive and getting new spells isn't as rewarding as I expected. It all boils down to grinding if you're not strong enough for a campaign mission, on the other hand online missions are hardly ever failed. And hosts >.>, oh god the hosts. There's been so many games when the host simply just sucks and we must sacrifice him to finish of the monster and he/she cancels the mission, 3 times now the host has canceled the mission the moment we kill the monster.

I was hoping this would settle the Monster Hunter itch, but alas, it hasn't.
UraniumDude

Post by UraniumDude »

I am still planning to buy the game. But, the problem is should I get Hard Copy from my retail store or through PSN.
Zephyr9227

Post by Zephyr9227 »

I don't honestly believe that there is any one game on any system that sells the system. That being said, Soul Sacrifice is a really fun game if you don't mind repetitiveness. Remember, a game being repetitive IS NOT INHERENTLY BAD. If a game were to be fresh and new every 2 seconds it wouldn't be that great, because the rules would constantly be changing forcing you to constantly adapt, and some people don't like that. I think this a game the Vita sorely needed, a fresh, new IP that you can only get on Vita, with great multiplayer, a neat story, and combat mechanics not quite like anything out there. There are quite a few minor gameplay mechanics I wouldn't have gone with, such as how the lock on system works, but overall this game is a must buy if you own a Vita.
jvhellraiser

Post by jvhellraiser »

I don't honestly believe that there is any one game on any system that sells the system
Not so true at all,

PS1 : The release of Final Fantasy 7,Tekken 2, Mortal Kombat triology (others I haven't mention)
Ps2 : The release of Kingdom Hearts, God of War, Final Fantasy X (others I haven't mention)

I had friends telling me that they will buy a Psvita just to get a New Final Fantasy Game on the Psvita.
and this is only Final Fantasy imagine if we get a New kingdom Hearts sale will go up just to have this game
and a brand New God of war for Psvita will make Psvita sales go up like crazy, I bet that if I release

New kingdom Hearts
New God of War
New Okami
New Final Fantasy
New Street Fighter for Psvita.
New Resident Evil
New Silent Hill (a remake from the first one in HD)
New GTA

only with those games people will go nuts buying the Psvita
I tell you cause I would do the same and this is only 7 games.
imagine if Sony releases something like Devil May Cry for Psvita
or even better a Gran Turismo for Psvita.

Sony will kill 3DS sales in a instant with only 9 game release
Zephyr9227

Post by Zephyr9227 »

jvhellraiser wrote:
I don't honestly believe that there is any one game on any system that sells the system
Not so true at all,

PS1 : The release of Final Fantasy 7,Tekken 2, Mortal Kombat triology (others I haven't mention)
Ps2 : The release of Kingdom Hearts, God of War, Final Fantasy X (others I haven't mention)

I had friends telling me that they will buy a Psvita just to get a New Final Fantasy Game on the Psvita.
and this is only Final Fantasy imagine if we get a New kingdom Hearts sale will go up just to have this game
and a brand New God of war for Psvita will make Psvita sales go up like crazy, I bet that if I release

New kingdom Hearts
New God of War
New Okami
New Final Fantasy
New Resident Evil
New GTA

I disagree. I don't think there's really any game that would make me say "Yeah, I want to plunk down $300 just to play that and only that." While the games you mentioned are all great and do help sell the system, they do it as a combined whole, not as a single unit. And if you're buying a system just for Tekken then...ya dun goofed :lol:

I totally disagree about the 3DS though. The 3DS has A LOT going for it right now. Nintendo has very recently strongly supported the system, and it's not going anywhere I'm afraid. Sony could compete with them, but thats about it. Nintendo has always had a stranglehold on the portable market.
jvhellraiser

Post by jvhellraiser »

Zephyr9227 wrote:
jvhellraiser wrote:
Not so true at all,

New kingdom Hearts
New God of War
New Okami
New Final Fantasy
New Resident Evil
New GTA

I disagree. I don't think there's really any game that would make me say "Yeah, I want to plunk down $300 just to play that and only that." While the games you mentioned are all great and do help sell the system, they do it as a combined whole, not as a single unit. And if you're buying a system just for Tekken then...ya dun goofed :lol:

I totally disagree about the 3DS though. The 3DS has A LOT going for it right now. Nintendo has very recently strongly supported the system, and it's not going anywhere I'm afraid. Sony could compete with them, but thats about it. Nintendo has always had a stranglehold on the portable market.
I will tell you what they told me just now at the university,

I buy the PS1 only because FF7 came out if not I would had never had one.
The only reason I got a GameCube was because of Resident Evil 0 if not maybe I would had never buy it.
My friend sister I got a Nintendo 64 only to play Smash Brothers I love it :lol: :lol:
The only reason I got the 360 was because of Halo and Gear of Wars.
I got me a PS2 because I want to play God of War and Resident Evil 4. :lol: true I did that too.
I buy me a Snes again in year 2013 just to play Super Metroid :shock: :lol:
I buy me a Dreamcast Because I want it to play Resident Evil Code Veronica and Marvel vs Capcom 2. :mrgreen: true

This are thought's of some of my friends every single one
had a specific game and 1 reason to buy the console at first.
eighthdayregret

Post by eighthdayregret »

Killer app?
I dunno about that. I think Soul Sacrifice is awesomely fun and quite addictive, but I think the fact that it's a Monster Hunter/Gods Eater Burst/Lord of Arcana clone keeps it from having the mass appeal a killer app would require.
But I do think that anyone waiting for a Mh/GEB/LA clone to come out for the Vita in order to buy one could finally be convinced to pick up a Vita.

If it means anything, I've never pre-ordered a video game before Soul Sacrifice in my whole gaming life, and not only did I pre-order it, but I haven't played any other Vita or PSP games since I got it.

I think with the right promotion and/or word-of-mouth, Soul Sacrifice could sell more than a few PS Vitas.
Vita WiFi/3G - 8GB - 32GB - OFW 3.36 - PS+
GoW PSP-2000 - 2GB - 8GB - 2x16GB - 2x16GB - 6.61 ME-2.3
multiboy2k

Post by multiboy2k »

I think that this game is AWESOME.
Like others have already said, I literally cant stop playing it.
And, I love Monster Hunter(1400+hours).

But, SS has a ton of atmosphere and when it is NOT being compared to Monster Hunter, it is a more than worthy addition to the Vita library. The voice work, story, music, and some of the art all remind me of some hellish nitemare battle taking place in Morrowind/Skyrim. This game shows the potential of what could be done on the Vita with some time, effort, and patience. Im extremely pleased and already looking forward to the tons of dlc. Afterwhich, I will be first in line for the sequel. Which I hope has even more story and things to read in the Book/librom. Not all of us just want to hack stuff. I actually love reading the storys and seeing how the battles play out in conjunction.

I give the game a clean 8.5/10.

Return to “Games”