Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

openCMA for Linux

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: openCMA for Linux

Post by fate6 »

eviloce wrote:mountI think the sudo issue in Ubuntu may be a usb mount permissions issue. Try sudo chown "USER" /media/"WHEREVER" where your name for user and the mount location.

hmm is this directed at me?
well if it is then sorry but I use OpenSuse
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

Ok, so Im on 2.11 now, and when I connect my Vita to my pc, it says I need to update the CMA app
Advertising
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

I just made a package for Archlinux: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/vitamtp-git/

Fixed all the linux problems and made a patch, also it doesn't need root access anymore. (gonna add the patch to the issue tracker soon).
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

FYI, latest public binary doesn't work on 2.11 because the protocol changed. I've added support for the new stuff plus I'm in the process of removing libmtp dependency (so its smaller and easier to compile).
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

now I feel like I should have kept Arch >__<
oh well will be looking forward to it ^__^
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

yifanlu wrote:FYI, latest public binary doesn't work on 2.11 because the protocol changed. I've added support for the new stuff plus I'm in the process of removing libmtp dependency (so its smaller and easier to compile).
I didn't noticed that libmtp was being removed (since is called from the configure/makefile scripts). I will follow your commits so i can update my AUR package when you finish the libmtp drop.

Are you planning to add directory creation to the opencma client? I see that the backup/restore fails if APP/<g_uuid> and SYSTEM/<g_uuid> aren't present.
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

codestation wrote:
yifanlu wrote:FYI, latest public binary doesn't work on 2.11 because the protocol changed. I've added support for the new stuff plus I'm in the process of removing libmtp dependency (so its smaller and easier to compile).
I didn't noticed that libmtp was being removed (since is called from the configure/makefile scripts). I will follow your commits so i can update my AUR package when you finish the libmtp drop.

Are you planning to add directory creation to the opencma client? I see that the backup/restore fails if APP/<g_uuid> and SYSTEM/<g_uuid> aren't present.
If that's true it must be a bug. Opencma should create the folders.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

well it doesn't, I had to copy-paste a windows CMA folders into linux to be able to use it
Theredbaron

Post by Theredbaron »

codestation wrote:I just made a package for Archlinux: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/vitamtp-git/

Fixed all the linux problems and made a patch, also it doesn't need root access anymore. (gonna add the patch to the issue tracker soon).
Well, I am about to try Arch, as 13.04 seems a bust for me, so I will try it.

Never could get open CMA to work under Ubuntu, I hope to have better luck. Sucks booting up a VM everytime I want to copy something over.
Vita 3G - 4GB/8GB - 3.00 TN-V
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

Theredbaron wrote:Sucks booting up a VM everytime I want to copy something over.
IKR!!

Return to “Programming and Security”