Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

HELP getting psp homebrew to run on cfw ps3

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
harryoke

HELP getting psp homebrew to run on cfw ps3

Post by harryoke »

hi my name is harryoke and i am a member of ps3hax ...we have recently been able to run psp games on cfw ps3 without the use of the cobra dongle .... we would be grateful for any help your talented dev's could give us...please feel free to join us on ps3hax and discuss this matter .... here is a link http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=54220 hope to see you their.
Advertising
BlackDaemon

Re: HELP getting psp homebrew to run on cfw ps3

Post by BlackDaemon »

Actually, it's possible now, but it requires one important thing - signed executable should be placed into image (disc0:/PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/EBOOT.BIN) and converted into eboot.pbp using fake_np. ErikPshat from pspx somehow managed to sign it properly, (discussion thread there) and as you can see below it's working:
I also tried it myself using seboot and PrxEncrypter, but encountered following issue:
1. Using seboot or PrxEncrypter sign executable and replace eboot.bin in any PSP image.
2. Run this image on PSP with CFW. <-first kind of "wall" which you could hit - error 0x80020148 or PSP just freezed. This means, that executable is not properly signed. If it works, going to last checkpoint.
3. Using fake_np make eboot.pbp from image and run it on OFW. <-there also could be error 0x80020148 appear. Otherwise it's ready for testing on PS3.
Advertising
BlackDaemon

Post by BlackDaemon »

Okay, here we go. ;) How it works:
1. Unpack archive contents to any directory.
2. Grab provided prx file (from "!tested" folders), place it to root folder and rename to DATA.prx
3. Run "SIGN.BAT", and grab EBOOT.BIN
4. Using UMDGen open any psp game image and replace EBOOT.BIN to this one (path PSP_GAME/SYSDIR)
5. Save image as iso, and using fake_np make eboot.pbp.
PrxEncrypter_mod.7z
(152.76 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

congrats guys. I've been following this as closely as my free time allows. I might not have time to help myself, but just a heads up that this is very exciting progress :)
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
harryoke

Post by harryoke »

thanks @wololo ....it is great news...we are now trying to get other homebrew like DaedalusX64 running , if you have any suggestions we would love your input...again thanks for the support :)
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

Like Wololo, said this is exciting. I'll be watching PS3hax closely on any further progress ( PS3hax <3 ).
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
jd20dog

Post by jd20dog »

cool
keep up the interesting work
please git psp2 working though this lol
it would be awsome
and eating thrifty maid noodles because of it......seriously!?! off brand noodles.....ouch i got burned by tech support.....ouch........
harryoke

Post by harryoke »

we have now been able to make psp games more compatible by running them as psp remasters and have about a 75% success rate... but we are still struggling on the homebrew front ...(everything just black screens) we would love any input you could provide :)
harryoke

Post by harryoke »

is there any way to decrypt prx files ... :cry: we need help ... if anybody would like to join the discussion please visit ps3hax or on irc at irc.gitbrew.org
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

There's a decrypter you can use on the PSP,
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14933
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Return to “Homebrews”