Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Report TN-V bugs and issues here!

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
Jd8531

Re: Report TN-V bugs and issues here!

Post by Jd8531 »

NeonAera wrote: Yo JD! Thanks for volunteering to help me out on this one! I appreciate it. :) You devs are awesome man, I really love the exploits. By the way, the reinstall didn't work, still the same result. By the way, how do I disable CWCheat? I think I may have to try that too.

Thanks again!
No problem, But by changing the 1 to a 0 in your plugin txt but another user posted the answer in the comments, you just need to change the CPU speed :)
For those of you who have problems running games such as Tekken 6, switching the CPU Speed to Default may be a solution. Well it worked for me because at first, I changed the CPU Speed at 333/166 and Tekken 6 doesn’t work in that state so I tried to find a way to have this solution by just switching the CPU Speed to Default.
Advertising
ambrosjb

Post by ambrosjb »

First off, TN, your work here is just amazing. Thank you for all of your time and effort you put into this thing. It is much appreciated and really keeping the Vita scene alive and ALMOST killing my need for my PSP. It's so close! Everything works as expected, except for a couple of things for me.

Trying to get a few PSX games to work, notably FFVI, FFVIII, FFIX. I have FFVII working. Had FFVII installed and working before TN-V was released, which maybe makes a difference. The others I'm adding for the first time, so not sure if it would have also been an issue with TN-C. All of these are currently working flawlessly on my PSP2000 w/ 6.60 PRO-C and I even copied the files and folders directly from there and transferred to my Vita using FTP. Anyway, my issue is three-fold:

1) FFVI, FFVIII and FFIX show up as "Corrupted Data" in the Game list ("Memory Stick" menu).

2) I've tried to install popsloader to see if it would fix this issue. Created an "seplugins" folder in the root directory. That folder has the 3 pops.txt, vsh.txt and game.txt files, and a "popsloader" folder which has the popsloader.prx popscore.prx and another "modules" folder. In the recovery menu i'm able to "enable" the popsloader plugin but it does not fix my corrupted data issue and also does not seem to work when I hold "R" starting FFVII which works perfectly (minus sound obviously).

3) document.dat does not seem to work in psx emulation. when I select this from the PSX in-game menu for FFVII, I get a "corrupted" error.

Are these bugs? Is this related to the homebrew issues others are having? Yes, the eboots changed to fboot when transferred over. Any help would be great. If anyone can help me with these, I just might finally have a PSP-killing Vita!
Advertising
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

ambrosjb wrote:First off, TN, your work here is just amazing. Thank you for all of your time and effort you put into this thing. It is much appreciated and really keeping the Vita scene alive and ALMOST killing my need for my PSP. It's so close! Everything works as expected, except for a couple of things for me.

Trying to get a few PSX games to work, notably FFVI, FFVIII, FFIX. I have FFVII working. Had FFVII installed and working before TN-V was released, which maybe makes a difference. The others I'm adding for the first time, so not sure if it would have also been an issue with TN-C. All of these are currently working flawlessly on my PSP2000 w/ 6.60 PRO-C and I even copied the files and folders directly from there and transferred to my Vita using FTP. Anyway, my issue is three-fold:

1) FFVI, FFVIII and FFIX show up as "Corrupted Data" in the Game list ("Memory Stick" menu).

Are these bugs? Is this related to the homebrew issues others are having? Yes, the eboots changed to fboot when transferred over. Any help would be great. If anyone can help me with these, I just might finally have a PSP-killing Vita!
Rename the games back to FBOOT.PBP (or whatever name TN eCFW uses)
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
ambrosjb

Post by ambrosjb »

hgoel0974 wrote:
ambrosjb wrote:First off, TN, your work here is just amazing. Thank you for all of your time and effort you put into this thing. It is much appreciated and really keeping the Vita scene alive and ALMOST killing my need for my PSP. It's so close! Everything works as expected, except for a couple of things for me.

Thanks for the advice, but they are definitely FBOOT.PBP. VitaFTP automatically renamed them for me when I transferred them over. I also shortened the folders they are in so there are no spaces (e.g. "FFVIII" instead of "Final Fantasy VIII"). Still stuck...
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

ambrosjb wrote:
hgoel0974 wrote:

Thanks for the advice, but they are definitely FBOOT.PBP. VitaFTP automatically renamed them for me when I transferred them over. I also shortened the folders they are in so there are no spaces (e.g. "FFVIII" instead of "Final Fantasy VIII"). Still stuck...
and they worked before? Why not just download them from the PSN? (TN-V PSN)
ambrosjb

Post by ambrosjb »

hgoel0974 wrote:
ambrosjb wrote:
hgoel0974 wrote:
and they worked before? Why not just download them from the PSN? (TN-V PSN)
These are eboots that I made at least a few years ago using PSX2PSP so no way to transfer through PSN. I'll try to recreate the eboots again using the original CD's and see if that does anything, but again, they continue to work perfectly on my PSP2000 and I literally pulled the eboots from my PSP today, and then uploaded them to my Vita with FTP and no dice... Might just be a compatibility issue with the PSX emulator for TN-V. My understanding is that compatibility is not one for one with the Vita version yet.
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

ambrosjb wrote:
These are eboots that I made at least a few years ago using PSX2PSP so no way to transfer through PSN. I'll try to recreate the eboots again using the original CD's and see if that does anything, but again, they continue to work perfectly on my PSP2000 and I literally pulled the eboots from my PSP today, and then uploaded them to my Vita with FTP and no dice... Might just be a compatibility issue with the PSX emulator for TN-V. My understanding is that compatibility is not one for one with the Vita version yet.
The only thing I can come up with is try transferring using CMA using savedata, maybe it needs to be auto-installed by TN-V
NeonAera

Post by NeonAera »

Jd8531 wrote:
NeonAera wrote: Yo JD! Thanks for volunteering to help me out on this one! I appreciate it. :) You devs are awesome man, I really love the exploits. By the way, the reinstall didn't work, still the same result. By the way, how do I disable CWCheat? I think I may have to try that too.

Thanks again!
No problem, But by changing the 1 to a 0 in your plugin txt but another user posted the answer in the comments, you just need to change the CPU speed :)
For those of you who have problems running games such as Tekken 6, switching the CPU Speed to Default may be a solution. Well it worked for me because at first, I changed the CPU Speed at 333/166 and Tekken 6 doesn’t work in that state so I tried to find a way to have this solution by just switching the CPU Speed to Default.
Heya JD, I see.. but I just checked my CPU speed on TN-V and it is all on Default already. So the loading issue is still there. Maybe the Tekken 6 PSP back up I have is a newer type with better security.. :( Any other ideas?
▬ PSVita 1000 » OFW 3.60 → TaiHEN, Adrenaline [Talkman Travel: Tokyo]
▬ PSTV » OFW 3.20 → TN-V [Patapon 2]
▬ PSP Street E1000
▬ PSPgo » CFW 6.60 → PRO-C
▬ PSPslim 3000 » CFW 6.60 → PRO-C
▬ PSPslim 2000 » CFW 5.50 → Prometheus
▬ PSP 1000 » CFW 3.40 → OE-A
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

NeonAera wrote: Heya JD, I see.. but I just checked my CPU speed on TN-V and it is all on Default already. So the loading issue is still there. Maybe the Tekken 6 PSP back up I have is a newer type with better security.. :( Any other ideas?
Try to find a patch for m33 and then patch the ISO
divinefist

Post by divinefist »

Hi guys I'm using Gravity Crash for this savedata.

im on 1.81.

I overwrited this new GC savedata onto my old one which was working.
I renamed the EBOOT.PBP to 660.PBP and put it in the folder as well

start the game, editor, START, load, chose 'exploit' then SAVE AND HOLD R!
it went in to recovery menu.

Advanced - install 6.60 files then...

'pspPSARInit failed with error 0xFFFFFFFC!.'
When I exit recovery menu screen goes black.

a couple of questions:
1, in the release folder, what does the 'h' folder do and where do I put it?
2, also the cxmb.prx and leda.prx

Return to “TN CEF”