Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Will You Be Buying The OUYA?

Everything related to computers that doesn't go in other categories

I will be getting it early because I backed it
21%
Yes
13%
No
21%
Maybe
29%
After I read reviews
17%

Total votes: 24

Minimur12

Will You Be Buying The OUYA?

Post by Minimur12 »

This is the poll linked to the article I have posted.
Advertising
Last edited by Minimur12 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not on the forum much, if you want to let me know about something, shoot me a PM!
ImageImage
Tonakai

Re: Will You Be Buying The OUYA?

Post by Tonakai »

Quite possibly. I love the idea of it. :mrgreen:
Advertising
Minimur12

Post by Minimur12 »

I'm in UK so im a bit skeptical about it. ill keep my options open to it though its a 'maybe' from me
the funny thing is, the topic already has votes, even though the topic hasnt been submitted
should be online in 7 hours (just a guess)
I'm not on the forum much, if you want to let me know about something, shoot me a PM!
ImageImage
Tonakai

Post by Tonakai »

I'm a Brit too.

Anyhow, if I get it, it will most likely be a glorified media player/possible emulating console for my living room. I'd like to have my PS3 and Wii back up in my bedroom, so it'd be great if this could fulfil those roles.
Minimur12

Post by Minimur12 »

I can see it failing (kind of) and becoming just an classic emulation machine.
ImageImage
Tonakai

Post by Tonakai »

Aye, I can too. It would be sad if it did since conceptually; it's pretty amazing. Nonetheless, classical emulation is pretty much all I want.
Minimur12

Post by Minimur12 »

tbh i think the android market is made for phones, sure you have games like modern combat and shadowgun are console quality games, i'd love to have these two on my vita/ps3 , but not most
EDIT:
Dammit -.- I added an option on the poll and it got rid of the others. wtf ?
ImageImage
sonofskywalker3

Post by sonofskywalker3 »

I backed it, and am excited to get my hands on it. and by the way, that is a touchpad...

"and it will have a touchpad for any games making the trek from mobile or tablet to the TV." - from the kickstarter page
TheSpillmonkey

Post by TheSpillmonkey »

I backed it and will be receiving one in the first/second shipment wave.

These smaller "indy" consoles will indeed at least be a few more falling pebbles that help to get the avalanche of big console collapse rolling.

Many of today's general console consumer understand that their console, whatever the brand, is just a cheap PC hooked up to their tv. They also want more and more PC-like features available to them. The only thing that will keep people buying the big 3 consoles will be exclusive titles. If game devs offer these to newly developed and more open indy consoles (once they can match specs and still keep price lower,) it will severely hurt their sales. It won't happen overnight, and the Ouya wont do it alone, but with the lifespan of last "nex-gen" consoles being 6+ years, I see this next wave (wiiu, ps4, 720) being the last in line before a MAJOR business model change is needed by anyone in the gaming arena.
Last edited by TheSpillmonkey on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winter Is Coming...
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

I am waiting to see if I get the PS4 or OUYA, most probably the PS4... Of course I won't be getting the Xbox 720. :shock: :lol:

Return to “General”