Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

CMA/reinstall windows

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
albie85

CMA/reinstall windows

Post by albie85 »

I have a lot of stuff backed up with open CMA but I want to reinstall windows. I don't have enough space on my vita for it all at once can I copy my folders from documents then put it back after? will I still see the backed up content after and be able to copy it?
Advertising
PSP 1000 6.60 PRO CFW + PANDORA BATTERY
PSVITA 3G/WIFI 3.18 CUSTOM BUBBLES! TN-V etc
PS2 SLIM FMCB
PS3 Slim 250GB E3 Flasher REBUG 4.46 Spoofed 4.66
PS4 500GB :p
:geek: :geek: :geek:
albie85

Re: CMA/reinstall windows

Post by albie85 »

albie85 wrote:I have a lot of stuff backed up with open CMA but I want to reinstall windows. I don't have enough space on my vita for it all at once can I copy my folders from documents then put it back after? will I still see the backed up content after and be able to copy it?
Can anybody help ASAP please as I am waiting to reinstall windows
Advertising
PS2 SLIM FMCB
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

It should work. Why don't you test it with a small app. Copy that app to pc, move it around... redirect CMA to see the location you want, and see if CMA on the vita sees the app. Why do you have to reinstall windows?
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
albie85

Post by albie85 »

b2p1mp wrote:It should work. Why don't you test it with a small app. Copy that app to pc, move it around... redirect CMA to see the location you want, and see if CMA on the vita sees the app. Why do you have to reinstall windows?
Having a lot of probs with win 8 everytime i open a tile the whole user resets itself. I prefer win 7 anyways don't like tiles as I'm not touch screen.
PS2 SLIM FMCB
ZgamerR

Post by ZgamerR »

albie85 wrote:
b2p1mp wrote:It should work. Why don't you test it with a small app. Copy that app to pc, move it around... redirect CMA to see the location you want, and see if CMA on the vita sees the app. Why do you have to reinstall windows?
Having a lot of probs with win 8 everytime i open a tile the whole user resets itself. I prefer win 7 anyways don't like tiles as I'm not touch screen.

i thought you said you havent got enough space on your vita ?
albie85

Post by albie85 »

ZgamerR wrote:
albie85 wrote:

i thought you said you havent got enough space on your vita ?
I prob didn't explain properly I ment ive only got a 4gb card so I can't put it all on my vita while I reinstall windows.
I've got like 50gb worth of stuff but it don't really matter at the moment because I'm moving so everythings getting packed up.

I'll try and copy cma folders to my hdd then see if I can copy them bk to my pc
PS2 SLIM FMCB
XxGodOfWar2xX

Post by XxGodOfWar2xX »

For this, This isn't an issue of the Vita (Unless it's 50 GB or so of games and apps for vita)
It seems like you should invest in something we like to call an External Hard Drive.
I bought a 1 TB for like $80 at Walmart. and it's Toshiba branded.
redth

Post by redth »

You can keep all those files when reinstall Windows, just don't format your HDD.
Old files will be moved inside windows.old folder after the installation.
albie85

Post by albie85 »

thankyou redth but dont it now anyway i dont no what godofwar2 is goin on about im not a noob i have many external hdd including a 1TB plus i wasnt really asking a noob question.

what i did was copied all my backup files on my pc to my external hdd, installed a fresh windows then installed open cma and replaced ps vita folder with the one from my hdd. it recognised it with no problems
PS2 SLIM FMCB
albie85

Post by albie85 »

albie85 wrote:thankyou redth but dont it now anyway i dont no what godofwar2 is goin on about im not a noob i have many external hdd including a 1TB plus i wasnt really asking a noob question.

what i did was copied all my backup files on my pc to my external hdd, installed a fresh windows then installed open cma and replaced ps vita folder with the one from my hdd. it recognised it with no problems
think godofwar2 got lost somwere thought i was pretty clear
PS2 SLIM FMCB

Return to “General”