Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
#234321 by Acid_Snake
Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:13 am
Tonakai wrote:Thanks! :mrgreen:

Edit: After a little bit of use I have noticed another issue. After installing some Homebrew (gPSP Kai, snex9xtyl and cavestory) into PSP>Game whenever I access the game segment of pyMenu it freezes after a few seconds. I've left this frozen for 5 minutes or so to see if anything will happen, but it just remains that way until Uno is restarted.

Since it's a freeze like that, and not BSoD, I'm not sure if pytrace would generate so I don't think there's really much more I can give you than that (unless you want a video or something specific).

Edit2: Just to clarify this is only happening in pyMenu. I've tested every other ARK Menu, and it hasn't been an issue.

the way you describe it, it seems like an infinite loop somewhere, I'll have to try it out myself

While using this on the PSP is it possible to get it to automatically boot in place of the XMB? I found two plugins that handle this, but one of them has bricked my PSP, and the other (AutoStart 5.5) fails to boot it upon startup.

you don't need any plugin, you can just copy pyMenu into ms0:/PSP/GAME/BOOT/ and access the recovery menu to enable the autorun feature

Edit: Also, is it possible to modify the GAME directory through Config.txt?

no, I never thought it'd be necessary to modify that, it's the most common thing in psp and vita
#234339 by Tonakai
Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:50 am
I did look for that feature however I couldn't find it under the configuration section of recovery so I was looking into some plugins that would allow me. It turns out that it's simply not available on the PSP Go, but I can autoboot pyMenu on my 1k now, so I'm happy either way (although my Go gets more usage sadly).

Also, I can completely understand your not thinking it necessary with regards to the game directory. I was just wondering if it were at all possible so that I could refine it such as just having my PS1 games under the game section. This was because I wanted to keep some bootable configuration files and applications on my psp, but not visible all the time - I should probably just stop being lazy.

Anyway, thanks for all the help.

Edit: I think I spoke a little too soon. The autoboot feature doesn't seem to be included in PRO-C or PRO-B9/10 at all.
#234385 by Tonakai
Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:31 pm
I managed to use AutoStart 5.5 on my 1k, and that works fine (however if I do exactly the same on the GO it states that it cannot be started). Anyway I added config.txt to the folder and now it black screens and won't boot the menu (did this on the go too).

Gonna have to shut up now though, beginning to become a right nuisance. :lol:
#237772 by rafael707
Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:23 am
hey acid, i found a bug in your menu.. when i go into the game folder and hold down to search through my homebrew sometime it freezes? im using ARK..

#243135 by Tonakai
Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:52 pm
Acid_Snake wrote:that bug has been fixed in 0.4, so just wait till it's released, lots of new features are added

Highly looking forward to the next release :mrgreen: