Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Transfer pkg files to ps vita using a pc

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
sparkle_mermaid

Transfer pkg files to ps vita using a pc

Post by sparkle_mermaid »

I am not sure if this is really possible since what I normally see is installing from ps3 to ps vita but suddenly, I no longer own a ps3 therefore I cant do the process that I normally search for.

Does anyone know how to do it using a computer then to your PS Vita? Total Noob here so I am not really sure how it goes... If this is not allowed to be posted we can just delete this post anyways. Cheers~ :D
Advertising
Use whatever is at hand, may it be friend or foe....
b2p1mp

Re: Transfer pkg files to ps vita using a pc

Post by b2p1mp »

The only method to copy stuff to the PC from a Vita is using CMA or OpenCMA. In either case the file you get will not be a .pkg. Vita games and apps will become app.psvimg. Psp and PS1 games will become game.psvimg files.
Advertising
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
sparkle_mermaid

no wonder when I connected my ps vita to my pc that's what I saw, but do you know why online in the internet they show .pkg files?
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

sparkle_mermaid wrote:no wonder when I connected my ps vita to my pc that's what I saw, but do you know why online in the internet they show .pkg files?
CMA encrypts the file as you put it on the pc. The .pkg is used by the vita to install the application but we cannot access the vita memory to get the files. We can only use CMA or OpenCMA to put the files on a pc.
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
sparkle_mermaid

thank you for the explanation... now I understand :D
thekornerkids

Post by thekornerkids »

a pkg file is used as a sort of installation package for content

if your trying to get psp games/psp minis/ps1 games you can decrypt this pkg file and convert to iso format then install using vita ftp and play using ark; if your trying to play a pkg file that installs a ps vita game this method wont work how ever

ive used this method to download and buy games using the psn online web store on my computer
ninpo5537

Post by ninpo5537 »

Tried a few of psv pkg's out of curiosity on the ps3, set them to install, exit from Install package file and noticed the bubbles are on XMB but they are not recognized (no pic icon), connected the psv (2.02) from pc through CMA to the ps3 but once connected it crashes everytime, tried everything I could think of so eventually I deleted the pkg's.
On the other hand when I download a psv demo to ps3 and connect psv and copy demo there is no problem, so to me the psv pkg must some how be signed and installed on the ps3 then the psv will except it.
djender

Post by djender »

Hello, my vita's on 3.35 and I want to transfer .pkg files to install the Wip3out Pulse Demo since the ps3 will not transfer i; it doesn't even show up on my vita. Is there a way to transfer and install? The point is to take advantage of this low size demo to duplicate bubbles.

I already installed TN-V11 and VHBL (also Filer and FTP), also tried UNITY but I think that's not working anymore...

Return to “Programming and Security”