Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

8 full Kxploits Patched by Sony

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
wololo
Site Admin
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:42 am
Location: Japan

Re: 8 full Kxploits Patched by Sony

Post by wololo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:52 am

varun wrote: YOU can not trust a man who trusted you with kexploit????????????????????????????????????????
This is much more complex than that, additional stuff happened that I don't think is necessary to disclose, not everything/everyone is always black or white.

Also I did not say I didn't trust TN, I said I trust Coldbird more than anyone else on the scene. That's very different
The z and frostegator must have come to know about the fact that it was similar to TN's exploit.
I don't think so
also you gave the exploit intentionally, believing coldbird is trust-able. you knew the history of sam jordan, they didn't.
I don't see where this is coming from. Coldbird gave his work to beta testers that he trusted enough, but Pro team was precocious enough that they encrypted their work so that it would work only on the betatesters' machines, to avoid any leak. Neither me nor coldbird gave the exploit to Sam Jordam, I was not aware that Sam jordam was in contact with the Z or frostegater, and I was not aware that they had access to ARK. So I don't understand your point. If your point is that I shouldn't have given TN's exploit to Coldbird in the first time, you are right, this was a break of trust on my end.

But if your point is that me trusting a guy I've known for years is the same as The Z trusting random beta testers for a project he was not even supposed to know about in the first place , then I would say I disagree.

For the record, the reason I knew about Sam jordam is that because under a different identity he was threatening to hack my website, and hammering it with vulnerability discovery tools. It took me and my sysadmins some time to confirm he was "batman:beyond" (the identity he was using to get to The Z), and even though, as I said, it's not like I knew he was in contact with The Z to discuss stolen binaries from the Pro Team :)
So how can you say that you don't trust him,because some of his friends made mistake by trusting others.
I'm not saying that. I'm saying that given the amount of people who made trust mistakes in this whole thing, it's no use to point fingers now.
Also note that in a way you have lost trust in them,total noob may have lost trust in you.
Yes, I believe I lost TN's trust, and this was deserved. You can however ask The Z and Frostegater, I mentioned several times to them privately that I completely agree that they are not directly responsible and that the only a##hole in this story is Sam Jordam.

Again, the fact that any of TN's work was actually leaked still remains to be proven. I trusted his word for it, but nobody else ever confirmed that. He might still have some of what he reversed from the urbanix leak, to confirm it was his work. It would be interesting to see.

By the way, I don't think I have much to hide in this whole thing, so I don't mind answering the questions on this. I came clean to TN the minutes after he told me some of his work had been leaked.
lol x wrote: if you please read everything,we are discussing why wololo does not trust total noob and his finding that ARK contained parts of his work.
I never said I do not trust Total Noob. I said that if he and Coldbird tell me different stories, and knowing I didn't have the will/time/skills to verify myself, I'd trust Coldbird's words over TotalNoob, but that is solely because I know Coldbird very well, which I cannot say for TotalNoob. This is nothing personal with him, it's just the way things turned out.
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

lol x
Banned
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:58 am

Re: 8 full Kxploits Patched by Sony

Post by lol x » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:52 am

yifanlu wrote: Don't get me wrong, I for one trust TN. (But that's a moot point because I'm not in the PSP world). You don't know the full story. I don't either. All I know is that wololo is reasonable.
That is what I believe,but I am just trying to convince him to believe what total noob said.
Advertising

yifanlu
Guru
Posts: 760
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:42 am
Contact:

Re: 8 full Kxploits Patched by Sony

Post by yifanlu » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:02 am

lol x wrote:
yifanlu wrote: Don't get me wrong, I for one trust TN. (But that's a moot point because I'm not in the PSP world). You don't know the full story. I don't either. All I know is that wololo is reasonable.
That is what I believe,but I am just trying to convince him to believe what total noob said.
And that was my point.

lol x
Banned
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:58 am

Re: 8 full Kxploits Patched by Sony

Post by lol x » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:20 am

wololo wrote:
varun wrote: YOU can not trust a man who trusted you with kexploit????????????????????????????????????????
Also I did not say I didn't trust TN, I said I trust Coldbird more than anyone else on the scene.
so even if total noob hands you exploit before ark is released and you hand it to coldbird AND later TN finds it was containing his exploit AND Coldbird doesent give TN credit for discovering a SIMILAR exploit to total noob,you still trust him more,knowing you distributed similar stuff?
wololo wrote:
also you gave the exploit intentionally, believing coldbird is trust-able. you knew the history of sam jordan, they didn't.
But if your point is that me trusting a guy I've known for years is the same as The Z trusting random beta testers for a project he was not even supposed to know about in the first place , then I would say I disagree.
you win here...but it is impossible to hide something from the z :lol:
wololo wrote:For the record, the reason I knew about Sam jordam is that because under a different identity he was threatening to hack my website, and hammering it with vulnerability discovery tools. It took me and my sysadmins some time to confirm he was "batman:beyond" (the identity he was using to get to The Z), and even though, as I said, it's not like I knew he was in contact with The Z to discuss stolen binaries from the Pro Team :)
The z coulnt tell you that anyway :lol: :lol:

wololo wrote:
Also note that in a way you have lost trust in them,total noob may have lost trust in you.
Yes, I believe I lost TN's trust, and this was deserved. You can however ask The Z and Frostegater, I mentioned several times to them privately that I completely agree that they are not directly responsible and that the only a##hole in this story is Sam Jordam.
I hope this message goes to coldbird
wololo wrote: Again, the fact that any of TN's work was actually leaked still remains to be proven. I trusted his word for it, but nobody else ever confirmed that. He might still have some of what he reversed from the urbanix leak, to confirm it was his work. It would be interesting to see.
He confirms it. any other person who can confirm is you, can you please see if the exploit(the one TN sent you) is one of those on the link in first post.
wololo wrote: By the way, I don't think I have much to hide in this whole thing, so I don't mind answering the questions on this. I came clean to TN the minutes after he told me some of his work had been leaked.
We all know you are one of the most clean people,and i never intended to do that until I came to know you didn't trust total noob's words for the same reason.
wololo wrote:
lol x wrote: if you please read everything,we are discussing why wololo does not trust total noob and his finding that ARK contained parts of his work.
I never said I do not trust Total Noob. I said that if he and Coldbird tell me different stories, and knowing I didn't have the will/time/skills to verify myself, I'd trust Coldbird's words over TotalNoob, but that is solely because I know Coldbird very well, which I cannot say for TotalNoob. This is nothing personal with him, it's just the way things turned out.
.
As you said earlier why you dont trust him over colbird is your personal preference and the second point of that(viewtopic.php?f=56&t=27532&start=40#p233926) post,I am just debating over the second point.

User avatar
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod
Posts: 3099
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Behind you!

Re: 8 full Kxploits Patched by Sony

Post by Acid_Snake » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:50 am

lol x wrote:so even if total noob hands you exploit before ARK is released and you hand it to coldbird AND later TN finds it was containing his exploit AND Coldbird doesent give TN credit for discovering a SIMILAR exploit to total noob,you still trust him more,knowing you distributed similar stuff?
first, he doesn't have to give credit cause it wasn't even coldbird who found the leaked exploit, it was yosh. Secondly, yosh doesn't have to give TN credit cause he found the exploit independently, it's two different devs finding similar exploits INDEPENDENTLY, neither of them knew about the other's exploit, doesn't matter if they are similar or not.

lol x
Banned
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:58 am

Re: 8 full Kxploits Patched by Sony

Post by lol x » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:55 am

Acid_Snake wrote:
lol x wrote:so even if total noob hands you exploit before ARK is released and you hand it to coldbird AND later TN finds it was containing his exploit AND Coldbird doesent give TN credit for discovering a SIMILAR exploit to total noob,you still trust him more,knowing you distributed similar stuff?
first, he doesn't have to give credit cause it wasn't even coldbird who found the leaked exploit, it was yosh. Secondly, yosh doesn't have to give TN credit cause he found the exploit independently, it's two different devs finding similar exploits INDEPENDENTLY, neither of them knew about the other's exploit, doesn't matter if they are similar or not.
That is what wololo said on previous pages. I mean if the exploit was reported first by TN to the same person(colbird),the same person should give him(TN) credits too.

wololo
Site Admin
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:42 am
Location: Japan

Re: 8 full Kxploits Patched by Sony

Post by wololo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:11 am

lol x wrote: That is what wololo said on previous pages. I mean if the exploit was reported first by TN to the same person(colbird),the same person should give him(TN) credits too.
You seem to be willing to misinterpret everything I write so I will stop here. Also, when would you have expected coldbird to give credit? Coldbird did not release anything, his work got leaked. At this point what you type is intentionally misleading so I will not reply anymore.

I didnt say it was the same exploit. Tn said that.
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

User avatar
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod
Posts: 3099
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Behind you!

Re: 8 full Kxploits Patched by Sony

Post by Acid_Snake » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:16 am

wololo wrote:
lol x wrote: That is what wololo said on previous pages. I mean if the exploit was reported first by TN to the same person(colbird),the same person should give him(TN) credits too.
You seem to be willing to misinterpret everything I write so I will stop here. Also, when would you have expected coldbird to give credit? Coldbird did not release anything, his work got leaked. At this point what you type is intentionally misleading so I will not reply anymore.

I didnt say it was the same exploit. Tn said that.
this is why I got *** at this guy, all he's being doing since he joined is start flame wars against the PRO team, also I'm locking this since it's off-topic and you just said you're not replying anymore

Locked

Return to “TN CEF”