Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Which game should I pick?!?!?!

Discuss official PS Vita games here
KNOB5

Which game should I pick?!?!?!

Post by KNOB5 »

I haven't decide yet and I have till tomorrow to pick one of this three games!

Silent Hill Book of Memories
Zero Escape; Virtue's Last Reward
Persona 4

Help me please!
Advertising
eighthdayregret

Re: Which game should I pick?!?!?!

Post by eighthdayregret »

KNOB5 wrote:I haven't decide yet and I have till tomorrow to pick one of this three games!

Silent Hill Book of Memories
Zero Escape; Virtue's Last Reward
Persona 4

Help me please!
***, that's kind of a hard choice, given how different those games are...
I just DL'd the demo of Silent Hill: Book of Memories today, and as a fan of Silent Hill, I gotta say it pretty dang cool, from what I've seen.
That would be my choice.
Advertising
Vita WiFi/3G - 8GB - 32GB - OFW 3.36 - PS+
GoW PSP-2000 - 2GB - 8GB - 2x16GB - 2x16GB - 6.61 ME-2.3
KNOB5

Post by KNOB5 »

thats a good sign :) I mean you are a silent hill fan and you haven't talk bad about the game!
eighthdayregret

Post by eighthdayregret »

KNOB5 wrote:thats a good sign :) I mean you are a silent hill fan and you haven't talk bad about the game!
Haha, yeah... There are people who are kinda weird about the newer games, but I'm not THAT fanatical.
Acting like the games are inferior because they don't come from Team Silent is a pretty lame reason to miss out on awesome video games. Especially games with such awesome, heart-wrenching stories as the Silent Hill games always have.
I don't care who develops and releases the game, as long as it's a good game. I judge them all separately and don't think that they have to stick to a particular formula to be good.
I loved Origins and Shattered Memories, even though SH2 is by far my favorite.
All of the SH games I've played were excellent games, even if some of the play style changed.
Book of Memories is definitely different, but it's still a good game from what I've seen.

I get all sorts of giddy and super excited any time I see a new Silent Hill game coming out.
Vita WiFi/3G - 8GB - 32GB - OFW 3.36 - PS+
GoW PSP-2000 - 2GB - 8GB - 2x16GB - 2x16GB - 6.61 ME-2.3
dedica

Post by dedica »

I am a huge Silent Hill fan, and I'm going to suggest Persona 4.

I loved SH1 even before part 2 came out. I even loved part 4.
Harry Mason is my favorite game character ever.

Book of Memories is a decent game, but it lacks any traditional
Silent Hill horror or atmosphere. It's still a good game, with
some Silent Hill references, but Persona 4 is just in a whole
other league.

I think Persona 4 actually gets closer to a Silent Hill atmosphere.
It is oozing with atmosphere and a psychological horror element
that grips you like a SH game. I didn't experience any of that in
Book of Memories. The Persona 4 characters have layers and
layers of depth and likability that keeps bringing fresh surprises
around every corner. I felt a little sad when the game ended
and I had to part with these characters, and I'm not the biggest
people person. That's just how good Persona 4 is, and I didn't
even play the Vita version, with all the extras. It is also massive
in scope. I believe you could easily reach 100+ hours if you take
your time and savor the exploration.

Don't get me wrong. I still like Book of Memories, but you may
want to get Persona 4 first, or at least try the Book of Memories
Demo before rushing toward that game. It's worth a buy some
time, but not worth missing out on Persona 4.
Zephyr9227

Post by Zephyr9227 »

I'd go with Persona 4. Its probably the best game on the Vita right now. Silent Hill isn't a bad game in my opinion, its just a bad Silent Hill game, if you get my meaning.
hammer_420

Post by hammer_420 »

I have purchased all three and the best one by far is P4G
zero escape was a good story but not great on gameplay (unless you really love puzzles)
and silent hill got repetitive very fast (I didn't even end up finishing it b4 I sold it)
so I'd say get P4G, best gameplay, best story , best value by far
JVC

Post by JVC »

As one that loves Persona 4(Hence all themed on it),I have not seen much of silent hill but did try out the zero demo having a good story but not into much puzzles.
It all depends on your tastes.
21,EC,nuff said.
dedica

Post by dedica »

I have a sinking feeling this guy got hyped over the first casual recommendation, (based on a demo...)
then went to sleep without reading the serious suggestions.

Also, it seems like he mistook that poster for a strict fan. The follow-up post shows a very loose fan,
who's satisfied with basically anything named "Silent Hill", even if it's a large stretch from the real thing.
That's not necessarily a bad thing. However, in this case I think it might have given a drastically wrong
impression of this as a "Silent Hill game".

When someone asks what to drop 40 bucks on, I feel it deserves careful advice.

Sadly, Book of Memories is an especially bad game to judge from a demo. What the demo doesn't reveal
is that you basically play that exact same dungeon with that exact same puzzle over and over, in resized
and reskinned form. BoM never throws out any Silent Hill horror. Not once. Not slightly.

I admit to being a very biased Silent Hill fan. I still think I can objectively say the following; the only
hand-me-down games that have even a *pinch* of the "1-4 atmosphere" are Downpour and Origins.
Silent Hill: Book of Memories has absolutely zero. Even Homecoming had a small taste of it. If the
topic creator expects any Silent Hill horror, he's in for disappointment.

As I said, I enjoy Silent Hill: Book of Memories, but I knew what I was getting into before buying it.
Being a spinoff, it's a totally different genre of game, and lacks the horror element entirely. As an ARPG,
I feel the combat and leveling is fun enough to keep character-progression fun. Being such, repetitive
dungeons tend to come with the territory, and the real fun comes with things like crits, combos, builds
etc. All of which I feel are well done in BoM. Weaving around hazards while confronting familiar creatures
with precise combos and occasional touch-screen powers, I feel like it blends together with flowing charm.
Building your power gauge adds to the flow as you grab energy drops off enemies, dodging one color and
going after the other. The concept of re-writing the past has a bit of depth, which is fun. The game also
serves as a walking index of creatures and items from past games, letting you take them on the go.
There are plenty of good things about BoM, but Persona 4 is ten times better, even to this staunch Silent
Hill fan.

I feel like Persona 4 just offers tons more, especially in story and thriller aspects.
Last edited by dedica on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrimFandango
Banned

Post by GrimFandango »

Defintely get Persona 4 golden once you start playing your not gonna want to put your Vita down. ;)

Return to “Games”