Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Help] PSP 2001 turns off when i run anything.

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
NNNRT

Re: [Help] PSP 2001 turns off when i run anything.

Post by NNNRT »

Hugo_Mundo wrote:So, i've managed to turn my battery into a pandora batt and created a new idstorage, installed 5.00 m33 through the MMS and when i was updating it to 6.60, error LPTFFFFFFFE AGAIN. :cry:
That's an IDStorage problem as Casavult said. You may try asking The Z, or even sending it to Sony if it's on OFW. Other than that, you're outta luck bro. ;)
Advertising
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

Maybe nandtool can tell you if there are bad sectors on your flash internal memory. That could be the issue, perhaps you can fix the bad sectors.
Advertising
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
Hugo_Mundo

Post by Hugo_Mundo »

Sadly nothing.
I've tried nandtool but it just bricked my psp.
I recovered it with mms and pandora battery but is still stopping the update to 6.60 at 85%, giving the error and running the games only when he wants to. :(
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

Hmm this is sad. I hate to see a psp2000 go to waste. If I think of anything else that might help, I will post it here. Sorry for your loss.
Hugo_Mundo

Post by Hugo_Mundo »

Ok, thank you for the help anyway.
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

I thinking update/recover m33 then go back to ofw and try to downgrade to 1.5 kernel (or lowest possible fw) then update to 6.60 or 6.xx.

It can be possible that you got a faked version text at flash read more about your 5.xx-m33 ;)
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

I also have a question for the OP. When you update to 6.60 are you doing it via wifi or downloading the update and putting on the memstick? Have you tried both?
Hugo_Mundo

Post by Hugo_Mundo »

I'm trying to update via memstick.
My wi-fi router is broken so i only have cable connection right now.
I'm downgrading it to 3.71OFW using hellcats downgrader, i think i'm gonna take my psp somewhere with wi-fi and try to update it there to see if it works.
=)
This whole problem, could be caused by a bad memory stick? A dying one?
I don't think this would be the problem but well, it could be.
Also, my psp only runs ISOS when he wants to but, it's not just ISOS, UMDs too. I put an UMD in and nothing happens, i turn it off and on, it makes the sound of "disc reading" and then nothing.
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

I suppose it could be a faulty memstick but when you update via wifi it will still have to use that same memstick (maybe borrow a different one for a minute to use from someone). Have you tried backing up your stuff and formatting the memstick? Also, do you have the ISO loader set to something other than normal in the recovery/vsh menu? If this option is set to Normal then you cannot load things without a working UMD drive. Press select at the XMB to change the loader. A faulty UMD drive could be causing trouble. Another problem could be a corrupt update file. Where did you download the 6.60 update from? Have you tried downloading another 6.60 update from different places?
Hugo_Mundo

Post by Hugo_Mundo »

b2p1mp wrote:I suppose it could be a faulty memstick but when you update via wifi it will still have to use that same memstick (maybe borrow a different one for a minute to use from someone). Have you tried backing up your stuff and formatting the memstick? Also, do you have the ISO loader set to something other than normal in the recovery/vsh menu? If this option is set to Normal then you cannot load things without a working UMD drive. Press select at the XMB to change the loader. A faulty UMD drive could be causing trouble. Another problem could be a corrupt update file. Where did you download the 6.60 update from? Have you tried downloading another 6.60 update from different places?
I have 2 memory sticks, 1 it's a 4gb for the psp and the other it's from a camera, i've formated it a thousand times :lol:
I always set the iso loader to m33 or sony 9600 (or something like that).
I always download the update files from Sony's website.

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”