Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules: Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
#233416 by gregdaleg
Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:02 pm
I don't know much about security or programming but I was just wondering what would be needed to decrypt the paving file?
Advertising
#233442 by S1NFUL
Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:51 pm
And the only way to get the keys within the years to come is for Sony to leak the keys again (like they did with the PS3).
#233456 by JVC
Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:38 pm
S1NFUL wrote:And the only way to get the keys within the years to come is for Sony to leak the keys again (like they did with the PS3).

Which :roll:
#233525 by Jd8531
Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:29 am
JVC wrote:
S1NFUL wrote:And the only way to get the keys within the years to come is for Sony to leak the keys again (like they did with the PS3).

Which :roll:

Well preferably lvl_0. Most likely with that we would be able to decrypt the firmwares too.
JVC wrote:
gregdaleg wrote:If the key was obtained how would one use it to decrypt the file?


as said,why decrypt?

This.
Obviously op wants piracy. But the only reason I could see for decrypting would be save data access, but those are contained in their own encrypted savedata.psvimg files (I'm not sure but I think they're diffent from the game files) for certain games. Plus we would have to figure out how to re encrypt it.
#233527 by alnitak
Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:57 am
Jd8531 wrote:
JVC wrote:
S1NFUL wrote:And the only way to get the keys within the years to come is for Sony to leak the keys again (like they did with the PS3).

Which :roll:

Well preferably lvl_0. Most likely with that we would be able to decrypt the firmwares too.
JVC wrote:
gregdaleg wrote:If the key was obtained how would one use it to decrypt the file?


as said,why decrypt?

This.
Obviously op wants piracy. But the only reason I could see for decrypting would be save data access, but those are contained in their own encrypted savedata.psvimg files (I'm not sure but I think they're different from the game files) for certain games. Plus we would have to figure out how to re encrypt it.


I don't think it's quite fair to just assume that. I checked this post because I thought it was an interesting question, not because I support piracy. OP could be wondering in a purely academic sense, like I am. Wouldn't you have to know with what algorithm something was encrypted to use the keys? It seems like you could either test it with common algorithms yourself, or find a program that did it for you.

If that's the case, couldn't Sony just make their own encryption algorithm, or are there ways to decrypt an unknown algorithm if you have the key?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests