Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Homebrew] Vita Emulator Installer v4.1 (Final) [TN-C / Ark]

Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Re: [Homebrew] Vita Emulator Installer v2 [TN-C / Ark]

Post by Acid_Snake »

cosvel wrote:this can be done easily, just need time to do.
you can always make it open source and let other devs help in, it works a lot and most great projects are great because of it
Advertising
Theredbaron

Post by Theredbaron »

Acid_Snake wrote:you can always make it open source and let other devs help in, it works a lot and most great projects are great because of it
I am no dev, but I have always loved that idea. I was even able to help out a dev on simple bash scripting for an opensource wallpaper changer he was coding, making sure it worked on all sorts of desktops.
Advertising
Vita 3G - 4GB/8GB - 3.00 TN-V
cosvel

Post by cosvel »

I,ve been working a little on the Homebrews idea.. and I got this:

Dosbox has been added to "Emulators" too.

Now, just need a couple of days to prepare zips and add more homebrews, btw, the first one that i've added right now is Wagic.. :D
Ps Vita 3g/wifi - 16gb // Ps3-Slim White - 320gb // Psp 3004 - 8gb // Xperia Play - 32gb // Ps2
3ds XL // GameBoy Color // Nds-L 8gb // Nds-I Black Pokemon Edition 8gb // Wii 4.2E - 80gb

Sorry about my English, but I am from Iberian Peninsula XDD.
Theredbaron

Post by Theredbaron »

Looking nice.

One question, is there any way to change where the games/emu's are downloaded to? My folder structure is psp/game/apps/ games/ homebrew/ emus/. Would be cool if I could DL to the right folder, instead of using filer to move them.
cosvel

Post by cosvel »

Theredbaron wrote:Looking nice.

One question, is there any way to change where the games/emu's are downloaded to? My folder structure is psp/game/apps/ games/ homebrew/ emus/. Would be cool if I could DL to the right folder, instead of using filer to move them.
It can be posible, but ... you had to modifie all function for all homebrews/emulators.. one by one.

Can i ask why you use this structure insted the normal ms0:/psp/game/'here all homebrews'?

Btw, i think that with this structure the Installer you not work propertly to you, the homebrew need to be in ms0:/psp/game/Emu Installer to work... but this is simple to fix... the other is more complicated.
Ps Vita 3g/wifi - 16gb // Ps3-Slim White - 320gb // Psp 3004 - 8gb // Xperia Play - 32gb // Ps2
3ds XL // GameBoy Color // Nds-L 8gb // Nds-I Black Pokemon Edition 8gb // Wii 4.2E - 80gb

Theredbaron

Post by Theredbaron »

There are a few reasons. The main one being that I have ALOT of stuf. 19 apps, 5 emus, 11 homebrew games, and 6 real games/minies/psx, and growing all the time. That can cause slow loading of the exploit. Plus some stuff I have tried complete freezes the menu. Just by being in the same folder. That is hard to fix if in the game folder.

Then there is also the fact that I like things to be organized. It may not look like that to see my house, my my computer is. Just makes things eaiser to find.

Then there is also simple because I could. When I switched to ARK I was kinda annoyed that no iso were showing up. No other menu was good for me, so I went back. Then I thought I would try coping the iso folder to games, and it worked. I thought that was cool, so I added more folders for everything else. Now I really like ARKs menu.
cosvel

Post by cosvel »

I understand you..
Well, the problem is that i can't do the Installer with this "strange" structure cuz this should be able to work on any ecfw and any menu that you use, so i just use the normal psp structure to write this.
This is just writed to be on psp/game, and then install all stuffs there..
dosbox on psp/game/Dosbox
wagic on psp/game/WTH
etc..

You can make your own mod if you want, just need to edit the menu.lua and change the patch for download, unzip, create folders, delete temps, all of this adapted to you, in all functions off all homebrews, one by one.. right there are 16 in v2... in v3 that i'm making are 19 functions, and will be a lot more..
So, i think the easer thing you can do is use the normal structure, unless for the Emulator Installer stuffs.

cosvel

Post by cosvel »

Op updated with the v3.. can see info and changelog there. ;)

For now is like a proof of concept... more homebrews will be added soon..

cosvel

Re: [Homebrew] Vita Emulator Installer v3 [TN-C / Ark]

Post by cosvel »

New version coming soon... this will be the last one... cuz will have an Update Service ... 8-) 8-)

cosvel

Re: [Homebrew] Vita Emulator Installer v4.1 (Final) [TN-C /

Post by cosvel »

Op updated with the final version .. now just need to check for updates regularly to enlarge content, on wednesday, like psn.. :D :D

Regards

Return to “Homebrews”