Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[HELP] Having trouble getting plugins to activate on XMB

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
Wingedkratos

[HELP] Having trouble getting plugins to activate on XMB

Post by Wingedkratos »

Before I begin, I will state a few things.

1. My PSP is a 1001 Phat PSP.
2. I have...well HAD the OFW 6.60, but recently replaced it with a 6.60 CFW. (6.60 PRO-C1 (Fix 3))
3. The actual problems are all the way at the bottom, with everything above that stuff are the "steps" I took to get firmwire and all the way up to where I ran into the problems.
-----

Okay, so as you can probably guess, I am fairly new to PSP hacking. Only just today did I discover that you could hack your PSP without a pandora battery/magic stick and all that. So anyway, wanting to immediately get into Homebrew and all that and see just what I could do, I installed a CFW. (6.60 PRO-C1 (Fix 3) to be exact) So I now have a custom firmwire that is permanently on due to the CIPL Flasher. Next I started looking into apps/plugins I could load now that I have custom firmwire. I went to this page in order to look for plugins...

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7407

I looked through and picked out the following ones so far...that said they were compatible with the 6.60 CFW.
Hold+ v4.0 [5.00 to 6.60 support]
Audio Boost [6.20 to 6.60 support]
PspStatesMenu_Pict v1.06-2 [6.20 to 6.60 support]

Next I looked up a tutorial here to make sure I am doing things right, and for reference. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/697810

So I make a folder called seplugins and create three txt files (Game, Pops, and Vsh) and for Hold and Audio Boost, I add the following in the vsh text file:

Code: Select all

ms0:/seplugins/boost.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/hold.prx 1
For PSPstatesmenu I add this in the game text file...

Code: Select all

ms0:/seplugins/pspstates_kai.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/states_menu_pict.prx 1
Next I completely turn off my PSP and hold R and boot up to bring the Recovery menu up. I go to plugins and check to make sure they are enabled, which they should've been since I had a 1 in front of the plugins on the text file. They are enabled. So I exit the menu and this is where the problem(s) happens.

Audioboost- It instructs you to press the Home+R buttons to activate. Play some music and hold the home button and press R. Nothing happens. I press both at the same time. Nothing happens. My sound does not change at all.

Hold- It does not say it has any button activators, and just to put the system on the "lock/hold" position. Which I did. Nothing happens when I do this. This was supposed to work specifically when playing with music, so I have the hold button on when an MP3 is playing. I see no difference at all.

PSPstatesmenu- It says to press Home button when in game and then press R/L at the same time to bring up a menu. I tried this and no menu ever appears.

So yeah, that's pretty much what I am having trouble with so far... Can anyone help me?
Advertising
stevealexanderames

Re: [HELP] Having trouble getting plugins to activate on XMB

Post by stevealexanderames »

i'm pretty sure the pspstates don't work because it need the extra RAM the phat model doesn't have :? for the others i don't know
Advertising
PSP 3004 3G 6.20 LME / PRO(MOD)-C
Wingedkratos

Post by Wingedkratos »

Yeah, I read that the phat model might be the issue somewhere for pspstates. It's not that much of a loss, and neither is Hold I guess, though my battery seems to have died down considerably and could use some help staying alive longer. I do however want to at least get audioboost working. I am kind of surprised the plugin page doesn't list if it specifically doesn't work for a fat/slim model though.

I got another one called prxshot (screen capturing during gameplay) to work fine, so at least I know for sure that some of them will work and that I haven't installed the custom firmwire incorrectly (somehow) .-.

I guess I'll go ahead and remove pspstates. That still leaves the issue for audioboost and hold.
bsanehi
VIP

Post by bsanehi »

Wingedkratos wrote:Yeah, I read that the phat model might be the issue somewhere for pspstates. It's not that much of a loss, and neither is Hold I guess, though my battery seems to have died down considerably and could use some help staying alive longer. I do however want to at least get audioboost working. I am kind of surprised the plugin page doesn't list if it specifically doesn't work for a fat/slim model though.

I got another one called prxshot (screen capturing during gameplay) to work fine, so at least I know for sure that some of them will work and that I haven't installed the custom firmwire incorrectly (somehow) .-.

I guess I'll go ahead and remove pspstates. That still leaves the issue for audioboost and hold.
It did specify in the description:

Authors: plum_429 , neur0n , hiroi01 , Dark_Alex

Anyone who has even spent some time playing on an emulator knows what a savestate is. They're useful and can be invaluable when you're in a very difficult area of a game, but commercial games and consoles don't usually support the savestate feature.

This plugin itself is called PspStates and, as you may have guessed from the title, it lets you create savestates while playing games on your PSP Slim. Not in an emulator, but on your handheld itself. And yes, it's for Slims only.

Also please install 6.60 ME instead, its a better firmware for your PSP model.

And the plugins will 100% work.
Except savestate as it needs extra ram.
Wingedkratos

Post by Wingedkratos »

bsanehi wrote: Also please install 6.60 ME instead, its a better firmware for your PSP model.

I'm assuming that "updating" to 6.60ME will work the same as updating from 6.60 PRO-C1 (Fix 3)? Three questions about this.

1. What exactly makes 6.60ME better than 6.60 PRO-C1 (Fix 3)?

2. Does 6.60ME stay on permanently without need of something similar to the CIPL Flasher? Without the CIPL Flasher, I had to run the custom firmwire from the PSP>Games menu every time I wanted to enable features.

3. If for whatever reason I want to switch back to PRO-C1 (fix 3) because I don't like 6.60ME, is it safe to update back to it while 6.60ME is installed?
bsanehi
VIP

Post by bsanehi »

Wingedkratos wrote:
bsanehi wrote: Also please install 6.60 ME instead, its a better firmware for your PSP model.

I'm assuming that "updating" to 6.60ME will work the same as updating from 6.60 PRO-C1 (Fix 3)? Three questions about this.

1. What exactly makes 6.60ME better than 6.60 PRO-C1 (Fix 3)?

2. Does 6.60ME stay on permanently without need of something similar to the CIPL Flasher? Without the CIPL Flasher, I had to run the custom firmwire from the PSP>Games menu every time I wanted to enable features.

3. If for whatever reason I want to switch back to PRO-C1 (fix 3) because I don't like 6.60ME, is it safe to update back to it while 6.60ME is installed?
6.60 ME is a full custom firmware. It has better homebrew support, and better plugins support.

Yes it stays on permanently, without any CIPL flasher.

And yes you can install PRO, again. But if I was you I would reinstall 6.60 OFW , Just so you have a clean firmware. Using this downgrade tutorial.
Wingedkratos

Re: [SOLVED] Having trouble getting plugins to activate on X

Post by Wingedkratos »

bsanehi wrote: 6.60 ME is a full custom firmware. It has better homebrew support, and better plugins support.

Yes it stays on permanently, without any CIPL flasher.

And yes you can install PRO, again. But if I was you I would reinstall 6.60 OFW , Just so you have a clean firmware. Using this downgrade tutorial.
I see. Well eventually I'll update to that when I get bored with whatever else I have installed already. Anyway, I am assuming that updating to this firmwire will make hold and audioboost work, so I guess I'll consider this as solved.

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”