Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Charles proxy OFW 2.05

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Charles proxy OFW 2.05

Post by hgoel0974 »

I have read that Charles proxy works with 2.02, the thing is I have no idea what I am doing and why it isn't working. I am sure I am entering the correct IP and port, does my computer have to be connected to my router using a cable? or is it okay to use Wifi?Do I need to change some settings on my router?
Advertising
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Re: Charles proxy OFW 2.05

Post by SMOKE »

There's a tutorial on Wololo's blog ;)
Advertising
Tonakai

Post by Tonakai »

hgoel0974 wrote:I have read that Charles proxy works with 2.02, the thing is I have no idea what I am doing and why it isn't working. I am sure I am entering the correct IP and port, does my computer have to be connected to my router using a cable? or is it okay to use Wifi?Do I need to change some settings on my router?
With regards to the IP try this: Open Charles -> Proxy -> Access Control Settings.

Enter the shown IP in your Vita and make sure the port is 8888. Also make sure the Port is 8888 on the Vita's proxy settings.

Run Charles as admin (this may help).

It is preferable that your computer has a wired connection to your router (I'm unsure as to whether or not wireless would work. I wouldn't mind looking into this, if you want?). You need to connect your Vita to the same router as your PC, otherwise this won't work.

You do not need to change settings on your router, as it is all done through the Proxy.

On a final note; although Charles is good, I personally prefer Fiddler 2 (always have). I wrote an article on this, and it's a lot clearer than my Charles tutorial. It also works alot better. An example of this would be the fact that it blocks the ability to update (yay no accidental updates!)

Here's a link to the article: http://wololo.net/2013/01/26/psn-and-on ... fiddler-2/
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

Tonakai wrote:
You do not need to change settings on your router, as it is all done through the Proxy.
Are you sure about this? I have upnp disabled on my router and I read that port 8888 was needed to be forwarded. If upnp is disabled, wouldn't your statement be false?
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

I'm having the same problem as hgoel, although I followed all the steps. :? BTW I'll try what Tonakai said about connecting the PC to the router wired. :mrgreen:
Tonakai

Post by Tonakai »

b2p1mp wrote:
Tonakai wrote:
Are you sure about this? I have upnp disabled on my router and I read that port 8888 was needed to be forwarded. If upnp is disabled, wouldn't your statement be false?
Well, I actually have no idea in all honesty. I've never had the need to modify upnp, so I don't know about what effects that would have (in fact, I don't even know whether mine is disabled or not and I really don't feel the need to find out). If having upnp disabled means that you have to forward port 8888 to get it to work, then yes, I guess my statement was false. I have personally not had to do any form of port forwarding to get either Fiddler or Charles to work.
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

I actually am not even sure the port needs to be forwarded. I never tested with it not forwarded. The proxy did work fantastic for me though. I was able to grab Assassin's Creed for Vita and the update for it.
Twenty Minutes Into the Future

Return to “General”