Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)
Discuss official PS Vita games here
- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:43 am
Stargazr64 on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:
Why no Vita version, guys?
Mike Lunn on January 22nd, 2013 at 3:46 pm said:
Hey Stargazr, when we were developing Revelations for new platforms we really wanted to hone in on the experience you get with a large format screen, surround sound, etc. This type of setup really helps players get sucked into the horror vibe and enjoy the game to its fullest extent.
USCCM on January 22nd, 2013 at 2:43 pm said:
5. If the answers to first 3 questions are negative, then wouldn’t this title be better suited for the PS Vita instead of the PS3? A) It’s a port from another handheld machine, which means there will be no need to ‘re-master’ the visual. B) Using the Vita’s motion control to move the Scanner around to look for hidden stuff… is it just me or did someone in Capcom did not think things through before they started out on this project?
Mike Lunn on January 22nd, 2013 at 4:25 pm said:
5. 3DS and PS-vita infrastructure let alone developing games for them are extremely different beasts. Even just the screens as you mention are completely different resolutions/functions. Take a look at the top comment for my full Vita response.
These are Capcoms reasons for not bringing Resident Evil to the PSVita and I think their stupid, now I'm wondering what's everyone's opinions on this? I personally think their being lazy.
Source: PlayStation.Blog http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/ ... -features/
[spoiler]Support Operation Decode!
PSVITA - OFW - 3.36
PS3 - OFW - 4.66[/spoiler]
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:21 am
Well that was expected anyway but at least other devs are willing to bet on the Vita and have their games on there.
- Posts: 446
- Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:38 am
- Location: Cuenca,EC
Mare-chan wrote:Well that was expected anyway but at least other devs are willing to bet on the Vita and have their games on there.
True,it all goes onto them letting the system advance or not.
- Posts: 1478
- Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:09 pm
I believe none of the reasons given above is the real one,
let face it,Psvita is not selling well at all,+ the $250 price
tag is not helping,this is my opinion:
I believe Capcom decide it that because the Psvita is not
a top selling portable is not worth making a port for it,
maybe you are asking why? lets say i am making a game
i will look first who's console is selling the best,
Psvita = not selling so good
PS3 = selling
Xbox360 = selling
3DS = selling
WiiU = selling
so who of the console i would choose
to make the game or a port of?
your guess is right: PS3,Xbox360,3DS,WiiU /Psvita version not worth it.
is because of money if i make a PS3,Xbox360,3DS,WiiU version of my game
it will sell well giving my company $$$$$ Psvita not selling to well means i can't
bet or think i will get $$$$ out of that version.
sadly this is the true that company's like Capcom like's to hide from us.
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:02 pm
I hate the catch 22 of "the vita isn't selling well, so it won't be getting game X" Do these companies ever stop to think that if they would take the initiative to create compelling new software for the Vita, they could bolster more console sales and therefore sell a lot of games? What happened to innovation? Just a few great games can make a system jump in popularity and if someone seized on the opportunity of the somewhat "dry" software environment at the moment they could dominate the platform. For instance Monster Hunter in Japan or Call of Duty in America. (who scr..ed this one up again?) But I would like to see more innovation on the platform cause it rocks and I want to state for the record that it is the perfect system for Seaman 3.
Seaman 1 for Dreamcast
Seaman 2 for PS2 (f u for not localizing
Seaman 3 for Vita
Sorry to derail. But I agree capcom should bring over RE, and MH too for that matter.
- Posts: 214
- Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:10 am
u also gotta realize that nintendo is also involved...take a look at gta chinatown wars for ds,it eventually came to the psp and later to ios android.i think we will eventually see a release depending on how well the ps3 version sells. once thats done its easier for them to port a ps3 game to the vita as far as i know.