Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP Vs. Vita

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
MechaGodzilla77

PSP Vs. Vita

Post by MechaGodzilla77 »

Okay, I have a 1.81 Vita with the MBA exploit. I like the second analog and bigger screen for PSP games.

Buuuuut... I was thinking about getting a PSP, so I can buy UMDs and play them that way, and also I like having a full CFW (I dont know why) and also so I can rip and play PS1 games as well.

But if I get a PSP, that's 50-70$ gone, and that will take 80% of my Vita's usage away. (I only play Silent Hill: Book of Memories, and P4: Golden on it, besides PSP isos)

So do you fine people think I should go ahead and get a PSP
(If so, what model?) or just stay with the Vita?
Advertising
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Re: PSP Vs. Vita

Post by SMOKE »

MechaGodzilla77 wrote:(If so, what model?)
If you decide to get one, get a PSP 2000
Those are the easiest to install and use CFW on.
On the PSP 3000, all you can do is basically a HEN.
Plus they are easier to brick (at least for me)
Advertising
VivaLaVita

Post by VivaLaVita »

Personally I don't think I could ever go back. (to PSP I mean) Vita is just too dang awesome. Do what you wish tho. PSP is cool. But after Vita. I would have to mod my PSP with a second analog to play my favorite games. I cannot, will not go back to the MH claw.

BTW... Puyo Pop Fever for PSP rocks. That is all.
spool

Post by spool »

Honestly, I just recently grabbed a Go and an upscaler after having my Vita since release.

I like the Go for portability, and I enjoy being able to dock it and play with the dualshock 3 and on my TV. It also allows me to keep my vita current with OFW, and wait on a proper hack, if it comes.

I use both systems, but I do prefer the Go for portability and backwards compatibility for PS1 games. Not to mention the docking / bluetooth / upscaling to the TV.
VivaLaVita

Post by VivaLaVita »

Yeh I had a go. Its very portable. After a while tho I really only played emulators on it cause psp games would sort of give me hand cramps. I used to have the start and select mapped to the left and right button on the dpad using RemaPsp. sort of making it have dual analog feeling to it. Just place your thumb on the start and select and by rocking your thumb up and down, I could look left and right in mhp3rd. it actually works pretty decently if you care to try it
Cheesethief

Post by Cheesethief »

SMOKE wrote:
MechaGodzilla77 wrote:(If so, what model?)
If you decide to get one, get a PSP 2000
Those are the easiest to install and use CFW on.
On the PSP 3000, all you can do is basically a HEN.
Plus they are easier to brick (at least for me)
No. Simply for the fact that 2000's also have "unhackable" versions and it would be extremely hard to find out which one you are getting when you are getting it used. Unless the person tells you of course.

BUT, you can still have permanent CFW on 3000s and "unhackable" 2000s. You just have to downgrade them to 6.20 and install the permanent patch.

The easiest to install and use CFW on is a PSP 1000. All models are vulnerable to pandora + mms among other exploits and offer more features (ir port, pandora battery soft mod).
Raspberry Pi Model B Rev. 2 Raspbian Wheezy Powered Headless Server
PS3 CECHP01 Habib Cobra 4.65 v1.00
PS Vita PCH1001 3.18 TN-V10 via Gladiator Begins
Desktop Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
Laptop Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
PCMGR

Post by PCMGR »

Cheesethief wrote: No. Simply for the fact that 2000's also have "unhackable" versions and it would be extremely hard to find out which one you are getting when you are getting it used. Unless the person tells you of course.

BUT, you can still have permanent CFW on 3000s and "unhackable" 2000s. You just have to downgrade them to 6.20 and install the permanent patch.

The easiest to install and use CFW on is a PSP 1000. All models are vulnerable to pandora + mms among other exploits and offer more features (ir port, pandora battery soft mod).
Downgrading is risky tho,I find LCfw safer to use.1k feels clunky (and does not support PRO online afaik).

Now,with regard to the topic's title,Vita>PSP :mrgreen:
What do I have:
[spoiler]Nothing to lose.[/spoiler]
Tonakai

Post by Tonakai »

MechaGodzilla77 wrote:Okay, I have a 1.81 Vita with the MBA exploit. I like the second analog and bigger screen for PSP games.

Buuuuut... I was thinking about getting a PSP, so I can buy UMDs and play them that way, and also I like having a full CFW (I dont know why) and also so I can rip and play PS1 games as well.

But if I get a PSP, that's 50-70$ gone, and that will take 80% of my Vita's usage away. (I only play Silent Hill: Book of Memories, and P4: Golden on it, besides PSP isos)

So do you fine people think I should go ahead and get a PSP
(If so, what model?) or just stay with the Vita?
I have two PSP's (the 1000 and GO) as well as my Vita and they all get a lot of usage still.

The PSP Go is a great system. You can install up to 6.20 permanent CFW on it, it can play psp games online through PRO-C and it's pretty nifty when emulating (30+FPS on the latest revision of Daedalusx64). Personally, I would recommend the GO. It's small, light weight, hard wearing and fits in the pocket nicely along with having good speeds while playing games. It also has 16GB internal storage and can be upgraded with another 16gb. The downside however is that you would need to modify plugins when you download them since the path for internal storage is different. The screen is also pretty small (the vita screen is actually about the size of the entire PSP Go).

I mainly use my 1k for Manga and emulating older consoles. It has amazing battery life with a few plugins and is fully customisable (with 6.60 Permanent CFW). It's also nice if you want to look into hacking at all, since it's completely safe. Even if you brick it you can recover it (trust me, I've done some idiotic things with that console). It's good for playing games, though it's slower than the 2k or 3k. The slowness of it though isn't THAT noticeable really. The downside to the 1k is that you cannot use PRO-C and play PSP Games online.

I think I'd recommend the 2k to be honest. It has already been said, but the 2k is probably the way to go. The 1k is great, but lacks the power of the 2k and since you wish to play games and that rather than looking into the technical sides of the vita, then 2k is a good option. I would say the GO, since it's probably my most used of my PSP's, however it's a lot smaller and many people don't like that and also has a few issues.

With regards to not using your Vita as much... Well, it most certainly is nicer to play games on the Vita than the PSP. Larger screen, more colors, second analogue and the sort. You could get a PSP and simply play PS1 and Emulators on it, while keeping the Vita for PSP Games? Something like that.

There's still a lot of different uses to be had from each console depending on how you look at it and your intentions. I'd say get a PSP and enjoy that as well.

Return to “General”