Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Does the 3.55 spoofer to spoof 4.31 allow me to play the

Underground PS3 information and discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Re: Does the 3.55 spoofer to spoof 4.31 allow me to play the

Post by SMOKE »

It's probably not compatible with 3.55.
You might have to upgrade to a 4.xx CFW to get it to work
Advertising
jayfelice

Post by jayfelice »

SMOKE wrote:It's probably not compatible with 3.55.
You might have to upgrade to a 4.xx CFW to get it to work
Aren't Firmwares above 3.55cfw lame tho because Sony forces a ugly 6-7 second Seizure Warning each time the system starts each time right? :lol:

Sony really enjoys people hating their consoles. I can't even stand the fact my Vita does that 6-7 second seizure message each time I start it up. I feel like I play the Vita a lot less because of that obnoxious message. :|
Advertising
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

jayfelice wrote:Aren't Firmwares above 3.55cfw lame tho because Sony forces a ugly 6-7 second Seizure Warning each time the system starts each time right? :lol:
Yes, but I don't really see a problem with that.
For my 4.21.2 Rex CFW, it's only 3-4 seconds.
jayfelice

Post by jayfelice »

SMOKE wrote:
jayfelice wrote:Aren't Firmwares above 3.55cfw lame tho because Sony forces a ugly 6-7 second Seizure Warning each time the system starts each time right? :lol:
Yes, but I don't really see a problem with that.
For my 4.21.2 Rex CFW, it's only 3-4 seconds.
Can you hook me up with one that will play recent game Demos like Dead Space 3? But after I install it is there an easy way to go back to 3.55cfw if I choose to? I know I did it in the past but I'm not sure if you can easily do it with the latest cfw's. I just wanna play this demo real bad. Thank you for your help! Just give me the name of the one I will need to play latest game demo, also can I go back to 3.55cfw easily? I just need the names and if its easy to go back and fourth from cfw because I know that seizure message will annoy me. Also, why is it that no one super Smart has been able to remove the Seizure msg in cfw? I'm unsure if you're allowed to post links to cfw or not on here, so I might only need a name.
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

Here's where you get Rebug CFW: http://www.rebug.me
Before you install a 4.xx CFW, you MUST enable QA Flag.
Also, I know Rebug says to install it on the XMB, but it's best if you install it in recovery mode.
That way, if something goes wrong you might be able to save it.
I've installed 3 4.xx CFWs in the past couple months, and never had a problem with installing it in recovery mode.
Let me know if you need anything else :)
jayfelice

Post by jayfelice »

Thanks, I'm on the latest rebug version. I get the stupid Seizure message but now Dead Space 3 Demo boots up!! I hope my eboot patched 3.55 games work. I haven't tested any of those because I'm gonna take a shower right now and does anyone happen to have a spoofer for rebug version so I can go on psn and download other demos without being banned? Thanks! I'm hoping someone smart gets rid of that seizure message. The only reason I stuck with 3.55cfw so long was because when I previously installed 4.21cfw or some firmware like that the Seizure message bothered me greatly but I'm getting mad that I couldn't play recent games tho.
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

jayfelice wrote:I hope my eboot patched 3.55 games work.
Some will, and some won't.
To fix them, use "Dark Eboot Fixer v5.5" (it's the latest version)
That will resign all your eboots
As for self files, use "True Ancestor SELF Resigner v1.85" (also the latest version)
That will resign self files for you
jayfelice

Post by jayfelice »

How about playing demos or games online with this firmware? Do I need a spoofer or is there a self spoofer in it? Also, I believe there's a tool out there that unbans people from psn if it bans you. Can I play multiplayer online Demos or Full games with this?
jayfelice

Post by jayfelice »

Tested 10 games and some of them used 3.55 fixes and they seem to be working fine on Rebug 4.30.1 without fixing anything. One of the games even on 3.55 has bad framerate but I think that is more to the fact that the company that made that game did a bad job at making that game. Also, my eyes are a bit picker than others because I'm used to gaming at high fps on the pc. Also since my eyes are so picky I can notice difference in hd and graphics quality from pc to console and must say Pc really destroys Consoles but that is normal considering our Graphics cards are much more recent than the 8-7 year old consoles. :lol:

Was my old 8800gts 320mb card more powerful than the graphics cards that they use on consoles? :lol: I'm on a gtx 570 now.
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

Follow these directions to spoof your firmware.

Code: Select all

1. If you already have Rebug Toolbox installed, skip to step 5
2. Go under game and to "Package Manager"
3. Go to Install PKG and then the one in the middle, can't think of it now.
4. There should be Rebug Toolbox there, install it.
5. Launch Rebug Toolbox from XMB.
6. There's a selection that says "Selector" or something like that, and there's a selection that has Rebug and Normal mode, select Rebug Mode.
7. Hold the circle button, and exit.
8. Done! you can now go on PSN

Return to “Programming & security”