Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
#231088 by mahad
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:04 pm
Hello I know that many people asked this already and yes I have read all the tutorials but I still cant get PSX games on my vita!! The game i am trying to get is ff8. Can somebody post a video or use noob friendly words to explain how to do this. I have gotten homebrews and iso/cso on it but PSX games dont make any sense. :evil: :evil: :evil:

this is what i do,
1. convert to .pbp
2. put in a save file for me i use dbz
3. copy with cma
4. try playing but fail
Advertising
#231318 by SMOKE
Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:24 pm
mahad wrote:2. put in a save file for me i use dbz

Did you make a INSTALL.ZIP or did you just put the folder in the savegame?
Because CMA won't transfer folders ;)
Advertising
#231348 by Minimur12
Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:47 pm
install FTP on your vita first, i think its easier, it does take a long time but then i did copy over 4 gig of psx games at once (LOL)
#231365 by mahad
Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:28 pm
SMOKE wrote:
mahad wrote:2. put in a save file for me i use dbz

Did you make a INSTALL.ZIP or did you just put the folder in the savegame?
Because CMA won't transfer folders ;)

No i dont make a zip but i also dont put it in any folder either. I just keep put in a save file and transfer it over like that. Also i tried using ftp but it never works for me. Thats y i use cma
#231374 by SMOKE
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:04 pm
It has to have a new folder with the game name.
It should look like this:
Code: Select allms0:/PSP/GAME/New Folder/EBOOT.PBP

You can name the new folder whatever you want.
#231414 by mahad
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:34 pm
SMOKE wrote:It has to have a new folder with the game name.

Oooo. So if i do that will it work? Also can i just copy it over without a folder like i do rite now and then use psp filer to make a folder then put the pbp in it? 1 more thing i just tied the folder idea but when i try to move it out of the savedata folder it says i have insuffiecent space :?: The game is 2.65 gb almost and on my mem stick ihave a little more than 4 gb. Its very weird
#231613 by Foleyfactor
Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:06 am
mahad wrote:

Oooo. So if i do that will it work? Also can i just copy it over without a folder like i do rite now and then use psp filer to make a folder then put the pbp in it? 1 more thing i just tied the folder idea but when i try to move it out of the savedata folder it says i have insuffiecent space :?: The game is 2.65 gb almost and on my mem stick ihave a little more than 4 gb. Its very weird

Are you sure your using the "move" feature in pspfiler and not "copy" because then you wouldn't have enough space? I think you need double the space of the game to copy or move anyway as it doesn't delete from the original place until it's copied over.
Your easiest option is use "vitaFTP" AND Filezilla on your pc and move the game yourself to /PSP/GAME/Name of your game Foler/Eboot.pbp
#231854 by mahad
Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:03 am
Foleyfactor wrote:
mahad wrote:

Are you sure your using the "move" feature in pspfiler and not "copy" because then you wouldn't have enough space? I think you need double the space of the game to copy or move anyway as it doesn't delete from the original place until it's copied over.
Your easiest option is use "vitaFTP" AND Filezilla on your pc and move the game yourself to /PSP/GAME/Name of your game Foler/Eboot.pbp

I wish i could use vitaFTP but it doesnt work. i also have filezilla and i tried using the plugin for firefox but no luck. idk i might be doing somethin wrong. Somebody put a video or use super noob language??? i would appreciate it. :D
#232265 by StepS
Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:15 am
mahad wrote:I wish i could use vitaFTP but it doesnt work. i also have filezilla and i tried using the plugin for firefox but no luck. idk i might be doing somethin wrong. Somebody put a video or use super noob language??? i would appreciate it. :D

Start button -> My Computer -> Address Bar -> ftp://... -> Profit

you must be connected to the same wifi access point on both vita and pc
#232413 by mahad
Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:38 pm
StepS wrote:
mahad wrote:I wish i could use vitaFTP but it doesnt work. i also have filezilla and i tried using the plugin for firefox but no luck. idk i might be doing somethin wrong. Somebody put a video or use super noob language??? i would appreciate it. :D

Start button -> My Computer -> Address Bar -> ftp://... -> Profit

you must be connected to the same wifi access point on both vita and pc

i will try this but i thought you had to use filezilla or am i wrong?